Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh god San Jose put 6 up on Calgary. I think that doubles San Jose's goal total for the season.
Future Av Granlund even has a goal!

(Jokes people)

My guess is if there is a deal, it’s announced tomorrow afternoon for cap reasons. Takes one more day off and doesn’t cost Calgary much.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If the return for Markstrom is as high as being suggested, the goalie market is gonna suck the next 22 days
It won’t be the Mercer + Holtz + 1st that Calgary fans are bantering.

The retention is the key here… talking $7m as the ask from New Jersey.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Wow, imagine that. A team with a big need goes out and pays what it takes to fill that need with a legitimate solution.

How do other GMs manage to do this! Surely its impossible to find a good trade.
Yep. It's just getting absurd at this point. This BS lie that deals aren't there is utter garbage. If you have the drive and desire to fix a glaring hole, it can be done. Problem is CMac clearly doesn't see any holes or refuses to believe they exist.

The other thing I'm starting to believe is that CMac won't make a deal unless he is the clear winner in his mind. He doesn't seem to open to trades that are positives for both teams. You're not going to get many trades where you are the clear winner. If he won't make deals that he doesn't feel like the clear winner we are f***ed.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've mostly been jumping on the centers that you all have suggested and then watching some highlights.
Can you give me a few words on:

Frost
Zegras
Nelson
Jenner
Mittelstadt
Henrique

Who could we acquire without using Ritchie?
Frost - Not big, not fast, probably not worth it

Zegras - I think he’s an elite talent. Avs should do everything possible to get him.

Nelson - Likely not available. Good center albeit already old and likely due for a big decline soon.

Jenner - Fast (I think) gritty center, I just worry if his upside is good enough to be a legit 2C in Colorado. Also would cost a fortune to get.

Mittelstadt - Could be the answer but I’m concerned that he’s going to command way too much money in the summer. If you want to keep him I think an expensive winger (no not Mikko you fools) has to come out.

Henrique - Not a full time center. Avs need to aim higher, like Zegras.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Zegras - I think he’s an elite talent. Avs should do everything possible to get him.

Nelson - Likely not available. Good center albeit already old and likely due for a big decline soon.

Jenner - Fast (I think) gritty center, I just worry if his upside is good enough to be a legit 2C in Colorado. Also would cost a fortune to get.

Mittelstadt - Could be the answer but I’m concerned that he’s going to command way too much money in the summer. If you want to keep him I think an expensive winger (no not Mikko you fools) has to come out.

Listen, they will never do it. HOWEVER. The smart play IMO is to trade Rantanen this Summer, especially if you see Landeskog coming back and run 92/13/62 on the wings and either re-sign Drouin, integrate Kovalenko/Ritchie, or look for another UFA reclamation ala Rodrigues/Drouin to round out the top six.

This team has shown for the last 1.5 seasons top heavy roster only takes them so far.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Did we trade for Jake Allen's corpse yet?
What about Vejmelka, Vladar, Lindgren (if Caps are willing to listen to offers), or Nedeljkovic (UFA - if the Penguins become sellers)?

All those options are much better than Allen (who I think has much more to show than what transpired this season) and Fleury (who as I wrote previously, is not close to being good enough).

I am a big fan of Vladar personally. I am not sure if he can ever become a consistent .907 to .910 type of goaler because I suggest he's limited, but he's the one I would love to see get a new scenery and see if he can find more consistency in his game. That's honestly the thing he really lacks, is consistency, but that also might prevent him from ever being a goaler who can have starter-like numbers of consecutive games.

I made the argument on the Main Boards that one of the reasons why scoring is up is because the goaltending product nowadays is so bad. I do think a lot of that comes with video scouting and analytics where you focus on weak areas, but this crop of goalers is so bad. Hellebuyck and Sorokin are probably the best among them, but wouldn't touch the top 5-8 around 11-15 years ago.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Agree completely on Zegras. Has the potential to be a Tyler Seguin type trade that Dallas made years back. Guy has the potential for 80+ points every year.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Jenner would cost at least Ritchie and a 1st. Guys who play his style, can play center and at that cap hit is absurdly valuable.
I agree that he'd be expensive AND that they'd probably ask for Ritchie as well but for that team in particular, not getting Ritchie shouldn't be a deal-breaker as they are set to pick in the Top-5 yet again this year... maybe even 1st overall if they get lucky.

Besides, you kind of have to take into consideration the injury history which makes him a riskier acquisition than most. He's been missing 10 to 20 games on average every year for the past 4 years... you kind of hope that he doesn't get dinged during the playoffs.

We could offer them : a 2024 1st round pick and a conditional 2026 1st round pick*
*If the Avs win the Cup in either 2024 or 2025, it's a 2026 1st round pick (as long as Jenner plays in at least half the playoff games of the cup winning season) - otherwise it's a 2026 2nd round pick.

Then maybe add a prospect like Olausson or Foudy or whatever mid-range guy they like and that's a pretty strong package for a player like Bonne Jenner, imo.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I agree that he'd be expensive AND that they'd probably ask for Ritchie as well but for that team in particular, not getting Ritchie shouldn't be a deal-breaker as they are set to pick in the Top-5 yet again this year... maybe even 1st overall if they get lucky.

Besides, you kind of have to take into consideration the injury history which makes him a riskier acquisition than most. He's been missing 10 to 20 games on average every year for the past 4 years... you kind of hope that he doesn't get dinged during the playoffs.

We could offer them : a 2024 1st round pick and a conditional 2026 1st round pick*
*If the Avs win the Cup in either 2024 or 2025, it's a 2026 1st round pick (as long as Jenner plays in at least half the playoff games of the cup winning season) - otherwise it's a 2026 2nd round pick.

Then maybe add a prospect like Olausson or Foudy or whatever mid-range guy they like and that's a pretty strong package for a player like Bonne Jenner, imo.
I’d say there are a lot of teams that would pay more than a late 1st + late 2nd (that may but unlikely move to a 1st) + prospect likely lost in their system (OO and Foudy don’t add anything to them)

Columbus also doesn’t have to trade him anytime soon. They can wait until somebody knocks their socks off to move their captain and fan favorite

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad