Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Allen is going to cost something...and if RyJo is included (which would surprise me), we're going to be paying even more for the cap dump. Unless CMac got the Habs on some special juice?

Ya I have a feeling this is going to be awful.

It does absolutely nothing for our cap situation next year either.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Jake Allen is under contract for this year and next at 3.85M and doesn’t solve any of our goaltending issues. Did we just shift the boat anchor of a contract from 2C to backup goalie?

Atleast it signals a trade for a center will happen.

Reactions: xAvsx89

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Shipping Ryjo out even for Allen is a fantastic sign. Means we'll be most definitely trading for a 2C come trade deadline.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Jake Allen is under contract for this year and next at 3.85M and doesn’t solve any of our goaltending issues. Did we just shift the boat anchor of a contract from 2C to backup goalie? What am I missing?

Yeah that's exactly what's happening if we do end up trading for Allen.

Very much hoping this is fake. Watch us even attach like a 3rd to RyJo for Allen.

Reactions: NateTheGreat

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeah that's exactly what's happening if we do end up trading for Allen.

Very much hoping this is fake. Watch us even attach like a 3rd to RyJo for Allen.
I mean, the team needs a backup. What they're doing with Georgiev is sheer idiocy. Imagine if he gets injured and we get to watch Annunen start...? Allen satisfies me as the #1B. What concerns me are the additions to pay for him and dump RyJo...especially if they're angling for retention on Allen (which they really should be).

Reactions: Alienblood

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I doubt Montreal would retain anything. They already have taken 2 slot retentions for this year and one for next year. If they retain on Allen that means 3/3 this year (can't retain at the deadline) and start next year with 2/3.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I doubt Montreal would retain anything. They already have taken 2 slot retentions for this year and one for next year. If they retain on Allen that means 3/3 this year (can't retain at the deadline) and start next year with 2/3.
You’re probably correct, but MTL needs to retain for this to make any sense for the Avs.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
That should make it a no thank you from the Avs side. They can´t go into next season with an average backup making nearly 4M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad