Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Last year at this time of year I was in South Dakota. It's not the easiest to pick up games down there if you want to watch on tv. I don't actually even recall for sure but seems like playoffs were over by now.

This year it's on ABC - which is national.

Anyhow, I've only watched the good - game 1,4,5,6. I missed others due to work travel/trip. To me... the Oilers are the much better team lol.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Watched the Maurice interview, while I enjoy his frustration and understand it he did not say it was a good goal. He said he would not have challenged it with the video he had and he did not know if it was a good goal or not. I can give the guy grief (I actually like the guy don’t shoot me) but I didn’t hear him say it was a good goal unless I missed something.

In general I can’t stand the offsides challenge rule and think it should be eliminated. That has nothing to do with this goal, glad it was there. In future they should look at eliminating that challenge, too many times its a goal scored way after the potential offsides and to me it’s silly.

Reactions: McDoused

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It didn't make any sense for him to ramble on about the offside challenge like that. He seems totally rattled now.

Catch with Maurice is he's never been a very technical coach. I'm not sure he has many answers if Knob has our guys exposing weaknesses in his group aside from just demanding his players work harder. His amazing game plan with Florida has been to always play with playoff intensity, all year long. Certainly has done a lot for them, and they have a pretty good roster to play with. But we'll see if "try harder" really is enough.
Florida is in a world of hurt. Every series Knobluch takes about 2-3 games to figure out what the opposition is doing and then he adjusts. Once he makes those adjustments (at least up until this point) the opposition has no answer.
Knoblauch should have been Coach of the Year. He has been absolutely brilliant.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Well that seems to make it clear, what a call to make.

Great call. I'm with Maurice though. I wouldn't have had the balls to make that challenge. And I agree that it's one of those things in hockey that leaves a lot of questions after a decision gets made. Offside challenges aren't fun.

But props to the coaching staff, because that goal could've significantly changed the momentum in that game.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Great call. I'm with Maurice though. I wouldn't have had the balls to make that challenge. And I agree that it's one of those things in hockey that leaves a lot of questions after a decision gets made. Offside challenges aren't fun.

But props to the coaching staff, because that goal could've significantly changed the momentum in that game.
What a difference it makes when your coach has complete faith in your penalty kill compared to a coach who doesn’t. That’s what I heard when Maurice said he wouldn’t challenge that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Very ballsy.
It sure helps to have a PK thats at 98% though.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I think my blood pressure is finally getting back to normal this morning
IMG_4862.jpeg

My watch was telling me to calm the f*** down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad