GDT: 3/18 - Canes @ Jackets - Strange Lines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
It's an interesting change in the nature of the Canes locker room that hasn't really been talked about.

There doesn't seem to be the same level of comraderie/character that has been associated with the "country club" in the previous years.

A lot of that Tim Gleason/JJ trade thread talked about Tim being a great teammate/character guy. And he certainly was. There seems to be a growing void in that department compared to years past. Brindy-Larose's dynamic. Whitney peeking up behind during preskate interviews. Gleason/Walker looking to end people who cheap shot fellow players. It's a bunch of silly stuff, but at the same time, going to war with guys you give a damn about rather than for a paycheck seems like a better situation.

There is definitely not the same sense of team from my ill-informed distant perspective.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It's an interesting change in the nature of the Canes locker room that hasn't really been talked about.

There doesn't seem to be the same level of comraderie/character that has been associated with the "country club" in the previous years.

A lot of that Tim Gleason/JJ trade thread talked about Tim being a great teammate/character guy. And he certainly was. There seems to be a growing void in that department compared to years past. Brindy-Larose's dynamic. Whitney peeking up behind during preskate interviews. Gleason/Walker looking to end people who cheap shot fellow players. It's a bunch of silly stuff, but at the same time, going to war with guys you give a damn about rather than for a paycheck seems like a better situation.

There is definitely not the same sense of team from my ill-informed distant perspective.

Agreed, but if you can't put a stat to it, it has zero affect on the team.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Aye. Then again that was also 7 playoff-less seasons and multiple game 82 chokes of frustration ago with an aberration in 09 interrupting that.

Now that you mention it, it's a wonder I'm not completely deranged yet.

Or maybe I am and just don't know it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Describe to me this place you speak of playoffs. How can one find it? Is the food there good?

Tis a legendary place of ages gone by. You may still hear rumors of it in the far away lands of Boston, Pittsburgh, and Chicago though I have yet to be able to confirm its continued existence these last 5 years.

But tis a place I would once again like to visit if it still does exist. The food in this strange land is varied ranging from simple grilled beef patties on buns known as burgers over a simple kerosene grill, to large ornate displays centering on some incredible dish based around roasted pig. I kid you not, these people slow roast it, serve it with some incredible side dishes, a vinegar and spiced based seasoning, and simply call it "barbecue"... "barbecue", who's ever heard of such a thing? I'd have called it slow smoked pork braised in spices with vinegar based sauce, that's much easier to remember.

Oh and the libations. An incredible array of beers and wines worthy of being a section of Valhalla itself. Though many of them indeed mediocre going by names such as "Bud Light" and "Miller Lite" numerous others are indeed both fortifying and truly stupefying in nature, both in their taste and their intoxicating prowess. I have therefore concluded that these "Light beers" must indeed suck something rather fierce, yet they must also hold some kind of magical power to still have such a firm presence among such beers as are offered in this mystical playoff land. More research will have to be done to confirm this.

All of this, held in one great outdoor location known simply as "the lot". I like that, "the lot", indeed it is filled with vehicles as far as thine eyes can see, and with people partaking of this great festival before entering the arena. Indeed a quite civilized approach to things, although I have witnessed brawls there between members of the nations north and the nations south in this "lot". Generally highly provoked responses to challenges by roving bands of these northern rivals, they are also quick to leave when they discover they are greatly outnumbered or that these southerners are simply there to witness the spectacle within the arena and not be a sideshow themselves.

Indeed more will have to be done to confirm the existence of this mystical land of the playoffs to begin with. Join me brothers, we WILL find ourselves there eventually, or we will die gloriously trying.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I first learned of this place in 2001. My time there was brief, but since then I have thrice made the journey to this faraway land, each visit occupying several weeks. Yea, I have spent many a late night in this place. I once stayed up until the wee hours to observe a ritual known among the natives as "triple overtime". All around me, the wee ones slept and the old ones battled heavy eyelids, but I, I watched it all! And yes, as DaveG said, the food there is delightful. And the weather! O, the weather! Nowhere can one find a climate more glorious and appropriate for outdoor dining. Alas, whilst I know the route to this place by heart, I fear we may never again find it there.

Last edited:

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
One does not simply walk into the Playoffs. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Penguins and Bruins. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Bettman is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
One does not simply walk into the Playoffs. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Penguins and Bruins. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Bettman is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this.

There is one who does...

561069_10151052640285709_62289603_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad