Hooksett, NH
Hockeydb has the trade listed as March. :laugh:

1000007489.jpg

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Okay, for the sake of what's left of my sanity I'm going to chill and realize that it is what it is and see how the next few weeks go. I've taken some shots at Sweeney, rightfully or wrongfully so. Going to reserve full judgement until
this all plays out.
good idea, I'm gonna join you. Don't bet the farm on this getting better though, ok?

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
All valid.

Everyone, myself included, got imaginative with the rumors and came to expect some kind of massive haul. The truth is, Sweeney got some cap relief, a first rounder (which is now somehow shit even though a third rounder for Peeke was unconscionable lol), and a bottom 6 player who is big, physical and a decent skater.

It was underwhelming to see in part because the expectations got unrealistically ginned up.
The lack of an extension is really what killed it for everybody- all the rumors were contingent on an extension, so all those great returns were with that in mind.

Well shit- turns out Linus doesn’t want to commit long term to Ottawa before experiencing what it’s like. Can’t say I blame him lol

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They only care about the bottom line. If that changes, Jacobs picks up the phone.
Otherwise, as long as the bucks keep rolling in, he's fine with the product.
As always, a garbage take. They make more money when they win more playoff games. Exponentially. None of this is because they’re cheap.

Reactions: goldenblack

RedSlider

Mar 3, 2016
My issue with the deal is almost entirely taking on Korpisalo for no additional compensation. Just bailing out a division rival for no reason.

Oh well, we'll see what they turn 25th into. Hoping they trade it for a forward.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You said he wasn’t a number one because Swayman is here, but he is a top goalie in the NHL and a starter for a majority of NHL teams. The comparison of you NOT calling him a starter is similar to calling Draisaitl NOT a 1st line C because he isn’t in fact starting the first line; just like how Ullmark isn’t starting in net a majority of the games.

My contention was with you calling him NOT a #1 because there was already one in Boston. Same goes in Edmonton.

Both aren’t the case and Ullmark is a #1 goalie in the NHL.

Meh, last time for me checking in as well. Gotta remember this management team gives away the quarters in the trades for dimes and doesn’t bring in the top end talent.

We’re actually trying to get excited about the Bruins overpaying for the Canucks 3rd line C these last playoffs.

Rough years ahead.
I literally said “he’s not a backup in terms of playing ability (IN OTHER WORDS A #1 GOALIE IN TERMS OF TALENT)” but he’d be a backup here with Swayman making 7+ mill. Sorry if it chaps your ass but that’s a fact! Why pay elite #1 goalie price for a guy to have a 1A/1B situation?

The Draisatl/McDavid comparison is silly because Ullmark would play 35 games tops and if he didn’t then extending Swayman for huge money would be stupid! He would be a literal backup goalie playing in less than half the teams games. He would have ~0~ impact in the majority of their games. Thats honestly not fair to him now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dangermike

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Staios front office meeting

Staios “ so the bruins called. Ullmark is on the table. He’ll waive to come here, but not looking like we can get a long term extension signed at this time. We can work on it once he’s here, or flip him at the deadline if we can’t figure something out. Worst case he helps us make the playoffs this year and then walks.

Problem is we really need to move Korpisalo. He’s an anchor, we may need to buy him out. Do me a favor and call around to other teams and find out if anyone will take him for a first. Meanwhile I’ll try to figure out what the cost is to acquire Ullmark.”

Staios “ Hey Don, we are definitely interested in exploring what it would cost to get Ullmark here. On our end we need to make room and want to move Korpisalo and a 1st round pi——“

Don “Yea sure that return works for us”

Staios “……you want Korpisalo and a 1st….for Ullmark? It’s the 25th pick to clarify”

Don “ yea unless you think that’s too much of an ask?”

Staios “…. Well uh no actually it’s a tough call for us but since I’m new and trying to set up some good relationships with my fellow GMs, tell you what, I’ll retain 25% and throw in a guy you’ve never heard of too”

Don “wow Steve you really didn’t have to do that. Thanks and I’ll remember this. Faxing over the paperwork now”

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
According to CapFriendly, they're at $21.6 million in cap space at the moment.

Let's say Swayman gets $7.5 million/year.

Now you're at $14.1 million.

I think they need two top six forwards, and probably another defenseman who can move the puck and possibly run the power play.

For $14.1 million, I think they can reasonably fill one of those holes. After that, they're probably scrambling and taking risks on guys they hope will work out.
1719292205968.png

Reactions: The don godfather

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
According to CapFriendly, they're at $21.6 million in cap space at the moment.

Let's say Swayman gets $7.5 million/year.

Now you're at $14.1 million.

I think they need two top six forwards, and probably another defenseman who can move the puck and possibly run the power play.

For $14.1 million, I think they can reasonably fill one of those holes. After that, they're probably scrambling and taking risks on guys they hope will work out.
Your right and they should still be able to do what you say but it's probably 8.5 for Sway. .

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
There was some sort of insider rumour on the Senators board that our new goalie coach discovered that Korpisalo had issues with his helmet being fitted improperly, and either because of that or because of nature he couldn't see very well.

I don't know what I expect you guys to do with this information. I'm not here to mess with you. I just figure that you should probably know this.

Keep in mind, a lot stuff posted on the internet is fake, and then even some irresponsible posters even go on to post satirical insider takes meant to parody the fake insider takes without appropriately marking it as a parody. Which is incredibly irresponsible and only further goes to perpetuate these fake insider rumors. So I don't know if the Korpisalo can't see thing is real, or is some reference to John Cena or another internet meme.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
There was some sort of insider rumour on the Senators board that our new goalie coach discovered that Korpisalo had issues with his helmet being fitted improperly, and either because of that or because of nature he couldn't see very well.

I don't know what I expect you guys to do with this information. I'm not here to mess with you. I just figure that you should probably know this.

Just to make sure I’m understanding this right, Korpisalo, professional goalie who has played goalie all his life, was wearing a helmet that was negatively impacting his vision and he didn’t know about it until the new goalie coach pointed it out?

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Which means renting a Vezina caliber goaltender for a year with a chance to possibly re-sign him costs a cap dump of a much worse goaltender that no one wanted who’s locked up for multiple years , a late first in an iffy draft, and a JAG?

That does not compute

Absolutely zero risk move by Ottawa. In fact even if Ullmark doesn’t want to re-sign they flip him for a better return than they gave up at the deadline, or worst case they paid a very late first to dump a 4 year anchor
An interesting point…now that Linus has been traded, does he still have some sort of no trade clause or is that officially waived?

If he still has the clause, his family won’t want to move again at the deadline and the Sens will miss that opportunity, like we did.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
An interesting point…now that Linus has been traded, does he still have some sort of no trade clause or is that officially waived?

If he still has the clause, his family won’t want to move again at the deadline and the Sens will miss that opportunity, like we did.

If they aren’t planning to stay in Ottawa long term, they’ll know that well before the trade deadline I imagine. Even now I’m sure he’s not putting down permanent roots in Ottawa just yet.

Not sure the double move would be that big of a deal if they haven’t been planning on staying in Ottawa for most of the season at that point.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Keep in mind, a lot stuff posted on the internet is fake, and then even some irresponsible posters even go on to post satirical insider takes meant to parody the fake insider takes without appropriately marking it as a parody. Which is incredibly irresponsible and only further goes to perpetuate these fake insider rumors. So I don't know if the Korpisalo can't see thing is real, or is some reference to John Cena or another internet meme.
If true that makes me think he’s really stupid and perhaps we can’t rehab him

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
As always, a garbage take. They make more money when they win more playoff games. Exponentially. None of this is because they’re cheap.
Where is he wrong? Who said that they're cheap? I think he was referring to the owners caring about the fans.
A fan on this board said that they went to a Bruins home game and management piped loud music, between periods, into the stand area so people will head up to the confectionary level. Do you know if that is true?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Just to make sure I’m understanding this right, Korpisalo, professional goalie who has played goalie all his life, was wearing a helmet that was negatively impacting his vision and he didn’t know about it until the new goalie coach pointed it out?

That's how I remember reading it. The Senators trade thread moves way too fast for me to find the original post.

I honestly don't know if I am trying to give you guys hope, or if I just want to pass along a funny anecdote that I think you guys would enjoy. I mean, it's probably a fake rumour, but if you watch him handle low danger scoring shots from out far, it sort of makes sense that he would be partially blind.

Almost like when you drive with an elderly person and after fearing for your life find out that they actually don't have a license anymore. It all clicks at that moment.

Not hard enough to make the playoffs though

He was on the Senators, I am pretty sure that half of our team doesn't even realize that the league has playoffs.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
The Hurricanes still need a goalie and so do the Flyers.
What is the cost for Necas?
1st round pick (25), Korpisalo retained and another piece? Lysell?
Pasta and Zacha love playing with Necas. Zacha was brought in for partially that reason I believe. Necas such a perfect fit, zone entry monster.

Allegedly Torts likes Korpi as well. Laughton, Farabee?

Nobody wants Korpisalo for 50% retained? Is Donny keeping him or moving him? Maybe they do not think Bussi is ready? The Bruins picked up over a $1M in cap space in this deal. Do they trade the 1st round pick?

Trying to make sense of this in the context of additional moves?

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad