Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I am still absolutely buzzin' from last night.

It's going to be an absolutely beautiful weekend, weather-wise. I have 9 am tee times today and Sunday. Then drinks at the pool.

And I have never wanted a weekend to go by so quickly. Is it Monday yet???

Team of destiny. 5-14-6-1.

LFG!

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Only thing thats too bad is all those Oilers fans that spend a ton of money for tickets at home won't be able to see the cup won at home. Hopefully some get to see it on the road. Been a lot of Oilers fans there it seems.
No worries. This won't be the last cup run for this core. I am sure they will win a cup on home ice. Maybe next year as they will probably run away with the west and have home ice advantage

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Meh. Not much different than the perving that goes on on this board all the time (which unless I’m mistaken you’ve participated in).

The reason I can’t stand biz is that he constantly shits on the Oilers (definitely actively cheers against them) and now he’s all ‘let’s go Oilers’? Really? f*** that guy. I think his little buddy there in the hoody had the right call.
Hey, most ogle Osmak and she's over 40! :)

Reactions: McDoused and ZJuice

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Before this season I cancelled my NHL Live subscription or whatever it was called, because every other game was blacked out and I wasn't willing to buy another subscription for some pay tv channel here, in order to get to watch all the games.
So, for the first time in many years I haven't watched a single NHL game this season, only highlight videos. Now I am wondering if I should look for a way to watch game 7, but I probably won't.

I had the Oilers in 7 over the Nucks and I had the Oilers in 6 over Dallas. I also picked the Oilers in 7 over the Panthers, but after game 3 I thought I got it wrong, because I thought it would go L-L-W-L-W-W-W. Now I am starting to think I might actually get 3 in a row.

I am actually kind of glad there is a break until Monday, because I think I'll need at least a couple of days to catch up with all the posts about this series, and my next step in that direction will be reading through this whole thread. Only read the first page so far.

Just keep it going Oilers and get that cup. It is really fun, even without watching the games, just watching everyone's reactions and witnessing the emotions from people, whether it's throught posts on platforms like this, or in videos on youtube or wherever. Just a treat. Last time I had this much fun with a Stanley Cup Final was in 2011 when I got to watch my boy Seidenberg lift the cup with the Bruins.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
First time in a while I am *f***ing buzzing!*

Also, I missed the first goal coming back from haircut but....

+4 (+2 if we don't count EN) playing Diablo 4.
-1 Eating.

Combined with past 2 games that's like

+10 playing DIablo 4
-3 Eating (I will fast)
+2 cutting vegetables.

For me it's just two categories:
Staying up through the night checking the live scores: -6 (Games 1 and 2)
Sleeping soundly through the night checking the score next morning: +12 (Games 3 through 6)

Love the post btw, even if it reminds me that Diablo 4 is another game I will probably never get to. The list of games I want to play, but don't have time for is so long now.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
I want this so bad for McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge,..., but more so for all you long suffering youngin's that deserve the thrill of finally seeing the boys go all the way. Here's hoping that 2006 was the tease and that this time will be the real thing.
Long suffering? What about the fans of the 1967 Boys in Blue? Bwahahahahahahahaha

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
Was at the game last night (conveniently was also at the grocery store). That was the most fun I’ve ever had at an Oilers game and I’ve been going to games since the 70’s. Hopefully the electricity from the building was felt through tv and radio for everyone to experience.

Downtown was buzzing for hours after the game. I waited in Rogers for about 45 minutes to let traffic die down. There was no way I was going to be able to drive home so I went for dinner. I didn’t try to drive home until 11:30 and the traffic was still backed up. People were running through the streets high-fiving drivers and other pedestrians, everyone was honking and going bonkers, it was an incredible experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad