Post-Game Talk: 3-0 win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

IMG_8262.jpeg

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
What a game to be at! During warmups there was a lot of let's go Oilers chants because all their fans were by the glass. But after that did hear it again all night.

When Swaggy scored it was a relief! Made the Oilers chase the game.

All through the game couldn't believe the low shot total and how the Oilers were outshooting them by such a large margin. Bob was in Vezina mode and made a lot of high quality saves.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Bob was our best player last night but I think the defense did better than it's being given credit for and some don't give enough respect to just how good McDrai can be.

They're going to get possession and looks, but I felt we did a good enough job making sure there wasn't a lot of time and space for their guys to make clean plays, kept them mostly to the outside when in the zone, let Bob see the play and cleaned up any rebounds or tied their guys up. The pk was really aggressive which didn't give them a lot of time. Oilers players had shots in high danger areas but none had time to really lift the puck or change angles. The white jerseys got in close but red was always nearby.

They'll make adjustments, Oilers probably won't because they felt like they deserved to win. We got better as the game went along even as Oilers got more desperate did that's a good sign.

There was that play where McD had a shot at the faceoff dot and he shot it right into the logo Erod style. No change in angle or anything. Just a rushed shot. We keep hitting them and rushing them, it'll impact they're finish.

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Lol the quotation marks

Bennett clearly tries to inflict a major injury on McD. DOPS has to take a close look at this sequence and dish out a 20 game suspension to Bennett. I have no doubt in my mind that would be the result of this but the league desperately wants the Carolina Panthers to win their first SC and only an obnoxious panther homer would try to argue anything else.

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Were were goalied for 2 series.
We were due to goalie another team..

Cats will reduce breakaways.
Fall down less.

Things that will happen..

Bob will let a goal in.
Both teams will score a pp goal.
We will continue to get very good looks 5 on 5.
Both teams will feel the weight of the hitting
They will juggle their lineup.
Our guys will not be intimidated
Ekblad will score this series

We are now 1-0 all time on days that I strike a bear in the face in my backyard with a wiffle ball from 40 feet away while wearing a lundell T-shirt.

Last edited:

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Bob was our best player last night but I think the defense did better than it's being given credit for and some don't give enough respect to just how good McDrai can be.

They're going to get possession and looks, but I felt we did a good enough job making sure there wasn't a lot of time and space for their guys to make clean plays, kept them mostly to the outside when in the zone, let Bob see the play and cleaned up any rebounds or tied their guys up. The pk was really aggressive which didn't give them a lot of time. Oilers players had shots in high danger areas but none had time to really lift the puck or change angles. The white jerseys got in close but red was always nearby.

They'll make adjustments, Oilers probably won't because they felt like they deserved to win. We got better as the game went along even as Oilers got more desperate did that's a good sign.

There was that play where McD had a shot at the faceoff dot and he shot it right into the logo Erod style. No change in angle or anything. Just a rushed shot. We keep hitting them and rushing them, it'll impact they're finish.

I agree. if you take away the breakaway breakdowns, we were ok. not great but passable. there were a few plays in front of the net where they were alone but generally, they didn't get a lot of clean looks off east-west plays. and yes, our pressure forced them to play faster than they wanted to. but they can potentially execute better.

don't kid yourself, though - the oilers will certainly make adjustments. they should feel ok about what they generated but they're not going to pat themselves on the back and spend the next day and half on the beach. they know they need to score and will tweak things to try and do so.

I don't know that we can withstand the type of pressure we saw last night but I was pessimistic that we'd be able to get through game one like that so...?

I think it starts with our D - we weren't quick enough with our first passes vs their forecheck and that starts everything. if we can't cleanly get up the ice as a 5-man unit, we can't get OUR forecheck going. even simple puck management was below average last night - how many times did our D "out-kick" our coverage on high flips (always a plan B for our D when under pressure), resulting in a quick counter and more time defending?

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
With a team this fast I shutter when we are on the PP I’d rather not have it we just tend to lose the puck and a breakaway forcing Bob into a one on one situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad