Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I feel like Lysell and Poitras should have to push their way into the lineup, play at a level that makes them have to stay, like Krejci and Marchand did. I’m not penciling them into the lineup, I want proven talent in our top 6.
Poitras has the skill to play I don’t think that’s questionable it whether he can bulk up and be able to handle the physical play and avoid putting himself on vulnerable situations,he scared the crap out of me every game that he was going to get killed.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Idk, think your overvaluing a guy with 83 career games and 17 points a bit here. He's getting a 5th at best on his own IMO, coming from a fan of Lauko too

Yup, I think Lauko is basically a good 13th/14th forward at the NHL level, and that's what other teams value him at. He wanted out of Boston for the chance to prove he could be a 12th man somewhere else, so Sweeney gave the kid the opportunity.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I'm starting to understand this board more as the years go.

Lauko has a skillset (worth a pick?)

and Korpi sucks

some of y'all make more sense to me today, that's for sure. Blackngolditis

Where’s the correlation here?

Are you able to establish that the poster(s) who think “Lauko has a skill set” and “korpisalo sucks” routinely hold the opinion that bruins players are more valuable than players from other teams?

How long have you been tracking these posters and their posting habits?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Idk, think your overvaluing a guy with 83 career games and 17 points a bit here. He's getting a 5th at best on his own IMO, coming from a fan of Lauko too

I mean he’s 23 years old could be a solid 4th liner in his prime. And we traded him for a 29 year old AHL player and 12 spots in the 4th round.

Reactions: Tommy Tubs

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Precisely. Sweeney could have done better.

It does speak to the expected 4th line this upcoming season being large and heavy fortunately.

An AHL nobody and a minor increase in a 4th round pick is not much for Lauko.

Lauko may have had too many fights for Sweeney's liking.

Ya agreed, certainly not asking for much but can we at least get a draft pick on its own for an NHL body on a cheap contract?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I’d try to entice the Hawks to send Hall back here with 50% retention (assuming he’s healthy). Hall at 3m for one season. He loved Boston. He’s excellent at skating the puck up ice pushing opposing dmen back.

Hall Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Zacha Poitras*
Frederic Coyle Geekie
4th line
After another serious injury?

Pass for me...he's lost a step

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Even if he's healthy, I'd be worried with him.

Other than 2021 he doesn't play a full season
At 3m for one season I’d take a flier on him. He’s exactly what you need opposite Pastrnak. Pastrnak turns the puck over too often in the neutral zone. Pass first. No long term commitment. At the same cost as their new backup goalie

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm a big fan too. If he could have potted 5ish more goals it would have made a world of difference- for his confidence and value
Idk, think you're overvaluing a guy with 83 career games and 17 points a bit here. He's getting a 5th at best on his own IMO, coming from a fan of Lauko too

Last edited:
Reactions: NDiesel

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I liked Lauko as an energy guy. I think he's hit his ceiling, a 12th/13th forward but a guy that gives it all out there. Not losing any sleep over losing him though. At least Providence gets some scoring help in return instead of losing him for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad