Post-Game Talk: 3-0 win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Good to see @Gentle Man made it to the game. Get him more lego's!

That lego really did give me an ouch

Paul made a great adjustment on the fly with Lousty Barky and Reino to close it out.

I don't mind rolling that out at all

ERod Benny Chuck
Verhaeghe Lundy Tank clears the rest of their lineup

We can't defend their nuke line. We have to have to get the puck on their end and kill the shift

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
1717972388981.png

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Counterpoint, he's a good defensive player who gets into position to clear often, so he fails often.
Eggblad does not deserve you.

Come at me Bro!

3 more to go Panthers fans! Awesome effort despite the refs being on the Oilers side.
There is no refs conspiracy, it was a pure Bussiness win. Only when we loose, is the refs fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
They didn't play awful, they weathered the storm and came out on top. They knew the Oilers were going to go full on offense.
You guys need to rewatch the game, without the emotion of being live. You will see a different game, a Managed Chaos type of games, we were playing against freaking Jesus McDavid, + Draisaitl, do you really guys expect us, to be well composed and organized? It will be like this the rest of the games, but we will be better.
Bob was fantastic, but it was a team win, no doubt.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’d like to think we won’t lose 4 of the next 5, and I’d really like to think we won’t lose the next 4 straight, so if the oilers want to take this series it’d almost surely have to be in 7 games. Would still require us to lose 4 of the next 6, which I wouldn’t say is necessarily likely but certainly possible. About 75% of all game 1 finals winners end up winning it all, 70% if you look at the past 20 years, and apparently close to 85% if it’s done on home ice so it’s all promising statistically but that’s why the games are played and they have wayyy too much game breaking talent is be careless or take anything easy. I’ll be nervous until this is all done. For now, it’s all numbers on a paper. They need to finish the job and I do expect Edmonton to come out and tie it tomorrow but man would that be huge if we can find a way to take game 2 as well

Reactions: VIMMM and Laus723

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
One thing that's baffling is the slow starts. It's been literally every game these playoffs the same, the first period is always the worst. One of those things that just doesn't make sense. Same with them being a better road team since last playoffs.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
One thing that's baffling is the slow starts. It's been literally every game these playoffs the same, the first period is always the worst. One of those things that just doesn't make sense. Same with them being a better road team since last playoffs.
Record wise there is not a huge discrepancy, but I just like the simpler game they play on the road.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
When we played the Rags, we could play well and they could have a poor game, but they could still win. Because shesterkin could win it. Same with Boston and Tampa.

Oilers don’t have the goalie factor to counter with. They just don’t. They’re not that strong in the most important position in hockey.

McDrai just won’t get it done without a G. Just like Austin and Mitch won’t either. And some good D. Just the way the game of hockey goes, because the puck is faster than even McD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad