Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree with this. I don't think it's as clear cut as some others think that he's guaranteed to get claimed. Especially during those cut down deadlines when the waiver wire is pretty loaded. I'm not very confident a team is going to claim an unproven AHL rental goalie.

I'm also a tad curious if this is exactly why DS didn't try and purchase any of Bussi's UFA years. It could also have been Bussi's preference, but it does make me curious.

Yeah, I though Bussi was going to get something like 1.25 milion to 1.5 million for 2-3 years, thus paying extra to get some of those FA years covered.

Reactions: 8thRoundPick

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
not that long ago, a first for almost any goalie was gonna be a decent deal.

Let's see if thats where we actually wind up....

We just traded away the second best goalie on our team, who is 31 in a few weeks....
People acting like we just traded Sway to Toronto.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
25th OA picks since 2010 (feel free to use some other time frame)

2010 - C-Quinton Howden - 97gp 17pts
2011 - D-Stuart Percy - 12gp 3pts
2012 - D-Jordan Schmaltz - 42gp 5pts
2013 - R-Michael Mccarron - 228gp 48pts
2014 - Pasta!
2015 - C-Jack Roslovic - 445gp 221pts
2016 - L - Riley Tufte - 18gp 3 pts
2017 - C - Ryan Poehling - 215gp 64pts
2018 - L - Dominik Bokk - 0gp 0 pts
2019 - C - Connor McMichael 155gp 51pts
2020 - D - Justin Barron - 94gp 30pts
2021 - D - Corson Ceulemans - 0gp 0pts
2022 - D - Sam Rinzel 0/0
2023 - C - Otto Stenberg 0/0

i'm not going to bank on that pick amounting to much
Brilliant! Let’s just get rid off all our picks that aren’t in the top 10. What’s the use lol. They never pan out.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Why does Sweeney always do this. He gets himself out of bad contracts and has Cap $ to spend and fill needs. Then his first move is to trade for a sh*t contract. Even if he trades Korp with retention he has 3-4 years of dead money again.
Is this what they teach at Harvard? How to get out the fire and right back into the frying pan
Donny likes korpi must have done some homework. I'm giving that guy a chance especially with sens retaining.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Brilliant! Let’s just get rid off all our picks that aren’t in the top 10. What’s the use lol. They never pan out.
Some posts are assuming the 25th pick will become a difference maker. Just pointing out that it's unlikely.

I've been pushing to move assets for picks since the deadline where they didn't move Eriksson, but i never assume anything past about 15 OA is going to amount to much.

Lottery tickets

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This is what I think the Bruins are thinking. I think Sweeney thinks he still has the best goalie tandem in the NHL AND he got a 1st round pick AND he got another $2m in cap space to spend on July 1st. I think he's doing the Tropic Thunder dance right now.

Personally, I agree with the mob here that he should have gotten something to take on Korpisalo's contract, a 2nd or 3rd at least. But maybe he knows something we don't, like maybe the days of paying high prices to unload contracts is over now that the cap is going up. Last year nobody would have claimed a guy off waivers making real money. Last week we saw it happen twice.

Last year the team committed $8,475,000 in goaltending. This comes out to 10.1% of the cap ceiling

Lets assuming Swayman comes in at $7 million. That puts Boston at $10 million committed to goaltending and 11.3% of the cap ceiling.

So a slight increase from last year in what was committed to goaltending

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don’t think any of the goalie trades were as good as people thought. Calgary got a protected first next year, a player in Bahl that I was told wasn’t that great by many people when I put him in my proposals and they are still paying nearly 2 million for no goalie for two seasons. Washington got back that anchor of a contract in PLD, that most of us wanted no part of, never mind unretained.

At the moment we got a first, a fourth liner (not much different than Bahl from what I was told) and are paying 3 million for a back up, but a lot of time before the season starts so a buyout, trade, or whatever could still happen. Not great, but the market apparently wasn’t what many people thought.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Some posts are assuming the 25th pick will become a difference maker. Just pointing out that it's unlikely.

I've been pushing to move assets for picks since the deadline where they didn't move Eriksson, but i never assume anything past about 15 OA is going to amount to much.

Lottery tickets
Pasta and Frederic were late 1st round picks.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
25th OA picks since 2010 (feel free to use some other time frame)

2010 - C-Quinton Howden - 97gp 17pts
2011 - D-Stuart Percy - 12gp 3pts
2012 - D-Jordan Schmaltz - 42gp 5pts
2013 - R-Michael Mccarron - 228gp 48pts
2014 - Pasta!
2015 - C-Jack Roslovic - 445gp 221pts
2016 - L - Riley Tufte - 18gp 3 pts
2017 - C - Ryan Poehling - 215gp 64pts
2018 - L - Dominik Bokk - 0gp 0 pts
2019 - C - Connor McMichael 155gp 51pts
2020 - D - Justin Barron - 94gp 30pts
2021 - D - Corson Ceulemans - 0gp 0pts
2022 - D - Sam Rinzel 0/0
2023 - C - Otto Stenberg 0/0

i'm not going to bank on that pick amounting to much
Recent highest draft picks for Boston
Poitras at 50ish
Lysell 21st?
Lorhei 50ish
Beecher 30ish

Not sure why you wouldn't expect anything at 25th overall from this scouting team.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Pasta and Frederic were late 1st round picks.

I don’t think you understand what the point being made is.

If you do, send me $5k US I’ll send you a $50 scratch off. It’s a good deal since people have won millions off of those before.

You’ll be up so much money

Literally nobody has stated the 25th is a difference maker lol. It is what it is, a 1st rounder.

Proof is literally on this page

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

Lottery tickets
Literally nobody has stated the 25th is a difference maker lol. It is what it is, a 1st rounder.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I'm the Don the godfather. Gives you a hint. Big fan here. This was a good move now let's focus on that draft. Exciting times. I'm looking at all the names that luchanko kid looks very interesting .

Respectively disagree, I like the draft pick and Kastelic, hate how Sweeney pissed away valuable cap space in taking back no glove Korpisalo.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The real question that should be asked is what fans partied harder last night Florida or Ottawa.
Ottawa fans have to be pumped.

You can manage, finagle, and do Mr. Stretchy on this deal from Boston’s perspective and at best come up with an ugly ugly shade of lipstick on a pig.

From Ottawa’s perspective? This is a slam dunk win. Superb trade for them.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This pick in a weak draft will apparently be franchise altering....can't. wait.
I doesn’t have depth but first 40 everyone I read & listen to says strong

They are at 25 so I’ve got 5-10 guys I want there and me, Eric, and Lou already all over

I’m jacked for it

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Another thing to take into account about Korpi, is his 2 worst years in CMS were right around the time there 3rd goalie died in a hot tub, from a stray fireworks. It mess him and Merzlinkins out badly from what I remember.

His worst years are on par with Bobrovsky. He's had 5 years of >.905%SV and 5 under .9%SV
I tend to think he is fixable. He has never been sent down in the last 7 seasons, when he was cheap, so something in the way of talent is there. I'd give him a camp to see if he can get it together with the help of Goalie Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad