Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Go all in for Stammer. If not, Lindholm. I probably like Elias more than most and think he will be solid if signed.

Would like Zadorov but will be ok with Dillon/Edmundson.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Lauko is an NHL player, but with Brazeau, Beecher, Kastelic, Lysell, Merkulov, Poitras, Geekie, Freddy, Boqvist(maybe) all vying for spots in the bottom 6, someone had to go. Geekie and Freddy are 2/3 of the 3rd line, leaving 7 players for line 4 and extra forward.

We definitely have plenty of 4th line options so it’s fine in that aspect. I’m just confused how Lauko was only worth a guy that will get stuffed in providence and moving up 12 spots in the 4th round.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I'm sticking my neck out but after all the signings and trades are all done I think korpi will be the best of the bunch hes gonna rebound hard and be a solid goaltender. Book it !

Haven’t really read anybody saying Korpisalo won’t be a serviceable backup behind the bruins system+defense+Essensa.

Don’t think you’re sticking your neck out that far as that seems to be the prevailing majority opinion

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
i was thinking Kuntar myself
I think he’s maybe 2 years away - I drafted him in SIM 3-4 years ago and big fan and watch him a lot - asked staff member of P Bruins about him is he got a chance next season

He needs at least another season I was told - gotta agree

Probably 25-26

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think he’s maybe 2 years away - I drafted him in SIM 3-4 years ago and big fan and watch him a lot - asked staff member of P Bruins about him is he got a chance next season

He needs at least another season I was told - gotta agree

Probably 25-26

I don't think he will be a regular this year, but I could certainly see him being the 25th man or so this year, and potentially getting some fill in games this year

Reactions: CDJ and DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think he will be a regular this year, but I could certainly see him being the 25th man or so this year, and potentially getting some fill in games this year
We shall see - hope so good for me

Reactions: CDJ

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I will be disappointed in any lineup that includes Lysell and Merkulov, one is bad enough, having two Chris Bourques on the roster for 2/3 of the season is inexcusable. Whatever they are planning on paying Heinen hopefully goes to a grittier player. Heinen for under a million is fine but not anymore.
Swayman 8m a year or more if he goes to arbitration.
Lindholm at 8m
Perron at 3m
Duhaime 1.5

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Does anyone think Beecher is ready for a third line center spot? Him between Freddy and Geekie seems like a pretty solid fit. Could resign Boqvist and have him, Kastelic, Brazeau, and Lauko for the fourth.
I would like to see Sweeney concentrate on top 6 forwards, I also would like to see the Bruins lean more heavily on Freddy, Beecher and Geekie, they are young, with size let's give them a shot , the problem with them is consistency, but at this stage of their careers let's find out more about them, my gut feeling we might be happy with the results.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I would like to see Sweeney concentrate on top 6 forwards, I also would like to see the Bruins lean more heavily on Freddy, Beecher and Geekie, they are young, with size let's give them a shot , the problem with them is consistency, but at this stage of their careers let's find out more about them, my gut feeling we might be happy with the results.
Have a feeling Freddy days are numbered

Well I am glad we are getting older, less physical and another bottom six center we don't need, this is just stupid.
So is thinking this kid will play in Boston (stupid)

Bruins players fighting for bottom 6 spots:

Frederic, Geekie, Poitras, Beecher, Brazeau, Kastelic, Merkulov, Lysell, Kuntar, and Boqvist (RFA)

Bruins need to focus on building their top 6F.
I don't think Merkulov has the wheels to be an NHL center

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He’s a tough third pair type who you can play last minute of periods

2 years max

Also before Lauko dealt I was telling buds this is my guesstimate for Sweeney 15 based on cap

LW (left shot) 5
Zacha
Marchand
Frederic
Heinen FA
Beecher

C- 5
Lindholm FA
Coyle
Poitros
Boqvist RFA
Merkulov

RW (right shot) -5
Pastrnak
Geekie
Lysell
Brazeau
Kastelic

D
McAvoy
Lindholm.
Carlo
Lohrei
Dillon DA
Peeke
Wotherspoon

G
Swayman
Korpisalo
Bussi

* Lysell is big time in there plans and he’s getting every opportunity- Merkulov is ready the AHL he should be done

You may not like the list but I’m in a contest and need to go with what I want expect
I just pissed myself Laughing so hard over
Moving Lauko opens Heinen spot up
Oh that just warms my heart

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Have a feeling Freddy days are numbered

So is thinking this kid will play in Boston (stupid)

I don't think Merkulov has the wheels to be an NHL center
Freddy needs to go so we can sign Cam Atkinson, another shrewd move by Sweeney to wait for Philly to buy him out so he did need to give an asset, probably would have been Beecher or Loheri.

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Is spending money and term on a one-dimensional player like Sprong a wise investment when you have Lysell in the wings?

Not to say we don’t need the skill it just seems redundant in a way
Well it's a risk to rely on Lysell making the jump vs signing an established guy like Sprong. Wouldn't be opposed if he's ready, just not sure he is.

Reactions: CellyHard

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
We definitely have plenty of 4th line options so it’s fine in that aspect. I’m just confused how Lauko was only worth a guy that will get stuffed in providence and moving up 12 spots in the 4th round.
What kind of value do you realistically think a 4th liner who often doesn't crack the lineup would have? Hell, leterri almost matched his output last season in 14 less games

Reactions: HustleB

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Precisely. Sweeney could have done better.

It does speak to the expected 4th line this upcoming season being large and heavy fortunately.

An AHL nobody and a minor increase in a 4th round pick is not much for Lauko.

Lauko may have had too many fights for Sweeney's liking.

Reactions: pucksindeep92

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Freddy needs to go so we can sign Cam Atkinson, another shrewd move by Sweeney to wait for Philly to buy him out so he did need to give an asset, probably would have been Beecher or Loheri.

Is this you trying to be funny? Not sure what this has to do with me saying I think Freddy may be moved

Or You saying we got slower and the move was stupid

Or me saying Merkolov is to slow to be an NHL center

Well you at least had another poster that understood you

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What kind of value do you realistically think a 4th liner who often doesn't crack the lineup would have? Hell, leterri almost matched his output last season in 14 less games

More than 12 spots in the 4th round. Looks like a pure dump pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad