Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wouldn't mind Allen if Montreal takes Johansen back. Salaries match, addition by subtraction removing Johansen and Allen, while in no ways a starter, is at least an NHL caliber goalie and can spell Georgiev more frequently.

Reactions: Alienblood

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Allen and RyJo both have the same contracts practically

Switching them for each doesnt really accomplish much. I mean, it does a little.
In theory, we’ve helped an area of need without using any cap space.

The more I type, the more I see SOME logic to it.

But that type of move would definitely mean some type of forward acqusition is coming as well.
I had this same thought process.

Swap salaries, help an area of need, and maybe Allen does well enough he can be shipped out over the summer. More likely to find a taker for Allen than you are RyJo, perhaps?

Reactions: Alienblood

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Unless you know something we don't, he hasn't?

But honestly it wouldn't be surprising if he did. It would explain a lot of the problems with his game this year for sure.

:facepalm: I shouldn't even be surprised.

Yes, because Nuke has helped us so much during last years playoffs and this year.

It's time to move on from him. He's nothing but an unreliable distraction at this point.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Allen and RyJo both have the same contracts practically

Switching them for each doesnt really accomplish much. I mean, it does a little.
In theory, we’ve helped an area of need without using any cap space.

The more I type, the more I see SOME logic to it.

But that type of move would definitely mean some type of forward acqusition is coming as well.
True but IF the Avs were to make that move, they'd move Annunen back to the AHL and save close to $1M in cap space just by trading RyJo. ($4M - $3.85M = $150K + $775K Annunen = $925K)

I also do believe that it would be a good trade for both sides since RyJo would probably do better with the habs and then next year, since he'd be in the last year of his contract, he'd probably try harder. The more power to him and the habs if they want to stomach that guy's play for a year only to get a draft pick for him next year from another delusional GM.

My only question mark for this would be if Allen can bounce back from a pretty bad season so far and he wasn't great last year either.

If i'm the Avs , i'm making calls for Fleury and see if he's available . That would be a way better option , plus he's been linked to the Avs for years.
I dunno, for whatever reason I just don't see it. Are the mild going to retain on his $3.5M salary ? Because that's more than Georgiev makes this season and that would be a pretty tough salary to fit in for a guy who's probably brought in to be the back-up, if they aren't going to retain half the money or accept RyJo in return.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man I was actually rather happy to see RyJo going the other way for Allen not because I think Allen's any good but because I can't stand RyJo.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Georgiev is still safe for playing 70 games this year. Also I’m not sure why people take what those guys on Spittin Chiclets say seriously. They are doing their podcast on shrooms and stuff. Jake Allen probably looks like a 2 headed dragon to them when they were trying to break the news he was traded to Avs

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Did Montreal go too far in representing the idea that Colorado is interested? Were they trying to manipulate some other team to offer more?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Georgiev is still safe for playing 70 games this year. Also I’m not sure why people take what those guys on Spittin Chiclets say seriously. They are doing their podcast on shrooms and stuff. Jake Allen probably looks like a 2 headed dragon to them when they were trying to break the news he was traded to Avs
I mean they’ve called stuff before. They called the Barrie to TO trade and the babcock stuff. They have plenty of connections league wide so them announcing trades isn’t too surprising at times.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I'm a little worried that the real insiders only softly shot down the rumor.

Yeah they talked about how theyve had discussions so we know the interest is there. I wonder if it getting leaked kills any interest from the Aves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad