Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I predicted Edmonton would sweep after getting blown out in the first game lol. It felt like the most Oilersy thing possible, but clearly I wasn't dreaming big enough.

Unbelievable really. Oilers have gone insane mode.
Panthers can't match the oilers speed. Panthers can't decide what defense they're gonna play. Lots of open ice in the middle and the oilers are capitalizing. Panthers also making tons of unforced errors.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
IMG_5058.jpeg

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
The level of cringe with these 40something yr old guys fawning over a young woman is some extra level depraved. Do any of them have daughters of their own? they're all old enough this could to be their daughter.

Biz Nasty. The name fits.
Meh. Not much different than the perving that goes on on this board all the time (which unless I’m mistaken you’ve participated in).

The reason I can’t stand biz is that he constantly shits on the Oilers (definitely actively cheers against them) and now he’s all ‘let’s go Oilers’? Really? f*** that guy. I think his little buddy there in the hoody had the right call.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Panthers can't match the oilers speed. Panthers can't decide what defense they're gonna play. Lots of open ice in the middle and the oilers are capitalizing. Panthers also making tons of unforced errors.
Panthers need to setup that 1-3-1 like the Kings and play rope a dope zero forecheck against the oilers. Wait for a powerplay opportunity to open it up. Other than that, play for overtime. That is their only hope. Barkov being their kopitar and ekblad being their doughty.

The only way the NHL isn't rigged is if the oilers complete the comeback. Bettman probably called Zito and told him to make it go 7 games to up the playoff revenues and TV ratings. Zito bashed the water bottle as an act so nobody suspects a thing.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I hear you.
Maurice has nothing. He is just grasping at straws.

It didn't make any sense for him to ramble on about the offside challenge like that. He seems totally rattled now.

Catch with Maurice is he's never been a very technical coach. I'm not sure he has many answers if Knob has our guys exposing weaknesses in his group aside from just demanding his players work harder. His amazing game plan with Florida has been to always play with playoff intensity, all year long. Certainly has done a lot for them, and they have a pretty good roster to play with. But we'll see if "try harder" really is enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad