Post-Game Talk: 3-0 win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
LOL.

IMG_3608.jpeg

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I rewatched the game inbthe CBC broadcast again, I was convinced we had a terrible first period, but in fact after 10 minutes of the first period, we started to get our footing, it was not pretty, but we were actually managing the game. We were in control.

If we are honest about it, everytime, McDavid picks up speed in our D zone, I expect us to be scrambling, everyone chasing and switching positions, he is after all, the best player in the world, and that is what needs to be done to keep up with him.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I rewatched the game inbthe CBC broadcast again, I was convinced we had a terrible first period, but in fact after 10 minutes of the first period, we started to get our footing, it was not pretty, but we were actually managing the game. We were in control.

If we are honest about it, everytime, McDavid picks up speed in our D zone, I expect us to be scrambling, everyone chasing and switching positions, he is after all, the best player in the world, and that is what needs to be done to keep up with him.

yeah exactly, it wasn't pretty, but I think it was partly the plan and also they obviously weren't great to start. Didn't help when Bob gave the puck away right at the beginning that resulted in a 2-0 (Bob is awesome stopping the puck, but playing it gives me heart burn).

I think by mid-game or something, the o-zone time was about even. Oilers did a good job defensively too, so kept us to the side and limited our chances, but it really looked like we were trying for the higher quality shots against Skinner and not the bombardment strategy we had against the other goalies.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Ok, real question here. With our salary cap issues, any chance Bill Z trades Bob this offseason? He’d be selling high and could get a lot from a desperate team IMO. I’m not saying he should trade him but we have a lot of UFA’s & RFA’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad