Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think Ullmark used his NTC to make his trade harder than Markstrom.

I also think they had a deal that included Chychrun but it was for a signed Ullmark and when he chose not to sign the original deal fell apart. Sweeney still wanted that 1st round pick so we ended up with the deal we got.

Imagine if Sweeney still made the trade because he didn’t want to ruin he newly scheduled draft night party

Reactions: Gordoff

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Brutal trade for the Bruins. Where is Chychrun, where is Pinto, where are the other draft picks? Wow. Markstrom brought more back -a first-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft ( stronger draft) and defenseman Kevin Bahl ( 2nd rd pick).
Pretty bad return for a Vezina Trophy goalie.
Korpisalo 4 years at 3 million who the Senators where going to buy out and a fourth line plug who likely will be waived. And we know how the Bruins like to draft. Not impressed at all.
You lost Bertuzzi, Orlov and Hathaway last year. You are going to loss DeBrusk for nothing.
Typical Bruin asset management.

And there are still people defending this move .... 🤣

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Its moves like this that will keep the bruins from winning the cup. Terrible asset management from Ullmark, Hall, the first given up for rentals, the firsts given up to move contracts out. Taking on contracts like korpisalo and Peeke. Signing third pairing jags like forbort, Reilly and Moore to way more than they should.

It’s time to move on from Sweeney. Don’t wait until he misses the playoffs. We are going to waste Pastrnaks prime on early playoff exits under Sweeney.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The whole Ullmark thing "Ottawa or bust" is nonsense if he isn't signing an extension. If he is betting on himself New Jersey or Colordao or LA would have been so much better for him to showcase his talents. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't go to these places but hey, lets go to the team picking 7ov, they are cup contenders, I should be able to maximize my future earnings there. Just more pro management spin garbage. Wouldn't be shocked to see an extension soon, to make this return look even worse

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
... What we got was moving our best goaltender since Rask to a division rival for a playoff spot next season for 2 million in cap room, a boat anchor, and a 4th liner. Keeping Linus until the TDL and trying again OR at worst as an own rental next year would have pushed of the fans less and guaranteed a better record.

As of right now it's Boston a better team after this trade than before? No they are not.
Is Ottawa? Yes they are.
Best goaltender since Rask is swayman and how do you leave out the 1st round pick as part of the return?

Korpisalo is the head scratcher but as a backup or to flip him with a little $ retained it's not worth getting worked up over.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
And there are still people defending this move .... 🤣
1719309834162.png

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
... and a 1st round pick.

Korpisalo is the head scratcher but as a backup or to flip him with a little $ retained it's not worth getting worked up over.
It's the taking people's trash for free that is the issue, when we have seen other teams milk Boston to move their very own trash. If that was the stipulation of the deal, you move on.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Again, the 1st and Kastelic premise was fine. Taking on Korpisalo without any sweetner was just gross malfeasance and lazy. You could have played it tougher with Linus and wait him out. He is a very good goalie so even if you keep him you're better off

I like most of your lineup, I don't like Lysell there, Zadorov and Heinen as a 13 at one mil is fine. Get me a guy like Sprong instead of Lysell and a cheaper LD and I think they are set

Yeah I mean you did call Ottawa on it and things change as the deal materializes.
I just don't wanna see anyone shiting on Linus for not signing an extension.

It is his right.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Korpi is a 3 M backup right now

I’d assume he will be the veteran NHL goalie they would have gone out and got

I’d assume if everyone’s healthy and Bussi is good in camp he’s out on waivers for the purpose of going to AHL where I believe they save 1 or 1.2 M against cap

I’d assume he won’t suck behind the Bruins D and system - as well as working with their staff: Bob & Mike Dunham

They could retain 25% and whoever is interested he’s 2 M

However, they needed a veteran NHL goalie in system and they got one

I was hoping Forsberg because anyone understands Ottawa roster knew they had to get a goalie going back

When they signed Ullmark 4/20 M July 1 2021 Sweeney should be fired all over threads anyone can go read

The other side of coin

1. Love getting 25OA …..I follow hockey for fun and I’m going to go get my iced coffee in 5 minutes and start focusing when I get back on multi draft guides (Red Line, The Greeks, what @LouJersey sends me lol - and the voluminous stuff by Pronman & Wheeler in Athletic, & HN Draft Guide & McKenzie tonight) I’ll become an amateur expert in 20-40 assuming they don’t go Bergeron or Lohrei on me I’ve never heard of

2. Kastelic - I watched his dad play many games live so I knew within 5 minutes first time I saw him who he was

I took a pretty good deep dine on him last night - very surprised he’s such a high end FO guy over last 3 seasons

He’s a right shot who can play RW and C
I watched all his fights - clearly has balls he fights the toughest and he holds own and wins - he hits

I’d assume (there’s that word again) he’s 4th line RW and probably???? Bad news for Maroon - Kastelic is 10 + years younger

Hopefully doesn’t cut out Boqvist shouldn’t

Kastelic is 6’4, right shot, strong on FO, will drop them a lot - and cheap

I get the add upon future deep review

3. Korpisalo - thankfully they got 25% retained - 4 M is a nightmare, 3 M is a restless night of sleep

If he’s their insurance policy in AHL he could get claimed and we all cried for nothing or for a season he’s a 2 M cap hit for insurance

I don’t think a 3 M backup G who has played well coming from a shit show that got everyone fired is the reason the Big Bad Bruins should blow up the organization and won’t make the playoffs

To Sunmarize

I’m very very very happy they have a freaking pick

I’m very good with Kastelic as a 4L RW/C

Korpi at 3 M is not Jack Campbell contract or more important counted on as anything more then reclamation project and insurance

Chill folks

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's the taking people's trash for free that is the issue, when we have seen other teams milk Boston to move their very own trash. If that was the stipulation of the deal, you move on.
I guess I don't care about "winning trades" as its own sport, as much as I do about building the team.

Like the Peeke deal, they needed his crease clearing game on the roster so they spent to get him.

They needed to deal Ullmark - to clear space and because he's got maybe 40 more games in him for Boston. They turned those 40ish games into a 1st rounder and a youngish physical center who's great on faceoffs (another team need). Maybe a veteran backup too.

But I get that nothing can compete with imaginationland (remember when it was Konecny coming back?) and it pisses people off when reality doesn't line up with their imagined hopes.

Korpi is a 3 M backup right now

I’d assume he will be the veteran NHL goalie they would have gone out and got

I’d assume if everyone’s healthy and Bussi is good in camp he’s out on waivers for the purpose of going to AHL where I believe they save 1 or 1.2 M against cap

I’d assume he won’t suck behind the Bruins D and system - as well as working with their staff: Bob & Mike Dunham

They could retain 25% and whoever is interested he’s 2 M

However, they needed a veteran NHL goalie in system and they got one

I was hoping Forsberg because anyone understands Ottawa roster knew they had to get a goalie going back

When they signed Ullmark 4/20 M July 1 2021 Sweeney should be fired all over threads anyone can go read

The other side of coin

1. Love getting 25OA …..I follow hockey for fun and I’m going to go get my iced coffee in 5 minutes and start focusing when I get back on multi draft guides (Red Line, The Greeks, what @LouJersey sends me lol - and the voluminous stuff by Pronman & Wheeler in Athletic, & HN Draft Guide & McKenzie tonight) I’ll become an amateur expert in 20-40 assuming they don’t go Bergeron or Lohrei on me I’ve never heard of

2. Kastelic - I watched his dad play many games live so I knew within 5 minutes first time I saw him who he was

I took a pretty good deep dine on him last night - very surprised he’s such a high end FO guy over last 3 seasons

He’s a right shot who can play RW and C
I watched all his fights - clearly has balls he fights the toughest and he holds own and wins - he hits

I’d assume (there’s that word again) he’s 4th line RW and probably???? Bad news for Maroon - Kastelic is 10 + years younger

Hopefully doesn’t cut out Boqvist shouldn’t

Kastelic is 6’4, right shot, strong on FO, will drop them a lot - and cheap

I get the add upon future deep review

3. Korpisalo - thankfully they got 25% retained - 4 M is a nightmare, 3 M is a restless night of sleep

If he’s their insurance policy in AHL he could get claimed and we all cried for nothing or for a season he’s a 2 M cap hit for insurance

I don’t think a 3 M backup G who has played well coming from a shit show that got everyone fired is the reason the Big Bad Bruins should blow up the organization and won’t make the playoffs

To Sunmarize

I’m very very very happy they have a freaking pick

I’m very good with Kastelic as a 4L RW/C

Korpi at 3 M is not Jack Campbell contract or more important counted on as anything more then reclamation project and insurance

Chill folks
Yup

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

%100

Korpisalo alone would have cost them a first to dump. It’s hard to dump goalie contracts as there’s only 62 other spots in the league for goaltending so no one wants to take the hot potato.

If people can’t understand why many here are pissed at this deal, it’s because we took on a crap backup with term, saved ONLY 2m, and now have to figure out what to do with Bussi ALL for the whopping return of a late first.

Unless Sweeney has a secondary move ready to dump Korpisalo…. unlikely…. then I’ll re-evaluate my feelings on this trade. Until that time….. this trade blows.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I guess I don't care about "winning trades" as its own sport, as much as I do about building the team.

Like the Peeke deal, they needed his crease clearing game on the roster so they spent to get him.

They needed to deal Ullmark - to clear space and because he's got maybe 40 more games in him for Boston. They turned those 40ish games into a 1st rounder and a youngish physical center who's great on faceoffs (another team need). Maybe a veteran backup too.

But I get that nothing can compete with imaginationland (remember when it was Konecny coming back?) and it pisses people off when reality doesn't line up with their imagined hopes.

Yup

The only imaginationland is thinking this is a good deal.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
They probably really wanted to get a pick in this year. If they wait for an injury we're talking a '25 pick at the earliest.

It could go the other way too. Maybe there isn't a market for goalies next season. There wasn't a market for goalies last summer.
I may have this wrong however some here were hoping a signed Ullmark to bump up return. I get the idea however why would the Sens, Ullmark, Ullmark s agent do Boston any favours ... especially to help improve a team they're in direct competition...I'm sure there is an extension in place that will be completed in due time. The bruins did well to get a first back. A Corpse buy out is always possible to help with the cap space concern.

For me, what the heck will the bruins do with Bussi should Corpse stick around? Would an improved Corpose have any trade value?

tremha77

Jul 16, 2022
My issue with the deal is almost entirely taking on Korpisalo for no additional compensation. Just bailing out a division rival for no reason.

Oh well, we'll see what they turn 25th into. Hoping they trade it for a forward.
The Bruins system has a way of making goalie stats better. if they can get him back to his pre OTT days he becomes an asset.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
A Corpse buy out is always possible to help with the cap space concern.

For me, what the heck will the bruins do with Bussi should Corpse stick around? Would an improved Corpose have any trade value?

I’m not sure if spellcheck did you dirty but this is hysterical on a multitude of levels. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Blowfish

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If the plan is to buy out korpisalo they should have gotten more picks or a prospect.

If the plan is to trade him this makes a little more sense.

If the plan is to play him this makes sense but only to Don.

If the plan is to send him to the AHL that’s a firable offense to me.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Disappointing.

When I had heard yesterday that Linus wasn't willing to sign an extension with Ottawa, my immediate thought was okay, move on to plan B.

I didn't think this was plan B. I thought there were other options out there, not that I knew that as fact, I just assumed.

Obviously, it would have been better for the Bruins had Linus been willing to sign. But it was his right and he earned it.

I just don't think the Bruins should have accepted this offer. I'm fine with the 25th pick and Kastelic for what he is.

Even if Linus had signed, the Bruins would have had to take back $4 million in salary to make it work for Ottawa. But I just don't understand Korpi. Not at all. I just have to assume they have a plan.
Really hope it was phase 1 of a multiphase trade plan.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
After all the shit I've been giving Sweeney lately, after the trade rumors about what his biggest value piece could bring back, I was ready to let him make it up to him and celebrate him and then... wooff... As in can anyone defend this trade? If that's the best you're offered, then wait. If you're only offered shit, then it's better to keep Ullmark. Ottawa, a divisional rival, was desperate to get rid of this Korpisalo contract which was stupid right it in the moment it was signed. How can I make it so easy for them to dump their shit on the Bruins? Of course it is quite possible that Korpisalo will find his way back to his old strength because Bob Essensa is the unsung hero of the coaching stuff. Chad Johnson, Svedberg, Khudobin, Ullmark every goalkeeper was strong because Bob is a master of his craft but that never justifies this trade. Or do any of you pay a dream price for a total loss because you could rebuild it into a great sports car? The only explanation I have is that Sweeney has his eye on a specific player in the draft and therefore really wanted the first rounder, there is no other rational explanation for this. What a terrible start to the offseason. I no longer have any expectations. He will piss away the cap space. I wouldn't be surprised if he gives Sprong a 4x4 contract because he doesn't want to pay Jake the 6-7 million. Sweeney is on this level of stupid. Sweeney got fleeced by a rookie gm. It wouldn't surprise if Ottawa trades Linus for something much better on the trade deadline if they are not able to sign him to an new contract. For me, the trade was the final nail in the coffin for the Don Sweeney Era. Fire him before he screws up any more!

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If the plan is to buy out korpisalo they should have gotten more picks or a prospect.

If the plan is to trade him this makes a little more sense.

If the plan is to play him this makes sense but only to Don.

If the plan is to send him to the AHL that’s a firable offense to me.
Maybe he intends to try and trade korpisalo at the draft and eat 500k? 500k over four years is ok IMO as long as he nets you positive in a trade.

I wonder if he’d have value at 2.5x4? No trade protection at least 🙃

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
If this was Forsberg and not Korpisalo without an extension from Ullmark I think we all would have been fine with that deal. Again I didn’t think they were getting a first for Ullmark to start. To me I got to think there is another shoe to drop with Korpisalo. I think there is another deal here. Might be Boston retaining $1 million to bring him down to $2 million for his new team which Korpisalo at 4/8 could appeal to a few teams.

By the way Dom great job nailing Ottawa and Ullmark waiving. You I believe said this was fluid and changing at times so you kinda prepared us in way for this so I’m going to trust the process and wait a few weeks and see where this roster is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad