Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
It'll be interesting how they handle Bussi this year...not waiver eligible ..so I have to think he starts the year in the AHL and stays there until Goalie Bob makes Korpse look lifelike as a backup in the NHL and they trade him mid year then Bussi comes up and stays up

Reactions: Gordoff

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Friedman saying Ullmark won't sign an extension in Ottawa and will see how it goes.
so trade him somewhere he will sign an extension, and get more return. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb move.
Rather than moving forward, treading water or more likely sinking since you lost the best player in the trade.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think Ullmark used his NTC to make his trade harder than Markstrom.

I also think they had a deal that included Chychrun but it was for a signed Ullmark and when he chose not to sign the original deal fell apart. Sweeney still wanted that 1st round pick so we ended up with the deal we got.
Sweeney just did not want the embarrassment of sitting at the draft table for 3rounds bare ass. He would rather get a pick and be embarrassed later with who he picked.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I’ll take a 3 M backup coming from a shit show who behind Bruins D is .915+ SV % as long as it gets me 25 OA

Korpisalo was always an average at best goaltender in this league. Right now you have him for 4 years at 3 million per season. Every year there is a potential backup goalie available in free agency that signs for way less then that.

Korpisalo for the 25th in an average draft? And Ullmarks value was the 25 percent retention and fourth line grinder then? This deal stinks no matter how you want to drew it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ottawa is a great place to live and raise a family, I'm thinking Ullmark might like it once there....although not sure where his wife is from...weather in Ottawa can get pretty damn cold in the winter
His wife is from Sweden as well. They've been together for quite sometime

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What if Ullmark wouldn't have signed an extension with any of the teams calling about him?

I mean I think that’s what happened. And because he is of the age where being able to offer an 8th year isn’t something you would do anyway, however traded for him is taking a big risk it’s a rental. And Ullmark has earned that right to go team shopping. Is what it is, just wish what it was didn’t involve Korpisalo instead of Forsberg.

Reactions: neelynugs

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Happy Birthday (26) Brandon Bussi

I’m not discounting Bruins don’t just keep Korpi- he’s been very good with multiple .910-.920 SV %

At 3 M he’s Halak

Jay Leach comes in to straighten out the D and develop lohrei into a beast (Jay Leach with McAvoy & Lohrei gives me a warm feeling)

Goalie Bob gets Korpisalo back on track

Ottawa a dumpster D with F who weren’t exactly interested in winning Selke

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I don’t understand this from ullmarks perspective, you only accept a trade to a worse team heading into your last big contract year?

OTT reportedly will offer starter money for 5 years regardless of how you play in their system. I mean this could backfire for him too.

He probably won’t sign there period, and wanted playing time. Just wish they got something else for the korpisalo contract. Don treated Ullmark like a cap dump tbh.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Korpisalo was always an average at best goaltender in this league. Right now you have him for 4 years at 3 million per season. Every year there is a potential backup goalie available in free agency that signs for way less then that.

Korpisalo for the 25th in an average draft? And Ullmarks value was the 25 percent retention and fourth line grinder then? This deal stinks no matter how you want to drew it.
He was good with Columbus disagree

What’s beautiful to me is it will all play out before us

They could flip him
They could waive
They could keep
They could demote

None of us have any idea so I’ll watch and on jsn 1 six months from now I’ll be able to have a better read

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I’m GM of Sens and my team sucks I’m not giving 2 firsts

Ullmark isn’t even a extended

Ullmark said Ottawa or here
Then he hangs up the phone.

Let Staios stew through the fall with bad goaltending killing his season hopes early and call back around the holidays.

He did not HAVE to deal Linus.

He simply could have said in a presser at the end of summer "We had offers, but the teams wanted a guaranteed extension and it did not work out. We will keep the phones open if someone wants or needs a Vezina goaltender during the season. If not, we are happy to have the best goaltending tandem in the NHL."

Ottawa is a great place to live and raise a family, I'm thinking Ullmark might like it once there....although not sure where his wife is from...weather in Ottawa can get pretty damn cold in the winter
Skate with her on the river and give her a beaver tail. She'll warm up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
so trade him somewhere he will sign an extension, and get more return. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb move.
Rather than moving forward, treading water or more likely sinking since you lost the best player in the trade.

I'm just posting what Friedman said. I don't get why you take that sort of return to help a divisional rival improve their biggest weakness.

You essentially have 8 teams competing for maximum 5 playoff spots, and you just made one of those teams better. The Bruins are not improved in the short term, and voluntarily reduced their chances of a playoff birth next season by virtue of improving Ottawa.

I'd rather they shipped him to say Colorado for a 2nd rounder than have him come back and hurt them making the playoffs or worse yet, in the playoffs, by going to a division rival.

Kastelic is useless come playoff time as there is no fighting in the playoffs. I think they believe they can turn around Korpisalo and make him a tradeable asset, but it won't happen overnight, and why beef up your division rival for the privilege to do that. Heck if that's how they see Korpisalo (a reclamation project), they couldn't do that in a separate deal?

Head scratching move and likely the first of many this off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad