Prospect Info: 2024 - #34 Overall - RD Dominik Badinka

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
8DA183A3-B145-42DA-8335-D4C385F8F590.jpeg

First, in my McKeens he's listed at 27.

Second, I'm trademarking Ba-Da Ba-Da Badinka!!!!

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Out of all of the players the Canes picked, this is the one that I'm most excited about. The Canes have needed a spiritual successor to Pesce in our pipeline for a while, and while Chatfield certainly could be an excellent stopgap for us, Badinka is the first righty that we've drafted this high who can potentially fit that profile long-term (Legault may pull it off if all the stars align but it's FAR less likely). Morrow is more like our successor to Faulk/Hamilton/Burns.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Out of all of the players the Canes picked, this is the one that I'm most excited about. The Canes have needed a spiritual successor to Pesce in our pipeline for a while, and while Chatfield certainly could be an excellent stopgap for us, Badinka is the first righty that we've drafted this high who can potentially fit that profile long-term (Legault may pull it off if all the stars align but it's FAR less likely). Morrow is more like our successor to Faulk/Hamilton/Burns.
Nikishin?

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don’t see Chatfield as an “excellent” stopgap for a team with cup aspirations. In fairness though, he’s far surpassed my expectations to date. Skating is his biggest strength, but Pesce’s was how quickly he processed the game and his positioning, particularly winning board battles. I don’t see that with Chatfield.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
The idea that anyone even bothers to try to predict an 18 year olds likelihood of making the nhl to this degreee of accuracy is hilarious to me.
Don't disagree but that's what recruiting services do....I suspect they get more right then wrong but clearly time will tell on all our picks.

FWIW: if you don't agree with the bad then you shouldn't ring the bell when someone provides a good one either.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00