Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Stay positive guys. Things are looking up as far as 2C is concerned. As Possibilities we now have Kovalenko, Mikko (as last resort) and let's not forget.....IIRC somebody here on HFAvs mentioned Drouin as well. :naughty::nod:;):sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Stay positive guys. Things are looking up as far as 2C is concerned. As Possibilities we now have Kovalenko, Mikko (as last resort) and let's not forget.....IIRC somebody here on HFAvs mentioned Drouin as well. :naughty::nod:;):sarcasm:
I’m somewhat already over this season 🙃

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Deadline scenarios, from most likely to least likely:

1- Henrique/Wennberg
2- No 2C (adding a winger and a bottom 6 center similar to Eller)
3- No top 6 addition
4- Long term solution (Zegras, Mittelstadt)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Deadline scenarios, from most likely to least likely:

1- Henrique/Wennberg
2- No 2C at the deadline (adding a winger and a bottom 6 center similar to Eller)
3- No top 6 addition
4- Long term solution (Zegras, Mittelstadt)

I'll take the bet that 1 and 2 can be swapped.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'll take the bet that 1 and 2 can be swapped.
I say we get Henrique and a goalie.

CMac is banking on Landy and Nuke coming back + trying Ritchie at 2C next season. He has shown that he's a gambler.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Well, that answers that

Lol keep going john davidson, you're clearly a top notch executive who's been there forever and a consistent bottom-dweller and rebuilder. You sure know what you're doing! :sarcasm:

Honestly, he's SUCH a moron. Another former goaltender, turned broadcaster (for the Rangers for a long-time) who someone decided was going to be a great GM/president when all he's ever done was prove he's no better than garth snow.

Circumstances - mostly the scarcity of other centers actually available - have made it so at this particular time, teams would be ready to pay a premium to acquire a guy like Boone Jenner. If there were 4-5 other good centers who were on non-contenders about to become UFAs, then no one is paying nearly as much for this guy than they would right now.

But he is too stupid to recognize this and is going to hang on to him because Boone is the only one who can 'mentor' the young players... not the rest of the garbage vets that he decided to bring on-board to continue to be a losing organization. He cannot and has never showed the ability to build a decent hockey team that can make the playoffs consistently... it's a frikkin' miracle that he's still employed by ANYONE.

The owner must really not give a shit because jesus christ, WTF is this :

2000-01Columbus Blue JacketsNHLDave KingOut of Playoffs
2001-02Columbus Blue JacketsNHLDave KingOut of Playoffs
2002-03Columbus Blue JacketsNHLKing, MacLean {+}Out of Playoffs
2003-04Columbus Blue JacketsNHLMacLean, Gallant {+}Out of Playoffs
2005-06Columbus Blue JacketsNHLGerard GallantOut of Playoffs
2006-07Columbus Blue JacketsNHLGallant, Agnew, Hitchcock {+}Out of Playoffs
2007-08Columbus Blue JacketsNHLKen HitchcockOut of Playoffs
2008-09Columbus Blue JacketsNHLKen HitchcockLost in round 1
2009-10Columbus Blue JacketsNHLHitchcock, Noel {+}Out of Playoffs
2010-11Columbus Blue JacketsNHLScott ArnielOut of Playoffs
2011-12Columbus Blue JacketsNHLArniel, Richards {+}Out of Playoffs
2012-13Columbus Blue JacketsNHLTodd RichardsOut of Playoffs
2013-14Columbus Blue JacketsNHLTodd RichardsLost in round 1
2014-15Columbus Blue JacketsNHLTodd RichardsOut of Playoffs
2015-16Columbus Blue JacketsNHLRichards, Tortorella {+}Out of Playoffs
2016-17Columbus Blue JacketsNHLJohn TortorellaLost in round 1
2017-18Columbus Blue JacketsNHLJohn TortorellaLost in round 1
2018-19Columbus Blue JacketsNHLJohn TortorellaLost in round 2
2019-20Columbus Blue JacketsNHLJohn TortorellaLost in round 1
2020-21Columbus Blue JacketsNHLJohn TortorellaOut of Playoffs
2021-22Columbus Blue JacketsNHLBrad LarsenOut of Playoffs
2022-23Columbus Blue JacketsNHLBrad LarsenOut of Playoffs
2023-24Columbus Blue JacketsNHLPascal VincentOut of Playoffs

Keep going, johnny boy - it's clearly working.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It’s not good that the team looks even more tired after the All Star break.. Bo even mentioned the whole team is tired from being on the road for so long.

I wouldn’t be surprised if CMac does nothing and hopes that LOC, Val, Landy and Kovy are the solutions to our problem even though they clearly won’t be.

Reactions: The Moops

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
No surprise there. Firing your GM and the new GM trading your captain would be insane.
He's hardly new. He's been there the whole time with Jarmo every step of the way. He needed to dump Jarmo though because after the moves they made last summer -> getting Provorov and Severson and the Babcock fiasco, someone had to take the blame for them being somehow just as bad as the year before.

I'll add this - IF Jenner actually said that he wants to stay (and that's a big IF because I'm not convinced I can trust anything that fat bastard davidson says) then it's probably for the best the Avs don't even trade for him at all and switch to someone like Mittlestadt who is apparently - actually available.

The reason I say that is if I'm Jenner and I've been through that kind of crap since 2013 and he still doesn't mind staying there, then I question his competitiveness and ultimate desire to win a Stanley Cup. That team will not be in a position to contend by the time his current contract is up. I get wanting 'to be part of the solution' but sometimes timing is everything and nothing says he couldn't go back there after his current contract is done. It's like Gaudreau and choosing Columbus that left most people scratching their heads... we were like - really? But then when you think back to 'johnny hockey' and his play in the playoffs, you start to make connections and say - ah yeah, ok I get it - Columbus. 💰💰💰⛳⛳⛳🏖️🏖️🏖️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad