Value of: 2nd Pairing RHD to Edmonton

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have a sneaking suspicion Barron woont last with us. That said, they’re both AHLers at this moment in time.

Barron is more than a AHL player. 30 pts with 12 goals in 94 NHL games at age 22. Barron > Bourgault. Bourgault would be no better than what we already have. Mesar, RHP, Farrell, Heineman.

Doesn't matter though. This is a 2nd pairing RD thread for the Oilers. Barron is 2+ years away from potentially being ready for that role. Oilers want the help now.

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Faulk had a fantastic 22-23 season, played injured during last season. We need a healthy Faulk to even think about being a playoff team this coming year.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Although a lot of fans on here talk about the Oilers having to overpay to get someone they need, like a 3-4 RHD, the reality is Edmonton finally has a guy in an acting GM role who pulls off great trades for the team.

Do you see Jeff Jackson overpaying for someone? I don't.

Reactions: jeg

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Oilers had gave up a first for Savard last deadline they'd won the cup
Savard was going to score in game 7?

Seriously though, we gave up our 1st last year for a guy who contributed pretty well and signed a follow up contract. I think we're satisfied with having Henrique over Savard right now. Now, if we could have gotten Savard with our 2025 1st rounder, I might have been okay with that, although it still would have meant we would have had to do something with Ceci, and I don't think there was any way we were paying a 1st and Ceci for Savard.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Seriously though, we gave up our 1st last year for a guy who contributed pretty well and signed a follow up contract. I think we're satisfied with having Henrique over Savard right now. Now, if we could have gotten Savard with our 2025 1st rounder, I might have been okay with that, although it still would have meant we would have had to do something with Ceci, and I don't think there was any way we were paying a 1st and Ceci for Savard.
Habs wouldn't take Ceci + 1st for Savard...

Savard's value is a 1st rder. You need to also pay us to to take on a cap dump like Ceci.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Faulk had a fantastic 22-23 season, played injured during last season. We need a healthy Faulk to even think about being a playoff team this coming year.
Which is fine, a potential Nurse-Faulk pairing gives me night terrors

Habs wouldn't take Ceci + 1st for Savard...

Savard's value is a 1st rder. You need to also pay us to to take on a cap dump like Ceci.
I see Savard is going to be the guy that Habs fans swear up and down is worth a first all year long...

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I still want Artem Zub from Ottawa, but I don't know how the Oilers could pry him out of there.

Maybe Steve Staios isn't as big a fan of Zub as the previous GM was. But being a former defenseman himself, he probably is.

The Oilers have got to move Nurse.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Oilers have got to move Nurse.
fc_dnexists_41755_lg.gif

(If you know you know)

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Which is fine, a potential Nurse-Faulk pairing gives me night terrors

I see Savard is going to be the guy that Habs fans swear up and down is worth a first all year long...
And we were right about Chirot so... yah!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Wouldn't been game 7. Savard ace in playoffs. Probably best shot blocker in game.

Reminds me of Flyers fans when we were trading Patrick Roy. No way would they make offer. Costs them 2 Cups.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Connor Murphy (50% retained), Louis Crevier
And 2026 4th rd pick. To the oilers
For 2027 1st rd, and 2026 2nd rd pick.

Makes Murphy’s cap hit 2.2 mill for 2 years. Crevier WILL BE AN NHL REGULAR. Not sure if 2nd or 3rd pair though.
I feel Chicago overpays here but gets what they want and the team’s owner has not had an issue spending money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad