Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Looks pretty solid and realistic if we get McGroarty. I would rather Coyle as center though, he is better there than on the wing.

Coyle 3C
Zacha 1LW
Can McGroarty play RW? ha
McGroarty can play RW I believe, so I think if we did trade for him and he won a top 6 spot the likely deployment would be:
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-McGroarty

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
What kind of money would Mcgroaty make there? That's his rookie deal yeah?

Seems like an epic way to juice our cap production to the max. Sending all the blocked prospects also seems fine.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Got a feeling Sweeney will play it vanilla.
Lindholm. Swayman. Heinen.

Kinda hope 25OA is Letourneau unless Boisvert is available.
Beaudoin or Hemming are my wishes.
Letourneau has a very high ceiling, however he is at least 5 years away from the NHL as it always takes tall players ( over 6'4) more time to develop, unless you are Mario Lemieux.
His skating and pace he played last year against high school players here in Ontario is very slow vs Juniors.
High school players worry me.....remember how Brian Lawton turned out, what a waste of a #1 pick.
Usually high school players play rep hockey AA-AAA and play high school hockey as well.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not sure I mind the players, but I hate the deployment of. McGroaty on the first line? He's gotta earn that, and it will take a couple years.

Coyle, I hate Coyle as a RW.
Zacha, I want him as first line LW, not 3rd line C

I think McGroaty's game right out of the box is going to land him an NHL roster spot to a team that has room for him and putting him with one of the best goal scorers and point producers in the league is only going to help him and his early NHL development IMO.

I think Zacha is a fine player but I think he would look good on the third line with two other bigger bodies with above average two way skills where they can be your hard matchup checking line. I want Poitras getting offensive starts with a top six winger like Marchand and Coyle isn't as bad on the wing as some think; he's also there to help cover for Poitras when he gets his young player moments.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
McGroarty can play RW I believe, so I think if we did trade for him and he won a top 6 spot the likely deployment would be:
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-McGroarty
I think this is the ideal If this played out. It saves you money you would of spent in FA on a top 6 W and allows you to spend that money to bring in a top 4 D like Zadorov or Skjei

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I think McGroaty's game right out of the box is going to land him an NHL roster spot to a team that has room for him and putting him with one of the best goal scorers and point producers in the league is only going to help him and his early NHL development IMO.

I think Zacha is a fine player but I think he would look good on the third line with two other bigger bodies with above average two way skills where they can be your hard matchup checking line. I want Poitras getting offensive starts with a top six winger like Marchand and Coyle isn't as bad on the wing as some think; he's also there to help cover for Poitras when he gets his young player moments.
I’m one of Coyle biggest critics and I agree he’d be a fantastic 2RW with the right line mates.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Lysell is a much lesser unproven player. I don't believe for a second Lysell will ever be a regular for the Bruins
I'm in agreement with you. I just don't think it would cost Lysell + 25OA. If the 25OA is in play for this player (potentially), could it be a pick swap?

To Win:
Fabian Lysell
#25 OA 2024

To Bos:
Rutger McRoarty
#37 OA 2024

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe but that's still steep price to pay for a prospect.

If the Bruins wanted to trade up in tonight's draft, how far do you think Lysell and 25 would get you? I wouldn't think you could crack the top 15, although maybe if there was a 10-15 team who loved him. If you traded Lysell what could you get in the draft? Maybe a mid second if you find someone who likes him

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
McGroaty is an arrogant spoiled kid that I don't want in the Bruins dressing room.
Anyone who demands to play in the NHL without paying his dues will just cause problems down the road.
What are you basing this off of? Your insider knowledge and close personal relationship with him? He doesn't want to play in Winnipeg and wants to play. I grew up in Manitoba and if I was an American player I wouldn't want to spend my first 3-6 years there to be honest. One of the coldest places on the planet, and pretty small and lifeless city with lots of crime. Love my home province but to call home arrogant and soiled goes against the high character, winning nature of this kid. I'd love to see them acquire him.

Reactions: CDJ and BigGoalBrad

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
McGroaty is a top prospect. It’s going to cost to get him. Getting him would be massive for us. We don’t have any talented prospects with his size and skill. I would be thrilled with Pasta, Charlie Mac, Swayman and McGroaty,Poitras,Lohrei. Great blend of youth and younger Vets. Should be a contending team for a while.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
McGroaty is an arrogant spoiled kid that I don't want in the Bruins dressing room.
Anyone who demands to play in the NHL without paying his dues will just cause problems down the road.
id watch the video Wally shared, all makes sense when you look how they've deployed Perfetti whose 100% earned playing time.

Reactions: TobanWest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad