CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
At some point don’t you have to ask yourself why football coaches (guys who are around the players and the game all the time) are preferring to play whoever else is here over Ford? I got my answer last week.
Again exactly. JJ is no idiot, as much as people would like to conclude that. As mentioned he has all the details, all the information, and is the one making the decisions. Last week was so odd as well, wasn't just the telecast talking about it all day. Ford and brother Ford were both guilty of getting distracted playing each other. It got kind of silly. Not sure if Ford has ADHD but he really seems to lose focus. When he's on and sharp he's quite something. But he can be something else too. Keep thinking he's not the best student of the game and multiple coaches have mentioned this aspect.

But we're supposed to deduce "they all hate Ford"

I'm trying to turn the corner on liking the club again and liking how its being run. its awfully hard to read through what feels like constant derision of the club. With new ownership, new coaches, some players that can finally play ball its been fun again. It takes time to build this up again after org was reduced to rubble.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
CFL command center basically handed the game to Hamilton in OT BS PI call and an overturn at that to award Hamilton ball on 1yd line first down. Otherwise its a tie game. The PI overturn was BS.

Same drive on the first play BLM is late getting the ball. Clock had run right down to zero before ball was snapped. Somehow no penalty, play was allowed. All this was allowed because CFL spending a lot of time trying to make BLM and Hamilton happen.

I KNEW they were overturning that play in OT. Who didn't think that? That the CFL see's fit to overturn a call in OT to make the home team lose is its own madness. Basically everybody walks home feeling that the game was jobbed. How would paying fans feel about in the rebuilding BC market. What a f***ing sham. I don't even like BC but that was ridiculous.

Clown show control room just wants to make the fans cry. What league would continually do this? eventually the people just stay home. you can only have so many of these experiences as a fan.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Was having a very meh season though. I would say the game tonight was more our poor D than him going supernova.

My only guess is that they like losing and getting fired because they made poor choices. ;) Coaches will always try to stay employed, and that means playing the QB who they think gives them the best chance to win. Clearly the choices of starting Cornelius and MBT have been the wrong ones, one coach already paid the price and was fired, the next guy is very iffy to be back next year.
The starting quarterback has to be a leader. To be a leader he has to set the example of being the most committed and most prepared player on the team. This looks like a big part of Ford’s issue. This is why I suspect Jones and now Jackson are loathe to play him. Maybe I’m wrong though. Maybe they just want to lose and get fired. We’ll see how many more coaches Tre Ford gets fired whether it’s here or somewhere else.

I think Ford has physical skills and can be a backup. He can help the team win games coming off the bench. He just doesn’t have the qualities to be the guy to lead the team as a starter. It wouldn’t surprise me if part of the reason he didn’t play today was because he had an attitude problem all week after getting pulled in the last game. The camera has caught him in both games looking disengaged. Not the first time we’ve seen this from him either.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The starting quarterback has to be a leader. To be a leader he has to set the example of being the most committed and most prepared player on the team. This looks like a big part of Ford’s issue. This is why I suspect Jones and now Jackson are loathe to play him. Maybe I’m wrong though. Maybe they just want to lose and get fired. We’ll see how many more coaches Tre Ford gets fired whether it’s here or somewhere else.

I think Ford has physical skills and can be a backup. He can help the team win games coming off the bench. He just doesn’t have the qualities to be the guy to lead the team as a starter. It wouldn’t surprise me if part of the reason he didn’t play today was because he had an attitude problem all week after getting pulled in the last game. The camera has caught him in both games looking disengaged. Not the first time we’ve seen this from him either.

Maybe he’s a problem in the room, I don’t know. His teammates seem to like him though, for the most part respond well when he starts. I’ve seen zero leadership from MBT, but he is the chosen one. JJ after tonight’s game incredulously said that MBT had a good game. If that was Ford playing, he would have ripped him a new one. Again. Anyhow, it’s not going to matter, Ford won’t be here next year to put out the fire when the next chosen one shits the bed. Funny thing is I don’t even think Ford is that great, like I said 50/50 that he becomes a good starter, just don’t like the way the team has dealt with his development and played QB’s ahead of him who have failed miserably.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Maybe he’s a problem in the room, I don’t know. His teammates seem to like him though, for the most part respond well when he starts. I’ve seen zero leadership from MBT, but he is the chosen one. JJ after tonight’s game incredulously said that MBT had a good game. If that was Ford playing, he would have ripped him a new one. Again. Anyhow, it’s not going to matter, Ford won’t be here next year to put out the fire when the next chosen one shits the bed. Funny thing is I don’t even think Ford is that great, like I said 50/50 that he becomes a good starter, just don’t like the way the team has dealt with his development and played QB’s ahead of him who have failed miserably.
Yeah, it sucks. I’m not sure what the future is at quarterback for this team. I’m leaning to it being neither of these guys or maybe I’m just overreacting to last weeks game which really soured me on Ford.

Either way it’s going to be an interesting off season. I’m excited due to the ownership change that makes me hopeful for the first time in at least a decade that this team is committed to building a winning football team instead of some other kind of outside nonsense.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
For all the talk about replacing the QB in this game, how about replacing every single one of the f***ers on defense? No rush, couldn’t tackle a dummy, and couldn’t cover worth a shit. Get rid of all of them and start over.
The defensive line has been a problem all season.

They don't get any pressure and have been weak against the run. Olivera was running thru the line at will yesterday.

I will give some credit to Oakman though. You can see how frustrated he is out there but he usually plays a good game. He is probably the only one on the D-line who is returning next season.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Again exactly. JJ is no idiot, as much as people would like to conclude that. As mentioned he has all the details, all the information, and is the one making the decisions. Last week was so odd as well, wasn't just the telecast talking about it all day. Ford and brother Ford were both guilty of getting distracted playing each other. It got kind of silly. Not sure if Ford has ADHD but he really seems to lose focus. When he's on and sharp he's quite something. But he can be something else too. Keep thinking he's not the best student of the game and multiple coaches have mentioned this aspect.

But we're supposed to deduce "they all hate Ford"

I'm trying to turn the corner on liking the club again and liking how its being run. its awfully hard to read through what feels like constant derision of the club. With new ownership, new coaches, some players that can finally play ball its been fun again. It takes time to build this up again after org was reduced to rubble.
“Gettin distracted playing each other”

Simply not true at all. I watched the entire telecast. The only one obsessing and completely distracted was Glen Suiter.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The defensive line has been a problem all season.

They don't get any pressure and have been weak against the run. Olivera was running thru the line at will yesterday.

I will give some credit to Oakman though. You can see how frustrated he is out there but he usually plays a good game. He is probably the only one on the D-line who is returning next season.
Oliviera when healthy and feeling it runs through the whole league. He's a bear to bring down. But it was the passing arsenal that was killing us all night. At least we had some run stops. We had none when Bombers were throwing the ball. I can think of one good play made on a pass attempt. Our backfield was awful.

Team looked off and maybe feeling a bit too good about themselves in Winnipeg. Plenty of posts about how the players were enjoying the sights and food and such in Winnipeg. haha. Even some posts that they found an airport;)

Team was saying as well they would take the game to Winnipeg in their stadium. Even Rankin was saying that. The team and some players go away from themselves and suddenly thought they were something. The spanking we saw was emphatic, and perhaps the beat down was for some dressing room wall stuff. Elks have to learn to play their game, not talk their game. That they are even doing that is kind of offputting.

DoubleEFan

Aug 26, 2024
lol, just put Ford in.
I wanted Ford to go in, but maybe it’s better he didn’t. They were so disastrous that it may have made Ford look really bad. The mistake now is JJ completely clueless in his media avail saying MBT is our quarterback and that he thought he played well. The D was disastrous but it cannot be said that MBT played well. This new owner needs to get his people in place now. Earlier this week TSN was reporting that a change is imminent. We are not renewing our season tickets until someone comes in and sweeps things clean like a new broom. We are the laughing stock of the CFL and especially after this game. Someone needs to clean this mess up.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I wanted Ford to go in, but maybe it’s better he didn’t. They were so disastrous that it may have made Ford look really bad. The mistake now is JJ completely clueless in his media avail saying MBT is our quarterback and that he thought he played well. The D was disastrous but it cannot be said that MBT played well. This new owner needs to get his people in place now. Earlier this week TSN was reporting that a change is imminent. We are not renewing our season tickets until someone comes in and sweeps things clean like a new broom. We are the laughing stock of the CFL and especially after this game. Someone needs to clean this mess up.
I think its safe to assume that serious change is coming.

LT didn't get to where he is today by not having an eye for the right people. When he said on the TSN telecast a few weeks ago that "we have a lot of work to do"--I know what he meant. "A lot of work to do with more talented people" was the proper translation. He made it pretty clear that he's unimpressed with what he has now.

The coaching staff, management staff and scouting staff (assuming there is one) all need a reboot.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
To me it seems like they have made the decision to move in from Ford OR Ford has told them he is definitely moving on.

For Jackson to declare MBT his QB after that debacle last night, its the only thing that makes sense.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad