OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Grier just pulled off a smooth deal. Gave up a Vegas drafted first last year, a Vegas first this next draft that protected, and Chrona a late Tampa pick they got.

Trotz, yikes.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
The assets given up by San Jose were the biggest pieces they received in the Hertl trade, so it was basically they gave up Hertl for Askarov.

Reactions: Ignatius

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I am gonna stick with Grier fleecing Trotz. He gave up a maybe at best 3c with limited skill, a laughable goalie prospect and a late first for a pretty legit goalie that most considered a franchise goalie type of prospect that has performed as such at every level.

Lol. What a shit move, no neck wanker.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The assets given up by San Jose were the biggest pieces they received in the Hertl trade, so it was basically they gave up Hertl for Askarov.
That trade to me was more of Vegas taking advantage of a rookie GM. Grier messed up, but he corrected that quickly with this one. I mean I get why Edstrom would have been fine for him, he has Smith and was hoping for Celebrini, you need an Edstrom behind those two and he would have been fine even in a deal he should have gotten more. That first doesn't even hurt their picks in the first three rounds, they still have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds in addition to their own first.

Sharks went from a joke of a roster to somewhat compelling roster this summer.

Walman, Ceci, Celebrini at the draft, Smith a fulltimer, Toffoli, Askarov, Wennberg, Goodrow, Dellandrea...a good mix of top 6 and top 9 players and some better 2way depth and veteran experience.

I'm sure the next step is moving Blackwood to a team needing a back up, likely headed to Vancouver I'd wager, for a 4th since the canucks have LTIR with Poolman that covers Blackwood's salary.

Grier had so many picks this past draft that he's restocked the pool while having some solid prospects already and then adding some franchise caliber prospects as well. They have more coming soon in Musty, Halttunen, Bystedt, etc. They just need that young Defenseman and they're set and that might be Dickinson.

Reactions: Ignatius

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That trade to me was more of Vegas taking advantage of a rookie GM. Grier messed up, but he corrected that quickly with this one. I mean I get why Edstrom would have been fine for him, he has Smith and was hoping for Celebrini, you need an Edstrom behind those two and he would have been fine even in a deal he should have gotten more. That first doesn't even hurt their picks in the first three rounds, they still have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds in addition to their own first.

Sharks went from a joke of a roster to somewhat compelling roster this summer.

Walman, Ceci, Celebrini at the draft, Smith a fulltimer, Toffoli, Askarov, Wennberg, Goodrow, Dellandrea...a good mix of top 6 and top 9 players and some better 2way depth and veteran experience.

I'm sure the next step is moving Blackwood to a team needing a back up, likely headed to Vancouver I'd wager, for a 4th since the canucks have LTIR with Poolman that covers Blackwood's salary.

Grier had so many picks this past draft that he's restocked the pool while having some solid prospects already and then adding some franchise caliber prospects as well. They have more coming soon in Musty, Halttunen, Bystedt, etc. They just need that young Defenseman and they're set and that might be Dickinson.

San Jose was more concerned about getting out of the Hertl contract than any real value. And they got a decent return for a guy who is insanely injury prone and has a huge amount of term left at 30.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
San Jose was more concerned about getting out of the Hertl contract than any real value. And they got a decent return for a guy who is insanely injury prone and has a huge amount of term left at 30.
Sharks also got a 3rd and a player in that deal, undrafted Nolan Burke (21yrs old) as well so it wasn't just Askarov. I think Grier has done a good job to surround his two studs with veterans and a mix of skill and grit and 2way players that will help their new prized goalie.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
"On September 7, 2022, Aircraft Pictures and Dolphin Entertainment will produce Charles Officer‘s remake of Youngblood with Photon Films handling distribution, and filming set to start in Canada in 2023."

Some films should not be remade. They are perfect in their own way, Youngblood is one of them.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
"On September 7, 2022, Aircraft Pictures and Dolphin Entertainment will produce Charles Officer‘s remake of Youngblood with Photon Films handling distribution, and filming set to start in Canada in 2023."

Some films should not be remade. They are perfect in their own way, Youngblood is one of them.

Yea I don't know if there is any way to remake this movie without it being bad.

For instance, I thought the 90's The Crow was very underrated. I saw they were doing a remake and thought it might have some potential. But the trailer looks flat out terrible...

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yea I don't know if there is any way to remake this movie without it being bad.

For instance, I thought the 90's The Crow was very underrated. I saw they were doing a remake and thought it might have some potential. But the trailer looks flat out terrible...
Most remakes suck. It takes a very, very special blend of luck to not ruin an already quality product.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I was looking at previous GM's in the league the last 10yrs or so and Chayka from the Coyotes stuck out to me for some reason (I guess since we have the other young GM hired after Chayka). John Chayka was supposed to be this Analytics wizard which I always felt didn't add up, considering his sister was the genius and he seemed like the face in a league that was not ready for Women in those roles yet, then Chayka didn't really do shit all, just leveraged the LTIR for picks and prospects and ran the team like a broker for deals at the deadline to take on cap. In the 4yrs he was the GM, they made the playoffs once and that was only because of the Qualifying play-in round where they beat the Preds and then were dunked on in the 1st round by the Avs and by then Chayka was suspended anyway. But since then, he basically just runs Wendy's franchises. I recall some rumor he was potentially trying to leave for another NHL job or Baseball and he ended up nowhere the last 4yrs. Chayka didn't even pull off some insane deals, that Taylor Hall trade was just awful, Devils selected Dawson Mercer with that 1st and Hall walked as a Free Agent after that season.

It's funny, he was supposed to be this whiz with Analytics and even now no team has hired him in any capacity.

I'm shocked Lukan is just a Broadcaster for the Kraken given her background she should be someone teams should be looking at as an Assistant Manager, same for Megan Chayka. But Megan's brother? Lol, weird he went from Assistant GM in 2015, to GM at 26 and then done by 30.

It's still ridiculous that for holding a workout the Coyotes had to forfeit a 2nd in 2020 and a first in 2021. But hiding a Sexual Assault and Pedophile's crimes and allowing him to go and commit more Assaults was just a measly 2m fine to a Billionaire owner.

Most remakes suck. It takes a very, very special blend of luck to not ruin an already quality product.
How are they going to do the Miss McGill shit? Like that story doesn't fly today. Some middle aged woman sleeping with teenagers? That movie was, as the lads say "out of pocket" with the story to begin with. Who the f*** is making it? National Lampoon? Then the hazing and bullying, lol that movie would be a nightmare to adapt now knowing most of that behavior was toxic as shit and wrong, it was funny then because well, those were the "times" as they say, but today we know better and multiple players have stated that sort of stuff was traumatizing for them, so to ridicule it and then the whole sexual predator thing, you take that out and what is it? Just some farm wanker trying to make it to some whack ass Canadian team in Juniors. Keeso already pokes fun at the Hockey Culture bit in his shows.

You can't make that vulgar American Pie shit anymore, especially with the increase in teachers sexually assaulting minors, it's a really awful look. That movie should be kept in the era it was made and never remade, both American Pie and Youngblood.

Also Youngblood remake is race swapped, which personally I am not a fan of because I know the tropes they'll try to hit and while I would love to see that addressed, not as a remake of that.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I was looking at previous GM's in the league the last 10yrs or so and Chayka from the Coyotes stuck out to me for some reason (I guess since we have the other young GM hired after Chayka). John Chayka was supposed to be this Analytics wizard which I always felt didn't add up, considering his sister was the genius and he seemed like the face in a league that was not ready for Women in those roles yet, then Chayka didn't really do shit all, just leveraged the LTIR for picks and prospects and ran the team like a broker for deals at the deadline to take on cap. In the 4yrs he was the GM, they made the playoffs once and that was only because of the Qualifying play-in round where they beat the Preds and then were dunked on in the 1st round by the Avs and by then Chayka was suspended anyway. But since then, he basically just runs Wendy's franchises. I recall some rumor he was potentially trying to leave for another NHL job or Baseball and he ended up nowhere the last 4yrs. Chayka didn't even pull off some insane deals, that Taylor Hall trade was just awful, Devils selected Dawson Mercer with that 1st and Hall walked as a Free Agent after that season.

It's funny, he was supposed to be this whiz with Analytics and even now no team has hired him in any capacity.

I'm shocked Lukan is just a Broadcaster for the Kraken given her background she should be someone teams should be looking at as an Assistant Manager, same for Megan Chayka. But Megan's brother? Lol, weird he went from Assistant GM in 2015, to GM at 26 and then done by 30.

It's still ridiculous that for holding a workout the Coyotes had to forfeit a 2nd in 2020 and a first in 2021. But hiding a Sexual Assault and Pedophile's crimes and allowing him to go and commit more Assaults was just a measly 2m fine to a Billionaire owner.

How are they going to do the Miss McGill shit? Like that story doesn't fly today. Some middle aged woman sleeping with teenagers? That movie was, as the lads say "out of pocket" with the story to begin with. Who the f*** is making it? National Lampoon? Then the hazing and bullying, lol that movie would be a nightmare to adapt now knowing most of that behavior was toxic as shit and wrong, it was funny then because well, those were the "times" as they say, but today we know better and multiple players have stated that sort of stuff was traumatizing for them, so to ridicule it and then the whole sexual predator thing, you take that out and what is it? Just some farm wanker trying to make it to some whack ass Canadian team in Juniors. Keeso already pokes fun at the Hockey Culture bit in his shows.

You can't make that vulgar American Pie shit anymore, especially with the increase in teachers sexually assaulting minors, it's a really awful look. That movie should be kept in the era it was made and never remade, both American Pie and Youngblood.

Also Youngblood remake is race swapped, which personally I am not a fan of because I know the tropes they'll try to hit and while I would love to see that addressed, not as a remake of that.
I want them to make a Porky's remake.

"Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad