Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Why? Allen would be a solid 1B. My only worry is his salary prevents us from making other moves.
He would be a solid backup, but no way they can afford him, especially next year. Granted, if Landy comes back, next year is looking vey bad from a cap standpoint regardless.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Georgiev is still safe for playing 70 games this year. Also I’m not sure why people take what those guys on Spittin Chiclets say seriously. They are doing their podcast on shrooms and stuff. Jake Allen probably looks like a 2 headed dragon to them when they were trying to break the news he was traded to Avs
I don’t know what people doing recreational drugs in their spare time has to do with this but that Murley guy is legit somewhat connected and hasn’t (to my knowledge) actually tweeted stuff like this out often before, if ever. The fact that the Dreger’s and Lebrun’s of the world commented on this rumor within less than an hour proves the guy has some respect. If he was a nobody Twitter guy, nobody would ever address it.

Seems like a it’s dead, but this guy heard something he believed in. He spends his days in European pro arenas and is really good friends with a lot of NHL front office staff. He knew about Roy to the Isles. He was the first to confirm Montgomery in Boston.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I would take Allen at 50%, definitely. It's not about "is he better than Georgiev", it's about him being NHL capable backup that we still lack.

The problem is, for us to get Allen, Montreal would have to retain money, and probably take back RyJo. That would cost a lot of assets no doubt.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I mean they’ve called stuff before. They called the Barrie to TO trade and the babcock stuff. They have plenty of connections league wide so them announcing trades isn’t too surprising at times.
TBF, the Barrie trade wasn't hard, I called that right after Bo was drafted and I'm rarely if ever right.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
it sounds like there’s definitely been discussion. I wonder if it would be something even bigger. I’d be all over something like this as a base if Allen could be retained but as somebody above mentioned that seems highly unlikely given Montreal’s lack of retention spaces. In saying that, they don’t really have a whole lot of other valuable assets they’re shipping out which would require retention so who knows?

To Colorado:
Allen (50%)
Evans

To Montreal:
2024 1st
2025 2nd
Johansen

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It could also be that this is a deal that there and on hold.

It’s not like the Avs can really afford to trade RyJo even if he sucks.

It’s going to create even more strain and ice time for the remaining players.

Could the Allen deal be ready to go once the Avs find a forward trade?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
it sounds like there’s definitely been discussion. I wonder if it would be something even bigger. I’d be all over something like this as a base if Allen could be retained but as somebody above mentioned that seems highly unlikely given Montreal’s lack of retention spaces. In saying that, they don’t really have a whole lot of other valuable assets they’re shipping out which would require retention so who knows?

To Colorado:
Allen (50%)
Evans

To Montreal:
2024 1st
2025 2nd
Johansen
That's not the value. Habs fans would have been thrilled to get rid of Allen for nothing - I got a buddy who figured if that trade was real that it would be for a 7th at best. They've got 3 goalies right now and want to keep Monty + Primeau.

Allen for Ryjo - 1 for 1 works for both sides. The Avs get a backup with another year left on his contract - who's having a crappy year and wasn't great last year either. The habs get the opportunity to 'Monahan' RyJo by putting him in a better situation offensively with lots of PP time to boost his stats and try to get a decent pick at next year's deadline. RyJo will likely start working harder being in the last year of his deal (if he wants another one). Win-win.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That's not the value. Habs fans would have been thrilled to get rid of Allen for nothing - I got a buddy who figured if that trade was real that it would be for a 7th at best.

Allen for Ryjo - 1 for 1 works for both sides. The Avs get a backup with another year left on his contract - who's having a crappy year and wasn't great last year either. The habs get the opportunity to 'Monahan' RyJo by putting him in a better situation offensively with lots of PP time to boost his stats and try to get a decent pick at next year's deadline. RyJo will likely start working harder being in the last year of his deal (if he wants another one). Win-win.
I think you’re disregarding the retention in my proposal. That’s where that value comes from.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

To Colorado:
Allen (50%)
Evans

To Montreal:
2024 1st
2025 2nd
Johansen

Personally would hate this.

I'd move that exact package for Dowd + Lindgren with 50% on dowd, but I wouldn't move it for the Montreal Duo. They're much weaker players IMO.

Reactions: The Moops

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think you’re disregarding the retention in my proposal. That’s where that value comes from.
Ah right... I did miss that.

I'd be surprised if they still did that - seems pretty expensive for $2M in cap space and Jake Evans who's at $1.7M if I'm not mistaken.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
That's not the value. Habs fans would have been thrilled to get rid of Allen for nothing - I got a buddy who figured if that trade was real that it would be for a 7th at best. They've got 3 goalies right now and want to keep Monty + Primeau.

That doesn't really solve anything though. You are just swapping one overpayed position for another.

Reactions: Foppa2118

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I find the timing of Annunen playing tonight very suspicious. Why tonight when George is about to get two days off? It would make more sense if Annunen would get the DET game next week when we play 4 games in the week. Somebody might want to have a look at him as a piece in a trade maybe?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I find the timing of Annunen playing tonight very suspicious. Why tonight when George is about to get two days off? It would make more sense if Annunen would get the DET game next week when we play 4 games in the week. Somebody might want to have a look at him as a piece in a trade maybe?

Haha if the objective is to showcase Fatty for a trade, I don't think that tonight is a good idea considering that Kucherov is out and about scoring at will.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
That doesn't really solve anything though. You are just swapping one overpayed position for another.
Well you are partially solving a problem.
The Avs need an NHL backup. Allen provides that.
RyJo isn’t really providing anything.

So we’re swapping a player we don’t want for a player we need, without adding cap or wasting assets.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
As I mentioned previously, it would save them close to $1M in cap space + getting them an experienced backup :

True but IF the Avs were to make that move, they'd move Annunen back to the AHL and save close to $1M in cap space just by trading RyJo. ($4M - $3.85M = $150K + $775K Annunen = $925K)

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Got my hopes up about 5 pages back, and as usual, they are dashed by the time I reach the end of the thread. Life of HFBoards Avs fan.

Reactions: The Moops

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yes, because Nuke has helped us so much during last years playoffs and this year.

It's time to move on from him. He's nothing but an unreliable distraction at this point.

Lol what?… nuke makes 6.1m and is an absolute horse out there.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
As I mentioned previously, it would save them close to $1M in cap space + getting them an experienced backup :

True but IF the Avs were to make that move, they'd move Annunen back to the AHL and save close to $1M in cap space just by trading RyJo. ($4M - $3.85M = $150K + $775K Annunen = $925K)
You seem to forget that you need to replace Johanson with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad