Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He'd be Bill Frito?

Bill Zito
ocgq17chfesf0hh9rm1l.jpg

Bill Frito
15s3h33alg7d1.jpeg

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
An extra game in Florida resulted in at least another million in Zito's pockets. I doubt he really gives a shit losing the last 3. If I have another million to play with, I would be quietly parading to the bank.

80 years later when this happens again, the headline news from June 21, 2024 would be Nvidia is the most expensive company in the world followed by Microsoft. On a side note, Russia still at war with Ukraine.

People living in 2104 will be wondering what is Microsoft.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
An extra game in Florida resulted in at least another million in Zito's pockets. I doubt he really gives a shit losing the last 3. If I have another million to play with, I would be quietly parading to the bank.
Do you think the Panthers owner will be giving the teams GM, Bill Zito, a 1 million dollar bonus for an extra home game? ;)

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I am so happy guys I can't believe it. Back in 2006 it was the Oilers run to the Stanley Cup finals that made me a Oilers and hockey fan. I had moved to Edmonton in 2000. 2006 was one of the worst years of my life. I lost all my money, I lost my apartment, I got laid off from my job (after 6 years), and all my things were thrown away. The one good thing that happened to me that year was the Oilers run to the finals. How crazy the city went the vibe of the people it just made me a Oilers fan for life. Once again history is repeating itself. 2023 was the worst year of my life. The father of my niece and nephew died of cancer, my best friend in Edmonton died of heart failure, a long term friend of the family Linda (I always called her aunty Linda even though there is no blood relation) since I was a kid died of cancer I got laid off from my job after 7 years, my car broke down. They upped my rent and I lost my apartment. I would have been homeless and lost all my things if my sister didn't take me. None of the bad things that happened were my fault I didn't do drugs or drink or smoke I didn't go out and blow all my money it was just bad lucky and bad circumstance one after another. I am still living with my sister trying to get back on my feet. Once again in my darkest days the Oilers manage to do something special and go on this crazy playoff run all the way to the finals. The one pure and positive thing to happen for me in this last year and a half. I hope this time game 7 the Oilers can bring the cup home. I can tell you I will probably have tears in my eyes if they do it. Also just a little side thing a person I worked with for a number of years, his name was Pat, during the decade of darkness he was a smoker and a old hippy but a big Oilers fan. He got terminal cancer and one of the last things he told me before he died was that he was not going to live to see the Oilers win the cup. Well Pat it just might happen on Monday. Lets Go Oilers!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not used to Oilers hockey infracting on my summer vacation plans
I’m lying in a tent right now unable to sleep lol. Booked the trip months ago lmao.

Was something else hearing cheers go up across the campground when the Oilers scored the back to back empty net goals. And then someone played la bamba lol

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Great team effort. Really proud of the guys to have tied this series up after going down 3-0. Let's win just one more game and complete the reverse sweep in Florida.
Zadorov Lindholm gone
Tanev gone
Ratboy and Bennet TBA

It would be so fitting to chase down Ratboy and ruin his dreams with a reverse sweep after the gentleman’s sweep in Calgary.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I’m lying in a tent right now unable to sleep lol. Booked the trip months ago lmao.

Was something else hearing cheers go up across the campground when the Oilers scored the back to back empty net goals. And then someone played la bamba lol
Last year at this time of year I was in South Dakota. It's not the easiest to pick up games down there if you want to watch on tv. I don't actually even recall for sure but seems like playoffs were over by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad