Post-Game Talk: 3-0 win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
I think he's definitely not at 100%. I don't think he was ever really at 100% this season, tbh.

Yeah I think the last year's injury still takes a toll. But even still, he is a ppg player in these playoffs, could say that's pretty okay.

Anyway, great first game, Bob was a monster - just be better next game and he doesn't need to be. We got this, 3 more 🙌

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Steve Levi: "Panthers won, but the Oilers dominated the whole game"
That is dishonest at best, at points in the game, especially in the third the Oilers could not get in our zone, even the late 1st was not dictated by the Oilers.

I will characterized the game as a "Managed Chaos" they were scrambling, but with a structure, that is what was required.

One thing that was more evident to me was that we have more space in the offense, because of the way the Oilers play, Tarasenko had room to make plays as well as behind the net, I think we are going to be ok.

Scoring is not going to be a problem, specially, when we already let Skinner know, we got his number.

Last edited:

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
We were massively outplayed.

Oilers are forechecking us to death. We cannot be outplayed using our own style. We have no backup plan
If you watch the game, without the emotions when watching live, you will see a different game, like you I was convinced that was the case, but rewatching it, gave me a good gauge of good we were, yes, they were the better team, bit we were in control.

I bet you that next game, we will a lot better, adjustments will be made, we, now have a good sample size to adjust.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Ok, real question here. With our salary cap issues, any chance Bill Z trades Bob this offseason? He’d be selling high and could get a lot from a desperate team IMO. I’m not saying he should trade him but we have a lot of UFA’s & RFA’s.

I'd love to have this discussion at some point, but not while we're in the SCF...ask again in three weeks

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Not sure what game the rest of you are watching, but I thought we were fine. Oilers had their chances, but didn't feel like they were THAT dangerous. Thought we had some good ozone possession, but clear the oilers are stacking in front of skinner and the middle to prevent cross ice while we're trying to get some puck movement so we aren't just shooting it. Skinner's thing is good at straight on shots, bad at movement.

Only thing is I'd like us to hit McD more, there were a few opportunities and they let up. Gotta keep that up.
That is my assessment, I rewatched the game, and we were actually in control, no more, no less, that when we played the Rangers. We will be fine.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Quality of competition and quality of teammates adjusted card (Forsling-Ekblad and Barkov line played mostly against McDavid)

weird how first line have positive individual defense
but way negative overall team defense, gustavs only one w/ individual defense just slightly bad, why the huge negative?

Steve Levi: "Panthers won, but the Oilers dominated the whole game"
That is dishonest at best, at points in the game, especially in the third the Oilers could not get in our zone, even the late 1st was not dictated by the Oilers.

I will characterized the game as a "Managed Chaos" they were scrambling, but with a structure, that is what was required.

One thing that was more evident to me was that we have more space in the offense, because of the way the Oilers play, Tarasenko had room to make plays as well as behind the net, I think we are going to be ok.

Scoring is not going to be a problem, specially, when we already let Skinner know, we got his number.
i get what youre saying, but that is truly scary if we havent seen the oilers best

Reactions: Two4Fighting

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Edmonton will wear down if they keep playing McDrai together, and for well over 20 minutes a night. We just have to keep them in check, and the rest will work itself out. They have no depth when they play those 2 together.
Same with Bouchard. He played 27 mins last night. The next closest defenseman for them was Ekholm at 18:57 of TOI. Good luck sustaining that for 4 games.

The Panthers use a clapping/fan soundboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad