Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'd rather keep assets than get Henrique. He just doesn't move the needle enough for me.

PlayerGoalsAssistsPointsxGF% @ ES
Henrique18244244.42
Colton13193251.33

Yeah, he's got 10 points more than Ross, but Colton's been playing with Logan O'Connor and Miles Wood. Not exactly known point producers.
Yeah but he's not Colton, he's a different player we can also have.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Henrique not usually playing at the pace the Avs like, is the only thing that has given me pause, but not enough to pass on him.

RJ's issue hasn't been his skating. It's been his effort. He's been playing much better lately, and it's not because he became a better skater overnight. It's because he's putting in the effort.

Henrique also has top 6 scoring instincts that don't go away. That's what separates him from a guy like Wennberg.

Him being a good goal scorer is a plus too. Avs need finishers. He's good at deflections which fits the Avs style with their point shots as well. Goal scoring centers fit the Avs well too.

You look at a guy like Parise, who admittedly plays a more Bednar friendly puck hounding style, but he's not the fastest guy either, and played a fair bit with MacKinnon against the Hawks, and didn't look out of place. A lot of that was because he also has top six scoring instincts that haven't gone away at 39.

You don't HAVE to be a super fast player to fit into Bednar's system. You just have to put in the effort and have the IQ to know where to go on the ice and when. Saad is a good example. Another guy with top six offensive instincts.

Smart players can make it work and Henrique is a smart player.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I think the truth is either Wennberg/Henrique by themselves would be a big let down and basically being set up for failure. I’d prefer Henrique but Henrique by himself isn’t enough. Your still hoping for a cinderella run.

While it wouldn’t be as good as a long term solution adding both or 1 of them + another solid piece would atleast bolster the depth behind an elite 1st line. If the D/George can play up to expectations and not like they have for a lot of the season then having the ability to roll 4 solid lines will atleast give the team a good shot.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think the truth is either Wennberg/Henrique by themselves would be a big let down and basically being set up for failure. I’d prefer Henrique but Henrique by himself isn’t enough. Your still hoping for a cinderella run.

While it wouldn’t be as good as a long term solution adding both or 1 of them + another solid piece would atleast bolster the depth behind an elite 1st line. If the D/George can play up to expectations and not like they have for a lot of the season then having the ability to roll 4 solid lines will atleast give the team a good shot.

They'd basically be adding Henrique + Val + Kovalenko and maybe Landy though. In addition to Parise who's played well. RJ's played better lately too and has a history of stepping up in the playoffs.

That's pretty good depth. So much so that one of Cogs or Kovalenko would probably sit, and both might sit in a healthy lineup with Landy.

I'd like to see them go with something like this, with Kovalenko or Cogs filling in for Landy if he's not ready in the 1st round. I think this group has the ability to beat anyone if they get solid goaltending.

Drouin - MacK - Nuke
Lehky - Henrique - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Landy - RJ - Parise

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If he’s as smart with his money as he’s been in other aspects of his life…no he hasn’t.
Exactly. He will blow through the money in few years.

No matter what, i wanna use up that 2MM we have in LTIR. Even if its for a number 6 dman who can PK. We need to take makar off the PK to rest him.
No wonder we wanted Tanev

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
I mean neither result in a team capable of a cup imo. But a team with Drouin at 2C in the playoffs is a worse team than one with Wennberg at 2C.

Sure. But it’s still a feasible practice in showing a poor use of assets that could’ve been used better.
Drouin at 20 years old did 14 points in 17 games with tampa. Montreal hurt his game. Drouin with Nichushkin and top 6 winger can be a good upgrade.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
CMAC.jpg

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Kind of a tricky spot with the way Annunen and Provetsov are playing. Love that their rising to the occasion currently but the thought of turning to them in the playoffs is a little scary. Who knows though, goalies can always get hot and catch a Adin Hill type run. Curious if Cmac ends up bringing a vet back there.

Last edited:

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
They'd basically be adding Henrique + Val + Kovalenko and maybe Landy though. In addition to Parise who's played well. RJ's played better lately too and has a history of stepping up in the playoffs.

That's pretty good depth. So much so that one of Cogs or Kovalenko would probably sit, and both might sit in a healthy lineup with Landy.

I'd like to see them go with something like this, with Kovalenko or Cogs filling in for Landy if he's not ready in the 1st round. I think this group has the ability to beat anyone if they get solid goaltending.

Drouin - MacK - Nuke
Lehky - Henrique - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Landy - RJ - Parise
RyJo needs to go, he's a boat anchor who cannot add to the team from any line. Replacing him with Henrique would be a nice step forward, along with Nuke and Kovalenko joining the lineup.

For me a big issue is making sure Moose gets his wake-up call soon, because he's sleepwalking through games and that won't cut it in the playoffs.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Some spitballing. Feel free to flame.

1st, 3rd, Behrens for Walker and Seeler

Girard, Oloffson for Allen 50% and Armia 50%.

I don’t see how that makes us better at all.

Walker and Seeler are pending UFAs and we lose Girard and Behrens who is the replacement for Girard.

Allen and Armia are no better than the guys we have and we also lose a 1st and 3rd and still have Johansens contract

Reactions: Vk1ing

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Kind of a tricky spot with the way Annunen and Provetsov are playing. Love that their rising to the occasion currently but the thought of turning to them in the playoffs is a little scary. Who knows though, goalies can always get hot and catch a Adin Hill type run. Curious if Cmac ends up bringing a vet back there.

I think they have deserved their chance imo. They rised to occasion. That's worth a lot to me.

We beat Chicago 5-0. We don't need to add anybody. Cup winners already.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If it's not Mittelstadt/Zegras, just hold on to the assets and accept that cMac f***ed the team for a second year in a row. Nothing else out there is going to move the needle in helping them win, they'd just be blowing limited assets for nothing.

Regroup in the summer and they've got one year left to do the thing assuming they actually wise up and get a 2C.

cMac should be fired before the season over.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'd rather keep assets than get Henrique. He just doesn't move the needle enough for me.

PlayerGoalsAssistsPointsxGF% @ ES
Henrique18244244.42
Colton13193251.33

Yeah, he's got 10 points more than Ross, but Colton's been playing with Logan O'Connor and Miles Wood. Not exactly known point producers.
It really depends on the assets needed. I'd still want Cmac fired into the sun if that's the "big move", unless by some miracle it works, but the day the playoffs end 💣💥💨 good bye.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If it's not Mittelstadt/Zegras, just hold on to the assets and accept that cMac f***ed the team for a second year in a row. Nothing else out there is going to move the needle in helping them win, they'd just be blowing limited assets for nothing.

Regroup in the summer and they've got one year left to do the thing assuming they actually wise up and get a 2C.

I don't think that's a good move at all. If Landeskog is back next year you've also got the DT deal kicking in. It's gonna be a lot harder. The time to make the move is now. Actually the time to make the move was back in November, but nothing can happen quickly with this leadership.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Drouin - MacK - Nuke
Lehky - Henrique - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Landy - RJ - Parise

The issue there is Bednar thinks Mikko is Mack's right arm apparently. I stopped making rosters where Mikko runs his own line a long time ago.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I don't think we can afford to waste assets on a goalie at this point unless we are someone getting an upgrade on Fourgiev. Annune and Prost have shown enough good work lately it is worth the risk. 2C is the need that needs to be focused on if it can even be addressed at this point.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't think we can afford to waste assets on a goalie at this point unless we are someone getting an upgrade on Fourgiev. Annune and Prost have shown enough good work lately it is worth the risk. 2C is the need that needs to be focused on if it can even be addressed at this point.
While I'm certainly happy that Annunen has posted B2B shutouts, I would hardly say that he, or Prosvetov, has made it impossible for Colorado to seek an experienced backup for Georgiev.

I will say that I liked Annunen's game last night, Chicago had both more SOG's, and it also seemed like there were more high danger chances that he stopped. It was nice to see. But it was still against a shitty Chicago team.

As SEPH already pointed out, once enough scouting tape is out on him, the holes will likely return. You just have to get him moving side-to-side and he breaks down. That's what we've seen from him before. I hope to god I'm wrong and that he's cleaning that up with practice and with Jussi, but his weaknesses, to date, haven't changed.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I fully agree with this. Trying fix the huge problem that CMac created with a small little bandaid like Henrique or Wennberg is simply asset wasting. You'll lose round 1 with either of those guys as the 2C so why bother, because you'll get the same result with Colton or RyJo as 2C.

CMac absolutely should be canned after another round 1 loss. That will be 2 contention years thrown out the window because he refuses to address the elephant in the room.

Reactions: Ararana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad