OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
What I don't like is that no agent, analyst, etc has come out to say stop it this is bs. Two people did die and that is sad but I really hope one of them isn't Johnny Gaudreau.

I don't like this at all.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
They downgraded in so many positions this summer.
I mean I'm not a fan of the additions by the Kings but I don't think they'll regress enough to miss the playoffs. I am not a Kuemper fan but I think he will rebound there and Edmundson is a decent add for a defensive defenseman could be a lot of help. But just Foegele and Jeannot isn't a lot. They must be really hedging their bets on Kaliyev taking a step forward and Turcotte being a contributor.

Personally I'm hoping Byfield has an even bigger season and that Thomas blows up into a top 6 winger. I got my nephew a Byfield jersey this summer, he was super pumped to wear it to the games this season. It's nice for him to see players that look like us as stars in the league again after Iginla.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
For those who are in this thread and are wondering what happened...

Johnny Gaudreau and his brother Matthew were biking last night and were struck by a driver. Both died. Allegedly their sister's wedding is supposed to be today...

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Sean Higgins, the driver, was suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, and police charged him with two counts of death by auto, and is in the Salem County Correctional Facility.

According to New Jersey State Police, Higgins, 43, from Woodstown, New Jersey, was traveling north on a county road in a Jeep Grand Cherokee behind a sedan and SUV.

Higgins attempted to pass the slower-moving sedan and SUV, entered the southbound lanes of travel, passed the slower-moving sedan, and attempted to re-enter the northbound lanes of travel when the SUV in front of Higgins moved to the middle of the roadway, splitting the north and south lanes to safely pass the Gaudreau brothers traveling north on the right side of the roadway.

Higgins then attempted to pass the SUV on the right and struck the two in the rear. As a result of the collision, the brothers sustained fatal injuries.

The stupid f*** that killed both brothers better rot in jail for the rest of his piece of shit life. When the f*** will people learn not to drink and drive? f*** you Sean Higgins.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
For those who are in this thread and are wondering what happened...

Johnny Gaudreau and his brother Matthew were biking last night and were struck by a driver. Both died. Allegedly their sister's wedding is supposed to be today...

I mean this is a tragedy, but to have it so close to a sibling's wedding? The parents have to be absolutely devastating. Just stunning...definitely will be praying for this family.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
Today is my anniversary. I'm sure that at some point on Aug. 30 in each of the next several years, I'll briefly think about Johnny Gaudreau.

Now imagine that you were supposed to get married today and this happened to your two brothers. Obviously, that wedding is going to be postponed, and maybe it'll never occur, but if it does, whatever day that anniversary falls on is going to be like a knife in the heart to his sister and her family.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Today is my anniversary. I'm sure that at some point on Aug. 30 in each of the next several years, I'll briefly think about Johnny Gaudreau.

Now imagine that you were supposed to get married today and this happened to your two brothers. Obviously, that wedding is going to be postponed, and maybe it'll never occur, but if it does, whatever day that anniversary falls on is going to be like a knife in the heart to his sister and her family.
god I didn't know about that part. just awful.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I was actually crying in my office this morning about someone who was killed on his bike yesterday morning (3rd fatal car->cyclist collision in the past 2 weeks around Pittsburgh). Now, reading this, I just feel numb.

1 in 101 persons in the US will be killed by a vehicle collision in their lifetime (yes, this is your actual probability). A friend of mine was killed on his bike by a DWI driver a few years ago. I am so disappointed and angry by how carelessly people drive automobiles.

Put down your drink, put down your phone, and arrive safely to your and everyone else’s destination. Ugggh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad