Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Shit, I hope he’s a late scratch tonight.
I don’t think we should worry about that. RyJo is hardly doing anything out there to get injured. Unless he’s being scratched because he’s already traded which would be great

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You can't just add up the prices for moves over the years that didn't pan out, and then compare that to the price of one trade, which may or may not work out.

So far Lindholm is not an example of someone the Avs should have paid more for either. RJ has more points in less games since Lindholm's 2nd Canucks game, and Lindholm has 0 points in his last 6.

Since Feb 8th

Lindholm - 13 games 2 goals 4 points
Johansen - 11 games 2 goals 5 points

If we're just talking one run, then Horvat only had 16 points in 30 games for the Isles last year too.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So #1? That's the only other choice. Come on...take a stand. :naughty:

It's Fri and 5 mins before TDL. You have to make a decision. Which one do you go for? Are you saying #1?
I mean neither result in a team capable of a cup imo. But a team with Drouin at 2C in the playoffs is a worse team than one with Wennberg at 2C.

You can't just add up the prices for moves over the years that didn't pan out, and then compare that to the price of one trade, which may or may not work out.

So far Lindholm is not an example of someone the Avs should have paid more for either. RJ has more points in less games since Lindholm's 2nd Canucks game, and Lindholm has 0 points in his last 6.

Since Feb 8th

Lindholm - 13 games 2 goals 4 points
Johansen - 11 games 2 goals 5 points
Sure. But it’s still a feasible practice in showing a poor use of assets that could’ve been used better.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I understand but I still want to enlist you in our Hate Kerfoot group.

Nope. Now and forever I am a card-carrying member of the TRADE ASSETS FOR ALEXANDER DOUGLAS KERFOOT BECAUSE **CK YOU Association.

We're fairly new, but there are many of us, you just can't see the rest of them because they're off-frame.

• Love
Reactions: missionAvs

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm not sure Lindholm is an example of "better" though, that's my point.
I agreed with that point. But the point is that if you don’t move your 2nd on Eller you could still have it to use it on a trade that actually moves the needle potentially.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Report: Avalanche, Rangers among teams interested in Wennberg

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I agreed with that point. But the point is that if you don’t move your 2nd on Eller you could still have it to use it on a trade that actually moves the needle potentially.

We view that differently. I don't think not having a 2nd had any impact on not making a 2C trade. They could have recouped that easily if they needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad