Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He is not half the player bergeron was ....huge mistake if Sweeney signs him but unfortunately for your left nut Sweeney will not pay 7 plus mil for a 30 yr old thats a 40 pt guy

Easy 60 points playing with Pasta and on the first PP.

Reactions: Zillah

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I would bet my left nut Lindholm is a Bruin day 1 of FA, but I like my nut where it is so it’s staying, so hypothetically i am that sure he will sign here.
I'm totally willing to bet your left nut too that Lindholm signs here on Monday. I honestly have no feelings one way or the other about whether that particular nut stays or goes but I still hope Lindholm signs here. :nod:

• Haha
Reactions: mar2kbos

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Playoffs proved we are in need of high end forwards. Stamkos 9.5 x 2 or Reinhardt 10x7. Another winger at 3-4 million Lindholm turns 30 in Dec. 7mil x5 is all I would go

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Even if that happened that's not worth 7-8 mil long term. The guy is not a #1 center on a contender trust me. Sweeney won't do it

His value is that he can hold down the 1C spot for a couple of years until they find/develop one.

Then, because he can play defense and win draws, he can slot down to 2 or 3C in the future.

With the cap going up, unless his contract is in the high 8’s, it won’t be a problem.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, I hate it.

The Bruins can't beat Florida in the playoffs because they can't get the puck out of their own end.

Nikita Zadorov won't fix that, IMO.
No he won’t, but he’ll mug some of them and that’s also something that’s pretty cool.

Shot would be a diff element to add to our blue line too. I basically think he’d be the closest thing we’ve had to Boychuk since Boychuk

Makes me wonder if they’d move Carlo for a center though if they sign him. He’s one of my fav non bruins but it’s a weird fit if they don’t.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
No he won’t, but he’ll mug some of them and that’s also something that’s pretty cool.

Shot would be a diff element to add to our blue line too. I basically think he’d be the closest thing we’ve had to Boychuk since Boychuk

Makes me wonder if they’d move Carlo for a center though if they sign him. He’s one of my fav non bruins but it’s a weird fit if they don’t.

Zero chance that Carlo gets moved, he's part of the core and a leader on the team.

Reactions: CDJ and JoeIsAStud

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Going
Lindholm
Dillon
Heinen resigned
Swayman resigned

Glad to hear Bruins are high on Lysell

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I would rather spend on 2nd li e guy like Perron who can get you 20g 30a and be a PITA than a Lysell who has skill but appears to have a very selfish, me over the team attitude and has proven nothing.

I saw enough from Poitras last year that I am confident enough to pencil him in as the number 3 center with Frederic and a RW, either Brazeau or Geekie or a 3m UFA.

They cannot claim that the goal is to win the Stanley Cup and have Coyle and Zacha as the top two center again next year and only add DuClair and Foegele to the top 6. That said I have more faith in both of them being more productive than Merkulov and Lysell would be.
This^^^ I really do not want Coyle centering in the top six again. I have nothing against Coyle, he is a very good player for his skill set; he simply isn't a creative offensive play making center.

He is a possession and puck protecting minute eating center. Fair or unfair, he is the center where winger production goes to die.

My hope is Sweeney acquires two centers by any means available ... FA and/or trade allowing Coyle and Zacha to slot in where they are most effective.

I do think Poitras should start the year in Providence, if not spend the entire year there. If for no other reason than to allow his body to develop more.

Last edited:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Even if that happened that's not worth 7-8 mil long term. The guy is not a #1 center on a contender trust me. Sweeney won't do it
Agree he’s not worth the $ but it is what it is in today’s market . We’re certainly not developing our own centers anymore . He’s a solid # 2 centre brinking on #1 . A testament to exactly how deep the Canucks are at center. He certainly wasn’t going to bump out Peterson or Miller.

Last edited:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yeah, I hate it.

The Bruins can't beat Florida in the playoffs because they can't get the puck out of their own end.

Nikita Zadorov won't fix that, IMO.
Actually moves the puck up pretty good. So much better than Carlo. Carlo is great at skating the puck out, problem is he dumps it in at the red line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad