Post-Game Talk: 3-0 win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I like to read the playoffs board, so I knew what we were in for. I told people it would be worse than Toronto. :laugh:

"The main boards are just a cesspool of toxicity disingenuity from the same trolls though. Always funny to see the same guys rush back after disappearing in each round."

"Most of these trolls couldn't walk from the couch to the fridge without passing out."

"I don't go to the mains too much lately because all that toxicity is literally affecting my mental well-being."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I find it hilarous on all these takes. If Oilers play like they did the first half of the game they'll take the series.

Do any of these idiots get that would mean Panthers would have play the same way too. Way under there potential

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I agree. if you take away the breakaway breakdowns, we were ok. not great but passable. there were a few plays in front of the net where they were alone but generally, they didn't get a lot of clean looks off east-west plays. and yes, our pressure forced them to play faster than they wanted to. but they can potentially execute better.

don't kid yourself, though - the oilers will certainly make adjustments. they should feel ok about what they generated but they're not going to pat themselves on the back and spend the next day and half on the beach. they know they need to score and will tweak things to try and do so.

I don't know that we can withstand the type of pressure we saw last night but I was pessimistic that we'd be able to get through game one like that so...?

I think it starts with our D - we weren't quick enough with our first passes vs their forecheck and that starts everything. if we can't cleanly get up the ice as a 5-man unit, we can't get OUR forecheck going. even simple puck management was below average last night - how many times did our D "out-kick" our coverage on high flips (always a plan B for our D when under pressure), resulting in a quick counter and more time defending?

Yeah I'm not saying we were defensive stalwarts or played amazing, but I think given how well the Oilers had their offensive game going, we did well limiting their ability to finish and set up plays.

The Oilers players all keep saying how well they played and they basically deserved better. Maybe we'll see some adjustments, but honestly I don't think it'll be that different.

Last edited:

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK

Thought the refs actually favored the Oilers last night. Some people just cannot take losing

All last week I read how Edmonton's 10 shot 2-1 win v Dallas was a defensive masterclass, winning is the only thing that matters. Today Florida's 18 shot 3-0 win is an injustice to hockey. Got lucky to win, wont win anymore games as heavily outclassed.

Just can't make this sh*t up.

He had 26 shifts which was 2nd most. He’s prob fine
I think a few of our players just weren't at it. Kept the shifts short as seemed a bit leggy. So many falling over too.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
2D8FEAE3-1AD2-44BD-98E5-504E619BCA17.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad