Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Gotta either be fake or they’re working out a couple smaller pieces.

Feeling like the Blake Coleman to Avs leak all over again though.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Allen and RyJo both have the same contracts practically

Switching them for each doesnt really accomplish much. I mean, it does a little.
In theory, we’ve helped an area of need without using any cap space.

The more I type, the more I see SOME logic to it.

But that type of move would definitely mean some type of forward acqusition is coming as well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Jake Allen is under contract for this year and next at 3.85M and doesn’t solve any of our goaltending issues. Did we just shift the boat anchor of a contract from 2C to backup goalie?

Atleast it signals a trade for a center will happen.
Guess it depends on the deal… Allen at 50% or even down in the 2‘s isn‘t really too problematic because this team desperately needs another goalie. The cost would be my worry and how much that affects getting a C.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Was not expecting Byram’s decay in performance given what he was able to demonstrate the first year and half or so in the league. His disappointing play to me seems mental, we know he’s far too talented to be playing this timidly.
And the signing of Toews, does Byram want to step up and show them they made a mistake signing Toews.

I believe he's going through the motions but fully expect him to pick up his play when the real season begins.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Guess it depends on the deal… Allen at 50% or even down in the 2‘s isn‘t really too problematic because this team desperately needs another goalie. The cost would be my worry and how much that affects getting a C.
Yeah I can see the logic in a 50% retained Allen for RyJo as it would save us close to 2M for this year and next. Obviously prefer clearing RyJo’s salary without taking any back but that seems unrealistic given the cost. Now that the deal was leaked and squashed, I have my doubts the Avs go thru with it.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

1708019438646.png

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I can see the logic in a 50% retained Allen for RyJo as it would save us close to 2M for this year and next. Obviously prefer clearing RyJo’s salary without taking any back but that seems unrealistic given the cost. Now that the deal was leaked and squashed, I have my doubts the Avs go thru with it.
I mean the Avs need a goalie regardless. So gaining ~2mil in cap space and filling a major need would still in the end be a positive. But yeah realistically RyJo isn’t getting moved without cap being brought back.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Interesting that Columbus waits until now.

Is it possible the Avs could benefit from waiting things out? If a lot of GMs are making moves early but then closer to the deadline more sellers emerge, that could shift the supply vs demand dynamic somewhat. Selling GMs will still be somewhat like landlords and won't go below a certain price no matter what the market says is fair but there might be fewer competitors at least.
there are fewer competitors at the deadline anyhow. During the summer brings in all teams

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I've been having a look at Wennberg's stats this morning and my god, would that ever be a Lars-Eller/Derrick Brassard type of acquisition :

- Suprisingly, he's leading kraken forwards in icetime this season with 18:43 mins per game
- Even with the most ice-time per game, he's only put up 21 points in 53 GP
- That's a 39 point pace for a guy playing in the Top-6

He wouldn't be a bad acquisition as a #3C but in no way should the Avs think we're going to plug this guy in with 'better wingers' and it's going to instantly pay dividends. In the end, we'd end up with a guy who'd be overwhelmed playing too high in the lineup, an inefficient 2nd line and a top-line that would be easier to lock-down. They gotta do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad