Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
They have like over $20 mill in cap space
According to CapFriendly, they're at $21.6 million in cap space at the moment.

Let's say Swayman gets $7.5 million/year.

Now you're at $14.1 million.

I think they need two top six forwards, and probably another defenseman who can move the puck and possibly run the power play.

For $14.1 million, I think they can reasonably fill one of those holes. After that, they're probably scrambling and taking risks on guys they hope will work out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
IDK what do you think get's you a better player 5M or 2M . Let's play it your way, what would you rather go shopping with 20M or 23M?

If your taking on the Korps for 4 f***ing years, the 25th is not good enough, the 7th wouldn't be good enough.
You see that’s the kind of delulu stuff I’m talking about, we’re acting like he absorbed 5.5 mill here

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I think they need two top six forwards, and probably another defenseman who can move the puck and possibly run the power play.

For $14.1 million, I think they can reasonably fill one of those holes. After that, they're probably scrambling and taking risks on guys they hope will work out.
BAU: Business As Usual.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Oddly enough, that’s the saying in the Bruins hallway before the dressing room. It’s the 101-200th season mantra. They’ve been testing it out the last couple years as a practice.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sweeney seems like he got caught with his pants down not having multiple options to move Ullmark if that’s something he truly planned on doing this offseason.

Not sure how you don’t prep Ullmark for this in advance.

The future in Boston is Swayman, we can’t afford your next contract to play you as a backup, we’re going to give Swayman more starts this season so that’s going to give you less reps which may hurt you on your next contract if you stay here.

So knowing we aren’t re-signing you, you’re definitely not in Boston beyond summer of 2025. Have your agent start putting feelers out with orgs that you would sign with long term. Let’s find you a new home sooner rather than later to get that adjustment period for your family over and done with asap.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No, but that is how I would have characterized it going forward
Why?

The one thing the Bruins had that no other team did, was a tandem in net that promised quality starts every single outing. Two of the best five goaltenders in the league, alternating, pushing each other to be better, and keeping each other fresh for an 82 game season.

Now Ullmark is a $5M backup. And Korpisalo is a $3M backup. What a steal. As if the two players are interchangeable.

Before this deal went down, if a Senators fan came into this forum and proposed Korpisalo and a late first for Ullmark, would you have jumped at that? Their rationale of course is that Ullmark is just a $5M backup so what difference does it make? Maybe they could toss us a fourth liner to "sweeten the pot".

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
I'm gonna book a bounce back year for korpi and wont miss linus that much. Hope we find a gem in that first round. There some interesting names in the 25 th spot. Cole beaudoin looks a solid center. Also excited for kastelic makes our bottom 6 more tougher.
I really do appreciate your blind optimism haha.

Now that the trade is done, I've taken a breath, and I'm forced to evaluate what's in front of me.. I do think it's possible Korpisalo can be made back into a NHL goalie. He's very athletic and used to be touted for his positioning. I'm no Andrew Raycroft, but it has proven to be wise to put trust in Bob Essensa.

This other guy and the pick, I don't see how it helps our current core given I have Beecher at 4C next year and the pick probably won't be NHL ready for 3-4 years..

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I just don’t see the plan here. This has to be a retention move by the Bruins on Korpisalo as there is no reason to sign Bussi and make this awful trade.

Is there a team out there wanting Korpisalo at 75% retained that the Bruins can move him to as the middle-man?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Before this deal went down, if a Senators fan came into this forum and proposed Korpisalo and a late first for Ullmark, would you have jumped at that? Their rationale of course is that Ullmark is just a $5M backup so what difference does it make? Maybe they could toss us a fourth liner to "sweeten the pot".

Perfect way to put it.

I would have said the cost to move Korpisalo is a first minimum. And tbh the 7th is overpay imo if they are eating 25%, but I think the 25th is an underpayment. So you narrow down that price that Ottawa has to pay to dump him.

Then you start discussing the cost to acquire Ullmark.

Mr. Make-Believe

I just don’t see the plan here. This has to be a retention move by the Bruins on Korpisalo as there is no reason to sign Bussi and make this awful trade.

Is there a team out there wanting Korpisalo at 75% retained that the Bruins can move him to as the middle-man?
Even if the Bruins retained the full 50% at this stage, it would still be a buck and a half against the cap for another four years.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Why?

The one thing the Bruins had that no other team did, was a tandem in net that promised quality starts every single outing. Two of the best five goaltenders in the league, alternating, pushing each other to be better, and keeping each other fresh for an 82 game season.

Now Ullmark is a $5M backup. And Korpisalo is a $3M backup. What a steal. As if the two players are interchangeable.

If you told me Ullmark was unsigned and we were getting a 1st I would say that’s fine

If Swayman is gonna get the money he’s gonna get he needs to play more than 45 games. Otherwise it’s just a dumb allocation of resources. He is a 55-60 game guy going forward. Prime Tuukka workload time.

Mr. Make-Believe

Perfect way to put it.

I would have said the cost to move Korpisalo is a first minimum. And tbh the 7th is overpay imo if they are eating 25%, but I think the 25th is an underpayment. So you narrow down that price.

Then you start discussing the cost to acquire Ullmark.
Precisely, Gonzo. And to be honest, I don't think the Bruins should have been the team looking to take on dead cap. That shit is for Utah or San Jose. Not a team with Cup aspirations.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Is it just me, or is this team just a little bit more unlikable each year?

For Gods’ Sake Sweeney give us a 1st line C to cheer for.

I can't wait for this one

I just can't wait

Precisely, Gonzo. And to be honest, I don't think the Bruins should have been the team looking to take on dead cap. That shit is for Utah or San Jose. Not a team with Cup aspirations.
100%

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Agreed. We aren’t at that stage of a teams lifecycle where we want to spend cap space (especially multiple years of it) to take on a cap dump for draft picks

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I had typed up the post that was gonna make everybody feel better but then it crashed out, tragic

I think we’ll see ~$14 mill invested in forwards and $7 mill invested in Swayman. Lohrei 2nd pair with Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad