Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If you told me Ullmark was unsigned and we were getting a 1st I would say that’s fine

If Swayman is gonna get the money he’s gonna get he needs to play more than 45 games. Otherwise it’s just a dumb allocation of resources. He is a 55-60 game guy going forward. Prime Tuukka workload time.
I think you're full of it. I think you would have been insulted by the insinuation and you would have laughed at the idea that Ullmark was being considered that by an opposing fan base.

But if you're being genuine, there's the impasse between you and I re: this deal. Because I know what I would have said had that been proposed, and it wouldn't have been kind.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Not exactly what I expected. But what do you expect for a soon to be UFA, backup goalie with a no trade clause who might not sign an extension? Did I mention his propensity to fold under pressure in the playoffs? Not sure what the plan is with Korpi, but if he stays in Boston, I guarantee you his stats will be better than Ullmark’s next season. Maybe Sweeney felt like he needed an experienced backup instead of Bussi? Korpi’s numbers aren’t that different from Ullmark’s before he came to Boston. In the playoffs 4 years ago he was .941 and 1.90 in 9 p games for Cbus.

It’s also obvious that Boston wants to get tougher, otherwise why would they get Maroon? But Maroon sucked, slow and ineffective. Kastelic is their next attempt at toughness , hopefully they also get Duhaime for his wing. They got a 1st rounder in a shallow draft, but you never know. And they got $2 million in cap relief. Now that Chychrun is not coming here, they can sign a top six winger & center. And best of all, you get to see Gonzo & Lou losing their sh** 😜. Let’s see how this plays out before jumping off the roof.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think you're full of it. I think you would have been insulted by the insinuation and you would have laughed at the idea that Ullmark was being considered that by an opposing fan base.

But if you're being genuine, there's the impasse between you and I re: this deal. Because I know what I would have said had that been proposed, and it wouldn't have been kind.
I really think people overvalued Ullmark. Again-never played 50 games, injury history, objectively bad in the playoffs, Unsigned. Thats not gonna get you a 1st rounder and good young pieces on top of that

Chychrun I thought made sense for Ottawa because he’s also expiring. I don’t know how the negotiations went down though, maybe the bruins felt it was safer to go with Lohrei than invest too much money and term into a Chychrun extension

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I really think people overvalued Ullmark. Again-never played 50 games, injury history, objectively bad in the playoffs, Unsigned. Thats not gonna get you a 1st rounder and good young pieces on top of that
Personally, I never thought it would.

I had him slated to be traded for a second round pick. And I was fine with that return.

What I don’t like, is that they took on a liability to get it done. That should never have happened. Sweeney knows all too well the cost of dumping unwanted salary and it isn’t pretty. And tonight, he took it on like a champ with a big smile on his face.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
No. They didn’t get proper assets for Ullmark. They got a first for taking a bad contract. They got a plug for Ullmark. Who cares what goalie Bib might be able to do. Plus, what make atou think our defense will help Korprisalo. They didn’t help out two goalies. It was the other way around. They have no defensive structure! f***. Stupid ass trade.
Bingo!

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Understood.

But Korpisalo is 30 years old. He is what he is - a big, athletic, talented enigma. A guy who's wildly inconsistent from one year to the next, one game to the next, one period to the next, one shot to the next.

And yeah, maybe Goalie Bob can work his magic, but it's certainly not the kind of bet I'd make at $3 million/year for the next four seasons.
I guy who mostly played on 2 crappy teams. See Ullmark befor he came here

Reactions: Alicat

Babajingo

What a horrible trade. It wouldve been ok if Korp wasn't involved.
If anyone thinks they can just dump Korp in another trade, they will have to throw something in to sweeten the pot. They do have a 25th pick in this draft.

Also people seem to think getting a 1C is a given. Alot of teams will be bidding for them. I have hope they will get someone but not blind hope.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I do think people overvalued Ullmark (A player like Pinto was never going to be on the table) but saying he's just a "backup" is disingenuous, he's quite easily a top 10 goalie in the league at worst.
He’s not a backup in terms of playing ability, he’d absolutely be a backup with Swayman making $7+ million tho. You’re not gonna pay Swayman that money and do a split. Might as well move Swayman for something big, keep Ullmark, and find a 1B if that’s the plan

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My first reaction to the trade is not positive, but I want to see what happens over the next 8 days before I get upset.

Things could happen later this week that make it all make sense.

clearly our expectations for a return were too high

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
He’s not a backup in terms of playing ability, he’d absolutely be a backup with Swayman making $7+ million tho. You’re not gonna pay Swayman that money and do a split. Might as well move Swayman for something big, keep Ullmark, and find a 1B if that’s the plan
But that’s like saying Draisaitl isn’t a 1st line C because McDavid is there.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Chychrun I thought made sense for Ottawa because he’s also expiring. I don’t know how the negotiations went down though, maybe the bruins felt it was safer to go with Lohrei than invest too much money and term into a Chychrun extension
All valid.

Everyone, myself included, got imaginative with the rumors and came to expect some kind of massive haul. The truth is, Sweeney got some cap relief, a first rounder (which is now somehow shit even though a third rounder for Peeke was unconscionable lol), and a bottom 6 player who is big, physical and a decent skater.

It was underwhelming to see in part because the expectations got unrealistically ginned up.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You can still play Draisatl 20+ min a night with McDavid there, you can only play 1 goalie. Just a silly comparison tbh
You said he wasn’t a number one because Swayman is here, but he is a top goalie in the NHL and a starter for a majority of NHL teams. The comparison of you NOT calling him a starter is similar to calling Draisaitl NOT a 1st line C because he isn’t in fact starting the first line; just like how Ullmark isn’t starting in net a majority of the games.

My contention was with you calling him NOT a #1 because there was already one in Boston. Same goes in Edmonton.

Both aren’t the case and Ullmark is a #1 goalie in the NHL.

Okay, for the sake of what's left of my sanity I'm going to chill and realize that it is what it is and see how the next few weeks go. I've taken some shots at Sweeney, rightfully or wrongfully so. Going to reserve full judgement until
this all plays out.
Meh, last time for me checking in as well. Gotta remember this management team gives away the quarters in the trades for dimes and doesn’t bring in the top end talent.

We’re actually trying to get excited about the Bruins overpaying for the Canucks 3rd line C these last playoffs.

Rough years ahead.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad