Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like Bert is going to market (for those looking to bring him back), more interestingly, Skinner is likely bought out, would be a perfect fit with Marchand and Coyle and a cheap option to allow them money to bring in another LD and bump Wotherspoon to no7.

Thinking along the lines of Duchene last year, 1 or 2 years around 3million would be a great target and a cheap way to add 20-30 goals. doesnt replace Jake as a PK'er but we cant ice a lineup of exclusively 2way players. need to have more finishing and offensive acumen.

yeah i could get behind skinner, especially at that price. Far more interested there than Bert.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't know about that. I watched him in the Vancouver series and last year with Calgary when we were rumored to be trying to trade for him. He's a pretty energetic player. He's also bigger and more physical than I thought. He averages around 100 hits and 50 takeaways a season so he's certainly driving in terms of creating turnovers and transition.

He also rated pretty high in terms of play driving micro stats in '23; primary assists (86th percentile), primary shot assists (77%), shot contributions (77%), shots off high danger passes (93%). All those numbers took a hit this year so there is definitely some risk. Did his play drop because of injuries or something else?

Personally I think his big year was a result of two strong play drivers on either wing and what we've seen the past two years is the real Elias Lindholm. 50-60 pt. two-way center.

That being said, if one is an NHL GM you can't just sit there and completely ignore that year and expect to sign the player. Good luck making that argument with his agent.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Barring a trade, a home run draft pick, or a Poitras explosion, Boston won’t have a bonafide top tier 1C for a bit. That’s fine, we were fortunate to have 2 of them with Bergeron and Krecji for years. The all star names people see on next summer FA list will likely all sign with their existing teams or be traded for absolute hauls (Drai).

Go out and get Lindholm. He’s the best center you can get without subtracting right now, and is by far and a way an improvement in the middle, also strengthening wing by moving Zacha there. Stephenson is great and has wheels, but not as good of a playmaker. If you somehow grabbed Reinhardt but didn’t have a big upgrade in the middle like some are suggesting, it would be like having under inflated tires at the racetrack - looks good on paper, but doesn’t perform for what you paid for. I’d take Guenztel over him if given the option as you aren’t paying for that outlier record year and championship premium.

Lindholm + an offensive minded shooter likely gets you further these last playoffs where the biggest issue was simply not scoring. Kastelic addition should quiet the grit guys too.
I agree get Lindholm. It's a start in the right direction. Need to improve the center position and he is your best bet. I think we can still win with him, even though he's probably best served as #2 center. With some play driving wingers like Pasta, Marchand and PP time, he should do fine here and his defensive play will be appreciated.

I feel like the formula when you don't have a bonafide #1 center is to go the Blues route...they didn't have any ppg players but they were tough, defensively sound, structured and big.

Gotta get some some May-June type of players and you just hope you can grind a team down enough to beat them

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Yup me as well

if he doesn’t sign gotta admit I will be surprised
Seems like the Bruins have kept tabs on him for a couple of years now.

Stars are finally aligning for it to happen. Signing him along with Swayman likely means you are going bargain hunting for your second line wing.

Can’t fix all your problems in one offseason though. Hope people realize that.

Reactions: lopey and DKH

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Seems like the Bruins have kept tabs on him for a couple of years now.

Stars are finally aligning for it to happen. Signing him along with Swayman likely means you are going bargain hunting for your second line wing.

Can’t fix all your problems in one offseason though. Hope people realize that.
No but you can create more.

Reactions: Gordoff

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lindholm needs play drivers on both wings to get the most out of him as he's a complimentary player.

You could say the same about Bergeron when it came to 5 on 5 production, too. I think the comparison between them is lazy. Lindholm is probably a better passer and Bergeron was better at a list too long for me to list, but I think both rely on other folks to drive in the offensive zone and in transition with the puck.

Reactions: BruinDust

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
If we intend to keep Korpisalo, Sweeney better be working some magic with the Swayman signing. It better not start with an 8 unless its years. 7 years, 6.5 million, 45.5 million. Then, and only then will I forgive him for the Korpisalo deal.
At this stage in his career, he is worth 6.5-7M a year, right behind Sorokin and Hellybuyck IMO.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You could say the same about Bergeron when it came to 5 on 5 production, too. I think the comparison between them is lazy. Lindholm is probably a better passer and Bergeron was better at a list too long for me to list, but I think both rely on other folks to drive in the offensive zone and in transition with the puck.

I agree 100%.

At the end of the day, Patrice Bergeron might just be the NHL's greatest complimentary player. That's not meant to be disrespectful. His hockey IQ made him a great fit with pretty much anyone. I'd argue on the Perfection line he was the complimentary guy to 63 and 88. In the World Cup, he was the compliment to 63 and 87. It's not a knock it's just how he played and how he fit. Conversely, when they tried him and Marchand with Loui Eriksson it didn't work Eriksson is another guy who I'd call a complimentary player. A lot of times guys who are average skaters with elite reads and IQ end up being best suited as the compliment to two drivers.

Going back to Lindholm, I think you give Marchand and Pasta and you'll get a fair bit more production out of him. I could see 70-80 points, maybe 25-30 goals.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Saw that the Sabres may be buying out Jeff Skinner? That could be a cheap and effective top 6 add.
I keep seeing this.

I need help to understand I think.

I'm assuming he plays LW. Which means we'd have to go
Skinner - Zacha - Pastrnak

There's something I'm missing about his fit

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Based on the 55M cap space they have and 11 open contracts, I can see them landing two big free agents.
Here is my team if I’m GM & can get guys

1. Swayman extended 4/26 ~6.5 M per

Zacha -E Lindholm - Pastrnak

Marchand - Coyle - Sprong

Frederic- Geekie - Brazeau/Lysell
* Poitras when healthy

Beecher - Boqvist - *Braz/Kastelic
Lauko

Lindholm- McAvoy
Lohrei- Carlo
Dillon - Peeke
Spoon

Swayman
Bussi/korpi

Wild card singing mantha

Heinen

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (13)
Right Wing: David Pastrnak ($11,250,000) - Anthony Mantha ($3,250,000) - Daniel Sprong ($2,750,000) - Mark Kastelic ($835,000) - Justin Brazeau ($775,000)

Centre: Elias Lindholm ($8,000,000) - Charlie Coyle ($5,250,000) - Trent Frederic ($2,300,000) - Morgan Geekie ($2,000,000)

Left Wing: Brad Marchand ($6,125,000) - Pavel Zacha ($4,750,000) - Danton Heinen ($1,500,000) - John Beecher ($925,000)

DEFENSE (8)
Right: Charlie McAvoy ($9,500,000) - Brandon Carlo ($4,100,000) - Andrew Peeke ($2,750,000) - Lucas Carlsson ($1,000,000)

Left: Hampus Lindholm ($6,500,000) - Mason Lohrei ($925,000) - TJ Brodie ($1,000,000) - Parker Wotherspoon ($800,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
Jeremy Swayman ($7,000,000) - Brandon Bussi ($775,000)

BURIED (1)
Joonas Korpisalo ($1,850,000)

BUYOUTS (1)
Mike Reilly ($1,333,334)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
Salary Cap: $88,000,000
Bonus Overages: $50,000
Cap Hit: $87,293,334
Cap Space: $706,666

Bottom pair D still weak...Lauko to Utah for a 4th

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He had some good regular seasons...meh on regular seasons, what matters is the playoffs.

I have no clue ... I hate presenting contract deals but here we go
$4x4
- Dude is a playoff warrior BULL (4 playoff experiences)
- In 50 PA games he has 7 goals and 19 helpers a +2 , averaging 57% at the dot a high 66% against the bruins and low 51%
- Domi surprised me this playoff and would love to see him on the bruins
- HF board fans would have a Dom and Domi to cheer about

Stephenson (cheaper alternative to Lindy, cup winner so a winner, speed, scoring)
Coyle (proven 2nd line center)
Domi (aggressive playoff pro who can dominate at the dot)

Add D

Lindholm and Steve are same age
Steve much better playoff +/-, Lindy a -
Steve heavier player with more speed
Equal F/O
The $1-3 million in cap savings with Steve will benefit other areas of need on the team
Steve has interesting look and Lindholm too model like LOL
Meh I don’t see it. Domi scored 1G & 3A in the 1st round this year (7 games). DeBrusk whom we are almost all okay with letting him walk totaled 5G 6A 11P (13 games). I’d much rather hand DeBrusk 6.5m per for his 20 goals than Domi for 8 (on a stacked Leafs team).

Assuming the Bruins land Lindholm or Stephenson, I don’t see the need to add Domi just for his FO%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad