Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The more I think about the Korpisalo acquisition, the more frustrated I get.

That 2m could be the difference between getting a legit 25 goal guy for line 2 or not.

He’s entirely unnecessary because if Swayman were injured he’s not notably better (if better at all) than most 1m backups.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
How many extra goals do you get when you put an opposing forward through the glass?

How many extra goals do you get when you put an opposing forward through the glass?
Zadorov would be immense if he equals last years play . Too many turnstiles on our D leading to constant breakaways and 2 on 1s . Tired of our goalie being our 1st star

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It might not mean more goals for, but it might make an opponent more hesitant disrupting their offense strategy.

If nothing else, we do need more nasty in our lineup ... even if that means taking an extra penalty or two in the long run.

Reactions: BMC and capecodder

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Would anyone here consider trading Frederic while his value is at a high? He will need a new contract after this year and will likely get more than the Bruins will want to pay. Could get a player, or picks back and opens up room to sign someone like Toffoli or Stamkos, or Stephenson. Just curious if anyone feels it might be the right time to overhaul the roster a bit?
I would. I did a thread on it on the trade board last month. He'd be a very sought after commodity according to that thread. They seemed very amenable to a swap of size (Freddy) for someone more skilled. At the time I was thinking Freddy for a #2RW then sign Joshua to replace the toughness, but that ship has sailed. Still, if you signed Lindholm and Bertuzzi I'd be ok flipping Freddy for a D or a pick and signing Heinen to replace him on 3LW.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I would. I did a thread on it on the trade board last month. He'd be a very sought after commodity according to that thread. They seemed very amenable to a swap of size (Freddy) for someone more skilled. At the time I was thinking Freddy for a #2RW then sign Joshua to replace the toughness, but that ship has sailed. Still, if you signed Lindholm and Bertuzzi I'd be ok flipping Freddy for a D or a pick and signing Heinen to replace him on 3LW.
The challenge with trading Frederic is the value of his contract this season. I think it’s fair to say he outperformed his contract this past season and likely will again this upcoming season.

If you move him, is his replacement going to provide more value at a lower dollar amount? It’s possible, but I’m not sure it’s a risk the Bruins would like to explore. Geekie is similar in this regard.

Now if you don’t feel you can sign him or you feel like he may want more than you’re willing to offer that’s a completely different scenario.

Personally I like the idea of two big wingers like Frederic and Geekie potentially being on either side of Poitras. Assuming that’s how it shakes out.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The challenge with trading Frederic is the value of his contract this season. I think it’s fair to say he outperformed his contract this past season and likely will again this upcoming season.

If you move him, is his replacement going to provide more value at a lower dollar amount? It’s possible, but I’m not sure it’s a risk the Bruins would like to explore. Geekie is similar in this regard.

Now if you don’t feel you can sign him or you feel like he may want more than you’re willing to offer that’s a completely different scenario.

Personally I like the idea of two big wingers like Frederic and Geekie potentially being on either side of Poitras. Assuming that’s how it shakes out.
For sure.

There's also a flaw in thinking they could sign one guy to replace his toughness and another to replace his 20/20 game on the 3rd line. They're better off with Frederic being one of those two guys. That way they have two guys who can provide toughness or two guys who can put up 20/20 at even strength.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

Fwiw, I also really like the look of that 3rd line, but I think you could sign Heinen for comparable money and comparable production.

And yeah, he's on my personal trade block because I don't think we'll be able to sign him for reasonable amount. He's going to be a sought after UFA and I think people will overpay for the perceived toughness factor.

Reactions: KOZ37

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Bertuzzi cause he fit in so well on this team. A creative winger that would take pressure off of our center

Perron cause he’d be cheap and high compete level. Good for 20+ goals in the top six. Easily replaces Debrusk.

B Dillon to complete our D and make it the best in the league

Duhaime to play with Kastelic and improve our pk.

That would give Boston a much needed shot of attitude and leave enough money to re-sign Sway.

Bert Zach Pasta

Marchy Coyle Perron

Freddy Poitras Geekie

Duhaime Kastelic Brazeau

Lorhei Mac

Lindholm Carlo

Dillon Peeke

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Fwiw, I also really like the look of that 3rd line, but I think you could sign Heinen for comparable money and comparable production.

And yeah, he's on my personal trade block because I don't think we'll be able to sign him for reasonable amount. He's going to be a sought after UFA and I think people will overpay for the perceived toughness factor.
I agree with this 100%. While we don't save a ton cap wise, his low cap hit increases his value on the trade market right? I would only trade him if the value is there, but I would definitely be open to it.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Based on AFPAnalytics' estimated contract projections, here's what some of the notable free agents *may* be looking at...

Term (Years)
AAV $ *
Victor Arvidsson​
3​
5M​
Cam Atkinson​
1​
2M​
Alexander Barabanov​
1​
1.2M​
Tyson Barrie​
1​
1.8M​
Anthony Beauvillier​
1​
960k​
Tyler Bertuzzi​
4​
5.5M​
Jesper Boqvist
2​
1.5M​
Alexandre Carrier​
3​
4.2M​
Calvin de Haan​
2​
1.8M​
Jake DeBrusk
5​
6.1M​
Brenden Dillon​
2​
3M​
Max Domi​
2​
3.7M​
Jonathan Drouin​
4​
5.2M​
Matt Duchene​
3​
5M​
Anthony Duclair​
3​
4.5M​
Brandon Duhaime​
3​
1.9M​
Joel Edmundson​
2​
1.8M​
Warren Foegele​
3​
4M​
Derek Forbort
1​
1.3M​
Shayne Gostisbehere​
3​
5.2M​
Matt Grzelcyk
3​
3.3M​
Jake Guentzel​
7​
9.6M​
Jani Hakanpää​
1​
1.6M​
Danton Heinen
3​
3M​
Patrick Kane​
2​
6.5M​
Elias Lindholm​
5​
7M​
Anthony Mantha​
3​
5M​
Jonathan Marchessault​
3​
6.5M​
Pat Maroon
1​
1.2M​
Matt Martin​
1​
900k​
Alec Martinez​
1​
1.3M​
Marc McLaughlin
1​
850k​
Sean Monahan​
4​
5.5M​
Brandon Montour​
6​
8M​
Stefan Noesen​
3​
3.3M​
Tomas Nosek​
1​
800k​
Tanner Pearson​
1​
1.2M​
David Perron​
2​
3M​
Sam Reinhart​
8​
11.6M​
Jack Roslovic​
3​
3.1M​
Matt Roy​
5​
6M​
Marco Scandella​
1​
1.1M​
Justin Schultz​
2​
2.5M​
Kevin Shattenkirk
1​
1.5M​
Brady Skjei​
5​
7.7M​
Daniel Sprong​
3​
4.2M​
Steven Stamkos​
3​
6.5M​
Troy Stecher​
1​
1.1M​
Chandler Stephenson​
5​
5.8M​
Ryan Suter​
1​
1.8M​
Jeremy Swayman
5​
6.8M​
Vladimir Tarasenko​
2​
4.3M​
Tomas Tatar​
1​
1.7M​
Teuvo Teräväinen​
4​
5.5M​
Tyler Toffoli​
4​
6.3M​
Yakov Trenin​
3​
2.7M​
James van Riemsdyk
1​
1.2M​
Jakub Vrána​
1​
900k​
Sean Walker​
3​
4.8M​
Alexander Wennberg​
4​
3.9M​
Nikita Zadorov​
5​
5.5M​
Jason Zucker​
2​
3.8M​

* AAVs factoring in Boston having high income tax.
Breaking this down a bit...

Ultra high-priced Forwards (~9.5M-12M AAV)
Sam Reinhart
Jake Guentzel

High-priced Forwards (~5M-7M AAV)
Elias Lindholm
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Jonathan Marchessault
Tyler Toffoli
Jake DeBrusk
Chandler Stephenson
Sean Monahan
Tyler Bertuzzi
Teuvo Teräväinen
Jonathan Drouin
Anthony Mantha
Victor Arvidsson

Mid-priced Forwards (~2M-4.5M AAV)
Anthony Duclair
Vladimir Tarasenko
Daniel Sprong
Warren Foegele
Alex Wennberg
Jason Zucker
Max Domi
Stefan Noesen
Jeff Skinner
Jack Roslovic
Danton Heinen
David Perron
Yakov Trenin
Cam Atkinson

Bargain Forwards (~800k-1.9M AAV)
Brandon Duhaime
Tomas Tatar
Jesper Boqvist
James van Riemsdyk
Tanner Pearson
Pat Maroon
Alexander Barabanov
Anthony Beauvillier
Jakub Vrána
Matt Martin
Marc McLaughlin
Tomas Nosek

High-priced Defensemen (~5.2M-8M AAV)
Brandon Montour
Brady Skjei
Matt Roy
Nikita Zadorov
Shayne Gostisbehere

Mid-priced Defenseman (~2.5M-4.8M AAV)
Sean Walker
Alexandre Carrier
Matt Grzelcyk
Brenden Dillon
Justin Schultz

Bargain Defensemen (~1.1M-1.8M AAV)
Joel Edmundson
Calvin de Haan
Ryan Suter
Tyson Barrie
Jani Hakanpää
Kevin Shattenkirk
Alec Martinez
Marco Scandella
Troy Stecher

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Going
Lindholm
Dillon
Heinen resigned
Swayman resigned

Glad to hear Bruins are high on Lysell
I'd take Sherwood over Heinen, faster, more physical. Heinen better penalty killer.

We'll see about Lysell. Would be great if he could come in and add 20 goals and not be a distraction

Reactions: Gordoff

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Zacha-UFA-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-UFA
Frederic-Beecher-Geekie
Kastelic-Brown-Lettieri-Brazeau

Lohrei-Mac
Lindholm-Carlo
UFA-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo

I think this is what we should be focusing on Monday, don’t waste any money on 3rd or 4th liners, we have 7 of those guys already, and we have a half dozen players pushing them, including Lysell & Poitras. Cap Friendly shows us at 21.6 cap space with these guys, plus Bussi’s 775K once Swayman is signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad