Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What are you basing that on? In 11 seasons he’s scored 70 points once. Bergeron was the last center to score 70+ points centering Pastrnak, and that was once (5 years ago). “With ease”?

Don’t spend big on a center just because. Wait on the right guy. I want to see a hockey trade, and not at the trade deadline.
If Pasta scores 50 he’s likely assisting on 30 of those.

Plus the 20-25 he’s likely to score.

There’s 50/55.

Not crazy to think he gets another 20 or so.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud and SPV

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lauko couldn’t fetch just a pick?

Not liking Sweeney atm

Apparently the answer is he couldn't.

Lauko had no role here moving forward and asked for a trade, because he could see he had no role. I have no doubt he was dangling out there all day and this was the best offer they got.

Lettieri is irrelevant, he was included for Providence depth, gives the a vet to replace Megna

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Lauko is an NHL player, but with Brazeau, Beecher, Kastelic, Lysell, Merkulov, Poitras, Geekie, Freddy, Boqvist(maybe) all vying for spots in the bottom 6, someone had to go. Geekie and Freddy are 2/3 of the 3rd line, leaving 7 players for line 4 and extra forward.

We are getting slower and slower with Lauko gone and soon to be ex Bruin JDB, I always liked Lauko. Sweeney better start winning some trades or nail FA, so far, not good. I do like the draft pick and Kastelic.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
DKH, can you explain to me the appeal of Dillon? I see his name time and time again here but having watched him play for years (he's from Surrey) I am wondering where the Dillon talk and appeal started for a 34 year old.

Thanks!
He’s a tough third pair type who you can play last minute of periods

2 years max

Also before Lauko dealt I was telling buds this is my guesstimate for Sweeney 15 based on cap

LW (left shot) 5
Zacha
Marchand
Frederic
Heinen FA
Beecher

C- 5
Lindholm FA
Coyle
Poitros
Boqvist RFA
Merkulov

RW (right shot) -5
Pastrnak
Geekie
Lysell
Brazeau
Kastelic

D
McAvoy
Lindholm.
Carlo
Lohrei
Dillon DA
Peeke
Wotherspoon

G
Swayman
Korpisalo
Bussi

* Lysell is big time in there plans and he’s getting every opportunity- Merkulov is ready the AHL he should be done

You may not like the list but I’m in a contest and need to go with what I want expect

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
He’s a tough third pair type who you can play last minute of periods

2 years max

Also before Lauko dealt I was telling buds this is my guesstimate for Sweeney 15 based on cap

LW (left shot) 5
Zacha
Marchand
Frederic
Heinen FA
Beecher

C- 5
Lindholm FA
Coyle
Poitros
Boqvist RFA
Merkulov

RW (right shot) -5
Pastrnak
Geekie
Lysell
Brazeau
Kastelic

D
McAvoy
Lindholm.
Carlo
Lohrei
Dillon DA
Peeke
Wotherspoon

G
Swayman
Korpisalo
Bussi

* Lysell is big time in there plans and he’s getting every opportunity- Merkulov is ready the AHL he should be done

You may not like the list but I’m in a contest and need to go with what I want expect
Thanks! I was asking you personally as I respect your evaluation of talent and was curious as to what you were liking in Dillon.

Reactions: DKH

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
7-8 mil for multiple years for a guy who couldn't even get 50 pts? Some fans have no idea how to run a team. Lidnholm is also 30 on back 9 of his career

Lindholm is a Bergeron type style player, he will age well, hopefully Sweeney is able to snag him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
What are you basing that on? In 11 seasons he’s scored 70 points once. Bergeron was the last center to score 70+ points centering Pastrnak, and that was once (5 years ago). “With ease”?

Don’t spend big on a center just because. Wait on the right guy. I want to see a hockey trade, and not at the trade deadline.

I've noticed with Don over the years, with him something thats 10% likely to happen and something thats 90% likely to happen has the same amount of value.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Lauko move was nevcessary, but return not maximized.

Vinny will undoubtedly stick down in PVD (again) and help with stability and leadership. Lauko probably wasn’t going to get more than 20 games this year unless we had injuries. We have enough bottom 6 depth at the moment between the club and PVD, but he was still worth more than a career AHLer that we already moved on from and 12 spots up in the 4th round. Would’ve thought you could use a later round pick in the swap or included in a larger deal.

With Merk, Lysell, Kuntar, Farinacci, Harrison there are players down 95 to fill in if needed that deserve the development/opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad