Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

1709606740201.jpeg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I went ahead and blocked my calendar off on Friday with some bullshit "workshops", "demos" and other fake meetings.

I'm paying the price Mon-Thurs.... crazy calendar and schedule.

All this to watch us get Kerfoot at 2:55 PM.
I used to burn a day of vacation on the trade deadline. Haven't felt the need in like 5 years though. I don't know if it's because mostly teams are done before the deadline or if I just got more patient and no longer need to know before the ink has even dried.

I can't remember which exact deadline it was but I was well into a case of beer and nothing had happened. Like the guys on TSN literally ran out of shit to say and they were only two hours into their coverage. That was the last one I took off work from.

I do like your idea of setting up a bogus training session in the afternoon to just kinda sit down and read up. Will have to try that out.
I mean it might be fun to see round two of that fight
We could only hope that they both got injured.

Bring the Cocaine Cowboy aboard!

What could go wrong with this clean dressing room?
At some point, the Avs probably should consider having a team shrink. They could lead the AA/NA/SA meetings on the road.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It says something when teams acquire this guy for really cheap they still do everything they can to get rid of him. Like, every f***ing time. Suspension, buyout, and now retention.
It's clearly his last contract in the NHL. He made enough money to live comfortable for the rest of his life though.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wennberg doesn't fix the centre issue and he definitely is far from perfect, but he is also the best option in a bad situation. Definitely is more underrated on here nowadays, he would be the best Avs rental in the past 2-4 seasons (not including the Cup year) IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: Avaholic29

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nope. Henrique is.
I am not sure how well Henrique can keep up with the Avs system. I know I said the same thing about RyJo (failed) and Parise (so far, success), but, for me, he's closer to Johansen's level of getting around than Parise at this point. He's someone I would have loved to have like 2-3 years ago, but I am not sure what he is nowadays. He reminds me a lot of another Lars Eller 2.0, whereas Wennberg is more on the underrated side. He plays defence better than what the metrics say, can chip in with some secondary offence, and moves around quite well. Won't cover that 2nd line hole spot, but no one will.

I won't lie though, Henrique is having a pretty damn awesome season, but how much is that due to getting heavy minutes on a f***ing awful Ducks team and how much of that is getting to play in Cronin's system (if he changed it from the Avs/Bednar one). We've seen many players be very good with certain coaches just to fail with anybody else, granted Wennberg is fully capable of becoming a dud as well.

Reactions: Frenchy

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd rather keep assets than get Henrique. He just doesn't move the needle enough for me.

PlayerGoalsAssistsPointsxGF% @ ES
Henrique18244244.42
Colton13193251.33

Yeah, he's got 10 points more than Ross, but Colton's been playing with Logan O'Connor and Miles Wood. Not exactly known point producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad