Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well that description they gave does kind of .Not sure what kind of description they gave Krejci at the time.
He plays alot heavier then Krecji using his body alot more .The Bruins could easily use this kid and should try hard to make that trade.I am all for getting good young players on cheaper deals that have talent.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
-Sign Lindholm
-Acquire Ehlers (pretty sure it’s been mentioned the Jets want to move on- 1 year left on contract) and McGroarty

Id look to send a few expiring contracts in the deal (obviously have to give to get as well)-

1st (25OA) + Lysell/Merkulov + Frederic (he’s due for a raise next year) and/or Geekie (same situation as Freddy) +??
For Ehlers and McGroarty

That helps you this year and gives you some options with cap space next offseason
Wouldn’t need to think twice on this one.

However, the elite move would be to see if you could get Perfetti and Mcgroarty for that same package, but a lower pick/no pick instead of our first.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I would not mind McGroarty. Sounds like a guy the organization could use in their stable.

He is a more proven prospect than most of the choices we would have available at 25. I don't mind giving him some middle 6 time in October to give him a taste of the NHL and go from there. I want to see Lysell and Merkulov as well. Would be nice to have 1 middle 6 wing that we can cycle non-waiver prospects through. Geekie can move around to cover as necessary.

Dont think there are any barriers here other than asking price.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Would you deal Lohrei for McGroarty if you signed Sjkei

I get it, it’s imaginary world

Lou & myself had same answer
We could sign Skjei for free. So it comes down to who is more valuable: Lohrei or McGroarty?
I was taught that D for the most part are more valuable than forwards, with C and slotting being exceptions etc.
That said, I think a 1/2 D is more valuable than a 1W/2C. Not to mention that Lohrei is somewhat proven at the pro-level.
Winterpeg needs to add.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Signing Lindholm makes sense, but they shouldn't stop at that. I really don't like either Coyle or Zacha as 2C.

Zegras would be great value 2C trade.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
McGroarty steps in and takes over the DeBrusk spot. I'm in the camp he ends up as a winger.

McGroarty -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Marchand -- Poitras -- Coyle

Frederic -- Zacha -- Geekie

Beecher -- Kast -- Brazaeu

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Got a feeling Sweeney will play it vanilla.
Lindholm. Swayman. Heinen.

Kinda hope 25OA is Letourneau unless Boisvert is available.

He needs to get 2 out of 3 of center, winger, and D. Sounds like the target will be Lindholm at Center, don't know which defenseman or winger he will acquire. No way he settles for just Lindholm and Heinen.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Got a feeling Sweeney will play it vanilla.
Lindholm. Swayman. Heinen.

Kinda hope 25OA is Letourneau unless Boisvert is available.
I’m hoping so bad they pick Letourneau. I know he likely never hits the potential but a 6’7 center that can move like that and isn’t a plugger in his own zone is almost too much to pass up in an impact C prospect starved org like the B’s currently.

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
McGroarty steps in and takes over the DeBrusk spot. I'm in the camp he ends up as a winger.

Not sure I mind the players, but I hate the deployment of. McGroaty on the first line? He's gotta earn that, and it will take a couple years.

Coyle, I hate Coyle as a RW.
Zacha, I want him as first line LW, not 3rd line C

Drift

Jan 9, 2012

Looks pretty solid and realistic if we get McGroarty. I would rather Coyle as center though, he is better there than on the wing.

Coyle 3C
Zacha 1LW
Can McGroarty play RW? ha

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I would not mind McGroarty. Sounds like a guy the organization could use in their stable.

He is a more proven prospect than most of the choices we would have available at 25. I don't mind giving him some middle 6 time in October to give him a taste of the NHL and go from there. I want to see Lysell and Merkulov as well. Would be nice to have 1 middle 6 wing that we can cycle non-waiver prospects through. Geekie can move around to cover as necessary.

Dont think there are any barriers here other than asking price.
Every NHL team will be lining up for this guy.
Let the bidding war start.

Reactions: Tbaybruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 9
    Staked: $30,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: