Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Ty Anderson should stick to talking hockey with Felger, what a clown to even give this air time

He must be having a trash Bruins segment coming this weekend
Yeah not a fan of him or his takes. Doesn't strike me as very plugged In either. Just my opinion....

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Where's the hole going to be? Unless someone is getting moved out there shouldn't be a hole that Heinen should fill

Jake wing. No Guarentee we will get the guy we go after to fill that. Would like to see Lysell there, but I don't know where he stands with the org. A more informed poster than I can comment on that. But I am not sold on him being pencilled in for next season as much as others here do.

Reactions: Gordoff

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
To me he’s the bellweather for whether they are serious about contending, for the exact reasons you mention.

If he’s on line 1, 2, or 3 they aren’t good enough to sniff a cup, because it means they didn’t improve the top 6 enough to ensure that line three consists of 3 out of Coyle, Poitras, Geekie, Frederic.

Their shot at contention lies in their ability to add two difference making forwards to the top 6, while providing a third line that is going win their matchup most nights.

They can win a cup with:

Pasta, Zacha, Marchand, one of Lindholm, Stephenson, Monahan, one of Kane, Tarasenko, and Geekie or Frederic in the top 6.

Geekie/Frederic, Coyle or Poitras on line 3.

Beecher, Lauko, Kastelic, possibly Boqvist (who will probably be cheaper than Heinen) or maybe Kuntar on line 4.

Screw the plays up and down the lineup garbage. Unless he wants to be here for 1.5-1.75, which he probably won’t…he’s not worth it.

Especially with the Korpisalo disaster, you can’t spend 2.75 or more on a guy who’s best skill is that “he won’t hurt you too bad if he needs to fill in for someone better”.

Among everyone I placed in the above lineup, he’s only better than a few guys in the bottom 6……but all of them make less and are already signed (or will make less in the case of Boqvist).

He’s entirely Unnecessary.
I guess some are satisfied with being good regular season teams and not being able to get over the hump. They need to save some $$$ somewhere if they plan on keeping Korpisalo and handing Heinen $2M+ isn't going to allow them to have the flexibility to make the improvements that they need.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I guess some are satisfied with being good regular season teams and not being able to get over the hump. They need to save some $$$ somewhere if they plan on keeping Korpisalo and handing Heinen $2M+ isn't going to allow them to have the flexibility to make the improvements that they need.
Imagine a roster that would have 3 mil for Korpisalo, 2.5 million for Peeke, 2 million for Heinen and 1.3 mil for the loving memory of Mike Reilly before you even venture into free agency.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
Jake wing. No Guarentee we will get the guy we go after to fill that. Would like to see Lysell there, but I don't know where he stands with the org. A more informed poster than I can comment on that. But I am not sold on him being pencilled in for next season as much as others here do.
Again if Heinen is your Jake replacement than that's a big issue. There are plenty of players available (who all have warts of their own) who should come in at a price that works, that are more suitable in top 6 roles

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
At the end of the day, the team with the best player wins the deal.
Right now, the Sens are the winner.
Let's circle back once Korpsy plays 20 games.
The unknown/crapshoot is the first rounder. If I was DS I would swing for the fences and draft a high risk / high reward player vs a safe pick.....and pick the best player available.
Perhaps you are not familiar with how HF works. If the player the Bruins select is ranked higher by the pundits then where they draft him, it's a steal. A homerun. A real back slapper. If the player is rated lower than where the Bruins take him the lists are all garbage, nobody knows what they are talking about and you are stupid for raising any sort of disagreement.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Perhaps you are not familiar with how HF works. If the player the Bruins select is ranked higher by the pundits then where they draft him, it's a steal. A homerun. A real back slapper. If the player is rated lower than where the Bruins take him the lists are all garbage, nobody knows what they are talking about and you are stupid for raising any sort of disagreement.
I just want to know which list we’re all using Lou.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
How are you deciding who the best player available is? The Bruins will pick who they think the best player available is - what will you use to decide who the BPA really is?
Each team has their own draft lists.
The point I am making is we should not pick a Center just because we are short on depth, If there is a higher rated winger or dee available on our list pick that player.

Our last 2 first picks were Freddy ( 29) and Beecher (30).
Both two decent players, Beecher still a bottom 6, Freddy a dependable 3rd liner.

A safe player at 25 would be Cole Beaudoin, a center from Barrie Colts that I like.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Each team has their own draft lists.
The point I am making is we should not pick a Center just because we are short on depth, If there is a higher rated winger or dee available on our list pick that player.

Our last 2 first picks were Freddy ( 29) and Beecher (30).
Both two decent players, Beecher still a bottom 6, Freddy a dependable 3rd liner.

A safe player at 25 would be Cole Beaudoin, a center from Barrie Colts that I like.

Beaudoin would be very much in line with those last 2 picks. I wouldn't be upset, but I could see poeple who were upset at those picks being upset if they draft Beaudoin

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
Imagine a roster that would have 3 mil for Korpisalo, 2.5 million for Peeke, 2 million for Heinen and 1.3 mil for the loving memory of Mike Reilly before you even venture into free agency.
I actually don't mind Peeke in his role, he's a little overpaid but I think he'll be just fine on that bottom pair.

Hell I think Korpisalo will put up decent numbers here, but that isn't the issue. Taking on a $3M backup longterm just to get in on the tail end of a weak first round draft was just plain stupid. Bussi or some other cheap vet (Wedgewood,DeSmith) would of been just fine to fill in for 25 games.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It's mostly tongue and cheek. Literally 60 players they could take at 25 would be fine IMO. I would say McKenzie is the most plugged in. You pick the 45th guy or so at 25 on McKenzies list you can be sure they weren't the only one who had that player pretty high.
Right. McKenzie’s list is based on 10 NHL scouts.

Huge variance this year. But that won’t stop people from
Saying we didn’t take the mythical Best Player Available.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I actually don't mind Peeke in his role, he's a little overpaid but I think he'll be just fine on that bottom pair.

Hell I think Korpisalo will put up decent numbers here, but that isn't the issue. Taking on a $3M backup longterm just to get in on the tail end of a weak first round draft was just plain stupid. Bussi or some other cheap vet (Wedgewood,DeSmith) would of been just fine to fill in for 25 games.
I would have thought and hoped the strategy going in was to save as much as you needed to get those two top 6 forwards, including a center, considering you are prob at about 8 mil for Swayman. You increased your backup goalie from under a mil w Bussi to 3 mil. Peeke at 2.5 is meh, means you prob aren't spending much to fortify the left side third pair. Your third line wings should already have Freddy and Geekie on it at just under 5 mil, unless Geekie is your center and Poitras is riding the bus.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You don’t get it. Sweeney is basically paying $1.5 million for a 1st round pick. How do you value a 1st rd pick? Korpi is a decent backup who’s overpaid by about $1.5. NO KORPI = NO 1st. “Shit goalie”. Lol. Can’t wait to see you eat some after the season ends
I don’t think you’re "getting it” to be honest here. Korpi value was at an all time low, terrible season and a terrible contract and there were many reports saying the Sens were contemplating buying him out if they couldn’t find any takers.

Usually when u trade for a bad contract you get compensated. Sweeney failed here big time. I don’t care if Korpi wins the Vezina Sweeney got taken to the wood shed by a rookie GM. He should of recieved at least a 2nd for taking on Korpi and his contract.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Right. McKenzie’s list is based on 10 NHL scouts.

Huge variance this year. But that won’t stop people from
Saying we didn’t take the mythical Best Player Available.
For sure. Will always happen. That's what makes the draft day threads comedy gold looking back years later because they are hitting more often than not. I have no worries this year about whomever they pick.

Beaudoin would be very much in line with those last 2 picks. I wouldn't be upset, but I could see poeple who were upset at those picks being upset if they draft Beaudoin
people flipped out when they took Beecher like 9 spots before where he was "listed" It's a great night and I missed having a first. These boards are fantastic draft night

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I would have thought and hoped the strategy going in was to save as much as you needed to get those two top 6 forwards, including a center, considering you are prob at about 8 mil for Swayman. You increased your backup goalie from under a mil w Bussi to 3 mil. Peeke at 2.5 is meh, means you prob aren't spending much to fortify the left side third pair. Your third line wings should already have Freddy and Geekie on it at just under 5 mil, unless Geekie is your center and Poitras is riding the bus.
I thought that would of been the strategy. Trade Ullmark for futures(if you weren't getting a good asset that was going to help right now) and use everything available to bolster those 2 top 6 spots. Yet here we are with an overpriced backup and rumors of giving Heinen a nice pay raise.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad