Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I believe in order to be cap compliant, they will have a 22-man roster with Beecher in Providence as a paper transaction.

View attachment 913219
Thanks for posting. Regula is still listed as injured, according to PP. So, technically, he's in the same spot as Poitras. PP says he's anticipated go to go tomorrow, so I assume they'll waive him then.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm not. He was average in pre-season and he's unproven in the NHL. What team is claiming him and keeping him on the roster all season long?

I need some clarity on this, as I've understood it as you say in Bussi's case. However, we just saw Patera get waived and reclaimed by Vancouver. Clearly Boston did not have to keep him on the roster all season long.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
I don't know where that confidence comes from. Not saying it's you, but I've seen folks talk about this untapped offensive potential from Jones and I don't see it. He's very toolsy, I like his speed, his shot and his physical play, but he's Dan Paille, at best. He's got 31 goals in 258 NHL games and has never scored more than 9 in a season.
I don't see it, either.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Tufte I am surprised by. He’s big, only average speed and has hands of stone. Must have liked what they saw in practice

Reactions: Number6

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I personally think Geekie can score. He has a nice one timer. I believe 15-20 g is realistic. Would be cool to see him explode for 25g
Geekie was a very good addition to the Bruins roster. He should help this year.

Reactions: Kegs

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I counted 5 top 6 forwards.
Sure, if you count Coyle and Zacha. And some even count Geekie (Morgan, not Conor). Sure, they’re passable, but would be better if we had more high-end top-line talent so that they could both be on the 3rd-line where they belong, as we spent all of last year saying. But there is a reality cap and we don’t have them.

Anyway, in Behind the B Don said that the playoff roster is not necessarily set in October, that there was no point getting a body in free agency just to get a body, and if they identify a need during the season they’ll address it. But with what cap space I have no idea.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Geekie was a very good addition to the Bruins roster. He should help this year.
Sure, but he’s just another jag and we have tons of those. But at least our jags are big this year lol. And we do have a top-line centre this year at least. And there is a salary cap and reality says you can’t have 6 Pastas in the top-6 (or even four, as in TO) so it is what it is.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Sure, but he’s just another jag and we have tons of those. But at least our jags are big this year lol. And we do have a top-line centre this year at least. And there is a salary cap and reality says you can’t have 6 Pastas in the top-6 (or even four, as in TO) so it is what it is.

What if he is a big jag that gets to the puck first and can make a play with it? I love how Sweeney identifies needs and addresses them. I think this team has a better bottom six this year and a bigger meaner defence. The defence doesn’t have any small players. Even the depth is big. When injuries happen they have plenty of options.

Sure, if you count Coyle and Zacha.

You don’t think these guys are second line players?

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
What if he is a big jag that gets to the puck first and can make a play with it? I love how Sweeney identifies needs and addresses them. I think this team has a better bottom six this year and a bigger meaner defence. The defence doesn’t have any small players. Even the depth is big. When injuries happen they have plenty of options.

You don’t think these guys are second line players?
Are you Brad Marchand that you love the way he plays? Do you think Morgan Geekie is a top-six winger? Yes, I think the bottom-six is better, and yes I think the defence is better, and bigger and meaner, and yes Geekie can get the puck, but whether he can do anything with it, like score, is another matter.

Yes, we need guys who play the right way, who can win battles and who can get the puck and keep the puck, and yes Sweeney has done a good job getting those kinds of guys. But that’s primarily who we do have. And always have. But you also need guys who can score. We have one of those. Maybe 2. Maybe 2.5. We’ll see.

In any case, many of us spent all of last year saying that we have 1 1/2 top-six players. My post was a reference to that: that now we’ve increased from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 with the, much needed, addition of Lindholm. All that said I am indeed optimistic about this year. Go Bruins!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad