OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
This one is new to me. Story?

I think it's comical how they basically played it off as oh its just emotions and we'll go easy on him - Because of his celeb status as a legend player. Comical.

Then there was an incident that was supposedly between the Canucks in the playoffs where he might've mocked a Sikh fan with a gesture about his turban, some of the vile things I read from Oilers fans on X/Twitter about the South Asian fans of the Canucks was pretty disgusting.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
What was that rumored deal for Guentzel by the Canucks? I think there was some hiccup with a prospect, I wonder if it was Podkolzin, who the Canucks literally just gave away for nothing to the shithead Oilers.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Broken record time, but it's hilarious how the anti-Crosby crowd absolutely refuses to acknowledge how dominant Crosby was in that 41 game season when he got Steckel'd.

"Doesn't count because it's not a full season"
"He never proved he could play at that pace over a full season"

Yes, let's ignore that he just so happened to be at his absolute peak when he got injured, and even watching him that year he was on another level than anyone else in the league. You have to ignore it because it doesn't count. Even though he continued that dominance over parts of 2 more seasons, so around 99 games in total.

So 99 games in a row isn't proof because it wasn't a full season. Gotcha.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Broken record time, but it's hilarious how the anti-Crosby crowd absolutely refuses to acknowledge how dominant Crosby was in that 41 game season when he got Steckel'd.

"Doesn't count because it's not a full season"
"He never proved he could play at that pace over a full season"

Yes, let's ignore that he just so happened to be at his absolute peak when he got injured, and even watching him that year he was on another level than anyone else in the league. You have to ignore it because it doesn't count. Even though he continued that dominance over parts of 2 more seasons, so around 99 games in total.

So 99 games in a row isn't proof because it wasn't a full season. Gotcha.
Sid even came back and put up similar pace again and those dickstains will never admit to it. Sid already showed he was better at offense than McDipshit in an era where scoring was a lot lower and 100pt players were scarce, after having a concussion and neck injuries, he changed his game and became an elite player in a different way, oh and won 2 more cups and a f***ton of more hardware as a leader.

Those McLoser fans can go f*** themselves, that f***wad is never winning a cup, bookmark this shit.

Pete Blackburn is a f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Industry plant dickrider.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Something about Holloway makes me think with the Blues he will be a 20 goal scorer, he has that Rust feel to his game and he's younger than when Rust finally broke out but that speed and sound game at both ends as well as his pedigree to score but not getting those opportunities in that Oilers system is going to make this look worse for the Oilers and it'll be glorious.

Broberg also goes from a shit show defense to a very deep one with better support and coaching for his development. I think Armstrong did a masterful job adding two very solid young players in a team retool/build.

Something Dubas/Sullivan can't figure the f*** out. What's the worst outcome for them? They lost their 2nd-4th rounders next draft? They still have a first which they can move down to get more if they don't like where they pick or still pick in the first round.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Sid even came back and put up similar pace again and those dickstains will never admit to it. Sid already showed he was better at offense than McDipshit in an era where scoring was a lot lower and 100pt players were scarce, after having a concussion and neck injuries, he changed his game and became an elite player in a different way, oh and won 2 more cups and a f***ton of more hardware as a leader.

Those McLoser fans can go f*** themselves, that f***wad is never winning a cup, bookmark this shit.

Pete Blackburn is a f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Industry plant dickrider.
Thinking back now, having the Final play out as it did was downright glorious. Mcbaby not showing up for most of it & then utterly disappearing in Games 6 & 7 proves how devoid he is of actual leadership skills. I don’t care how many points or highlight reels he puts up, he’s useless when it comes to actually getting it done. He’s nowhere near Sid at any level.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Thinking back now, having the Final play out as it did was downright glorious. Mcbaby not showing up for most of it & then utterly disappearing in Games 6 & 7 proves how devoid he is of actual leadership skills. I don’t care how many points or highlight reels he puts up, he’s useless when it comes to actually getting it done. He’s nowhere near Sid at any level.
What made Sid & Geno great was that if Sid was getting heavily covered, it freed up Malkin's line to go to work and vice versa, but for the Oilers, both McDipshit and Draiscoring couldn't do jack shit.

Drai had 3 assists and was -2 in 7 games in the finals.
McDipshit had 11pts in 7 games and was a +5 but put up 0pts in the Game 6 win and Game 7 loss, just went full Ghost mode.

Both Draisaitl and McDavid had 0pts in the Game 7 loss. McDavid just turns into a glorified points machine in the playoffs, any of the gritty hard stuff you need from a leader in those games he basically has Hyman or RNH doing it for him. He will put up a ton of points but will have nothing to show for it for hardware that counts in the playoffs.

Geno in the Finals:
vs Detroit - 2pts in 6 games.
vs Detroit - 8pts in 7 games.
vs SJS - 3pts in 6 games.
vs NSH - 4pts in 6 games.

Sid in the Finals:
vs Detroit - 6pts in 6 games.
vs Detroit - 3pts in 6 games.
vs SJS - 4pts in 6 games.
vs NSH - 7pts in 6 games.

They both take advantage of match-ups when they can in the Finals, meanwhile Edmonton couldn't even do that with their two that this board thinks is better than Sid & Geno.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Didn't he have a really cool one that the NHL decided he couldn't wear because it was "offensive" even though the mask was literally designed by an indigenous artist?
Yeah and he wore it anyway as a f*** you and the league didn't fine him like they said they would.

Thompson’s is pretty cool too

Sounds familiar but can’t remember the deets.
Thompson's pads also look like he wanted to join in on Jan 6th.

So there's also that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad