Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Marc Bergevin: "Trading isn't easy"

Kent Hughes: Just trade Jordan freaking "useless" Harris for a 2nd pick and a 40goalscorer.

Lol
Some people have it, some people don't. BargainBin didn't have a longterm vision and it showed. He was always reactive, often late to the party. Appearing tired to the press, as if he tried hard and failed, not groomed, like he was out of his element. Contrary to Hughes who seems in control.

I don't want to sound like a Hugues fefan but maaaaaannnn what a difference with the Bargain era. Salut Marc. Hope your having fun in LA. We don't miss you buddy.
I'm sure Danault is enjoying his presence.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I'm excited to see how MSL handles Laine, could be his biggest challenge personality wise

Also happy for Armia to get another Finn
Have you looked at the gong show of coaches Laine has had to navigate in Columbus? No wonder he was experiencing difficulties after his Dad passed. MSL will be a breath of fresh air.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
The injury makes things less predictable. We saw what happened last year with CC's production - his goals fell off a cliff from previous percentages.

There's a reason people were gunshy about trading for him. I really hope the team lowers expectations going into this season. Better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around.

He could absolutely be a 30-40 goal guy. He has the talent to do it and he'll be on a top six that's talented enough to help him. That's the upside. But I worry about high expectations and a hindered performance.
This has been my feeling, as well. Laine will be (1) joining a new team and system after (2) having played only 18 games last season, (3) having just been released from the player's assistance program, and (4) having recent shoulder surgery. Any one of those items could cause a player to get off to a slow start, so anyone expecting him to come out like gangbusters with all that stacked against him is setting themselves up for disappointment. Better to set expectations lower and see how things progress as the season unfolds. A slow start, but with improvement in the 2nd half of the season would still be a win. Folks need to have some patience (which can be a rare commodity around here).

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Easy there, have you ever heard of the legal term "Libel"?

"a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation."

Actually it was Laine who went to the coaching staff and volunteered. Due to the team being short of centres.
He really volunteered himself? That’s pretty amazing

Reactions: Habs10Habs

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
My theory on this is that he was addicted to playing video games. Specifically fortnite.

Matthew Perrault went on la poche blue last night and said that he would bring his game out with him when they went out. He was no doubt gaming all night instead of sleeping. That alone could help explain why he was so injury prone if he didn’t give himself enough rest to recover.

I think he said all the right things yesterday about his recovery including his renewed focus on hockey and wanting to win and not just score goals but play the game

If that’s all true, it may take him half a season or so to find his new form but he’ll be great.

big If but we’re not basing the fate of the team on him anyway, he’s only one of many great pieces we have

I hope this is sarcasm

Those gaming comments are so old, should have been put to bed by the end of his Winnipeg days

If you want to know why he went there look into what happened few years ago in his personal life

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Happiest guy on the team has to be Dach. This makes sure that Suzuki ain't hogging all the best wingers and that at least one of Laine, Slaf, or Caufield will be on Dach's wing at any time.

Also about Harris, we all know Laine had issues surrounding him, and is basically a cap dump, but for a guy like Harris, you just got traded for freaking Patrik Laine. If he gets back to his early career trajectory, I wonder how much pressure that will put on Harris to perform in Colombus.

*Good luck to him though, I hope he does well and finds a solid role on a up and coming Jackets team in a similar position as the Habs.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The injury makes things less predictable. We saw what happened last year with CC's production - his goals fell off a cliff from previous percentages.

There's a reason people were gunshy about trading for him. I really hope the team lowers expectations going into this season. Better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around.

He could absolutely be a 30-40 goal guy. He has the talent to do it and he'll be on a top six that's talented enough to help him. That's the upside. But I worry about high expectations and a hindered performance.

What injury are you talking about? The shoulder?

If so I understood it was a basic clean up, nothing major

I can't see the Montreal media focusing on Laine, they know he's not "the guy". I see Suzuki, Cauflield, Slaf, Dach and Laine all having a fairly equal weighting of pressure. And if 1 of them is in a slump, there's a strong likelihood that another is as well.

Nobody on Montreal comes even close to Laine when it comes to drawing attention from media (around the league).

From day 1 he’s been a top tier superstar that draws clicks

& with Montreal media getting someone like that I don’t see how he wouldn’t be the guy. His personality, dry humour and game day looks will draw the crowd

Last edited:

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
There's so many ridiculous rumours floating around about Laine.

There's always been some haters, he rubs some people the wrong way (he was pitted against Matthews from before draft). He's confident (they feel it's cocky) and a pretty laid back personality in interviews (lazy, doesn't care, doesn't want to work). Usually those same people also point to his long stride and claim he's not moving.

Most of it went away when he moved to Columbus, out of sight out of mind, but if he plays to his ability in MTL the hater army will also make a comeback so get ready for that.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
There's always been some haters, he rubs some people the wrong way (he was pitted against Matthews from before draft). He's confident (they feel it's cocky) and a pretty laid back personality in interviews (lazy, doesn't care, doesn't want to work). Usually those same people also point to his long stride and claim he's not moving.

Most of it went away when he moved to Columbus, out of sight out of mind, but if he plays to his ability in MTL the hater army will also make a comeback so get ready for that.
Lol thank you. After all these years, I've learned to tone them out. Kinda like I do with my wife. ;)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
NINTCHDBPICT000058057150-e1541188679993.jpg

Patrik Lain-ehhhhhhhhh

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
It's also hard to judge him on his time in Winnipeg and Columbus in terms of whether he can withstand the Montreal pressure. In Winnipeg he did seem to feed off the energy of the crowd but that locker room doesn't seem like a great atmosphere to be in. In Columbus, they were a pure mess on and off the ice and if you are a player who feeds off of crowd energy like Laine, then Columbus was a bad fit.

I think with proper leadership, a good locker room and a coach who knows how to handle offensive players, Laine is in a great position to bounce back here. There is a lot of pressure and spotlight in Montreal and it's up to the organization to prepare players for it, from all accounts so far, this management team is doing a good job at it.

I may be talking out of my ass as noone can really know, but I can't help but get the sense that the habs locker room is probably one of the most happiest cohesive units in the league, despite the perpetual losing through this rebuild.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

MTL has also loved some "lazy" players like Kovalev so I don't buy the idea that fans will get on him. If he struggles I think most people will simply say well he's a cap dump, but if he gets hot early they will fall in love and I doubt fans will fall out of love all that quickly.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I need to work, but damm, I have Laine in my mind since yesterday.

I never have girl in my mind more than 2 hours, now I have Laine much more than that.
what are your feelings about other boys ? It could explain your second sentence...:dainty:

Or maybe you should try to get relationship with older and more mature woman ...:innocent:👩‍🦳

jhgvhgvhgv.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad