Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
So whats the plan with Swayman? He goes Sat vs LAK and Korpisalo plays the first two? Can't imagine we can recall Bussi on an emergency basis for opening night?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So whats the plan with Swayman? He goes Sat vs LAK and Korpisalo plays the first two? Can't imagine we can recall Bussi on an emergency basis for opening night?
Montgomery said there's a possibility Swayman can start tomorrow's game.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Surprised about Johnson. They could really use another ~15 goals.
I’m not, while a decent player the more cap space they can save, the better options at the deadline.

It’s also possible they still sign him but my guess they probably see how Geekie/Potrias/Brazeau do first.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I believe in order to be cap compliant, they will have a 22-man roster with Beecher in Providence as a paper transaction.

Bruins Cap.PNG

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I’m not, while a decent player the more cap space they can save, the better options at the deadline.

It’s also possible they still sign him but my guess they probably see how Geekie/Potrias/Brazeau do first.
I don't know how much money they save. They're not going to go with 12 forwards. Somebody will be the spare/13th guy and take up that spot at around $1m.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
They're convinced it'll come from Jones.
I don't know where that confidence comes from. Not saying it's you, but I've seen folks talk about this untapped offensive potential from Jones and I don't see it. He's very toolsy, I like his speed, his shot and his physical play, but he's Dan Paille, at best. He's got 31 goals in 258 NHL games and has never scored more than 9 in a season.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I believe in order to be cap compliant, they will have a 22-man roster with Beecher in Providence as a paper transaction.

View attachment 913219
If they want to play Beech and he's paper up and down, someone else gets moved down on paper so the roster is cap compliant, right? So someone is getting exposed to waivers based on this roster if that happens?

I don't know where that confidence comes from. Not saying it's you, but I've seen folks talk about this untapped offensive potential from Jones and I don't see it. He's very toolsy, I like his speed, his shot and his physical play, but he's Dan Paille, at best. He's got 31 goals in 258 NHL games and has never scored more than 9 in a season.

You see glimpses of it with him, which makes you think it's in there to be tapped into. Maybe it's the blind squirrel finding the occasional nut, though. I also think there might have been more earlier if he had been able to stay healthy (but then Anaheim would probably have re-signed him).

Reactions: PlayMakers

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Why not just send Mitchell to Providence? Are they really concerned about a claim?
It's too late. They needed to waive him yesterday and for some reason they didn't.

That said, Evan Gold probably has a way of being compliant that I am not seeing. I can only see sending Beecher or Lohrei down with the available bodies to do so.

If I'm wrong, I will be the first to admit it.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If they want to play Beech and he's paper up and down, someone else gets moved down on paper so the roster is cap compliant, right? So someone is getting exposed to waivers based on this roster if that happens?
Would have to be Lohrei then. Poitras can't because he's injured. For them to clear anyone else off the roster by 5 PM today, they would have had to put them on waivers yesterday.

By my math, with Beecher they are $331,000 over the cap so there needs to be a move. Unless someone is going on LTIR.

Reactions: Dr Hook

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Stone hands

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Would have to be Lohrei then. Poitras can't because he's injured. For them to clear anyone else off the roster by 5 PM today, they would have had to put them on waivers yesterday.

By my math, with Beecher they are $331,000 over the cap so there needs to be a move. Unless someone is going on LTIR.

I will be curious to see if Gold and co. have something up their sleeve, but if not, this is not great. Looks like the Sway/Gross holdout will keep on giving this season :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad