2027 NHL draft prospects

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I would add Scantlebury and Cam Warren to this list and thats the top 5 right now

Dupont is probably the top dog right now but the jury is still out. He doesn’t really play defense and was allowed to do whatever he wanted with no repercussions. The skating ability and offensive skill is evident.
Nolan Fitzhenry I’d say is better than Joseph, IN MY OPINION.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I would add Scantlebury and Cam Warren to this list and thats the top 5 right now

Dupont is probably the top dog right now but the jury is still out. He doesn’t really play defense and was allowed to do whatever he wanted with no repercussions. The skating ability and offensive skill is evident.
I've watched him play live multiple times. He plays defense and it's elite. He was 14 playing against 18 years old players and was still dominant defensively.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

I don't know Cam Warren but that would surprise me.

James Scantlebury, I don't see him being on Joseph's level.

For the top 5, I'm expecting 2 Europeans. The top 5 with 5 NA is over (this has only happened twice since 2009) and it will only happen once or twice in the future. Maybe never.

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Nolan Fitzhenry I’d say is better than Joseph, IN MY OPINION.
I don’t think he is. Speaking of Fitzhenry I noticed in the national camp program he is “undecided” as to where he is playing next season. All the other Shattuck players at the camp listed Shattuck as their 24-25 season team. Would be interesting to see where he heads. Headscratcher if he leaves Shattuck

For the top 5, I'm expecting 2 Europeans. The top 5 with 5 NA is over (this has only happened twice since 2009) and it will only happen once or twice in the future. Maybe never.
Warren played up a year in the GTHL and did well. Scantlebury has way more tools to become a better player than Joseph.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I don’t think he is. Speaking of Fitzhenry I noticed in the national camp program he is “undecided” as to where he is playing next season. All the other Shattuck players at the camp listed Shattuck as their 24-25 season team. Would be interesting to see where he heads. Headscratcher if he leaves Shattuck

Warren played up a year in the GTHL and did well. Scantlebury has way more tools to become a better player than Joseph.
To be in a top 5 in the world at this stage, Cam Warren is very insufficient.

Joseph is 16cm taller than Scantlebury and had the sporting advantage over him before he left for Quebec. The gap must have widened further between a guy who plays in the best U18 league in North America and the other who plays in a very disparate U15 league. U16/17 production is insufficient. I don't really see the arguments for Scantlebury. He will probably be a winger while Joseph is a center. His shot is exceptional, his vision of the game very good, his skating good. In Quebec, it is unanimously perceived as better than Scantlebury.

2nd best production in the history of a U15 player in QMAAA against 3rd best production of the season in USA BAAA, sportingly, it is not the same level of performance.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
To be in a top 5 in the world at this stage, Cam Warren is very insufficient.

Joseph is 16cm taller than Scantlebury and had the sporting advantage over him before he left for Quebec. The gap must have widened further between a guy who plays in the best U18 league in North America and the other who plays in a very disparate U15 league. U16/17 production is insufficient. I don't really see the arguments for Scantlebury. He will probably be a winger while Joseph is a center. His shot is exceptional, his vision of the game very good, his skating good. In Quebec, it is unanimously perceived as better than Scantlebury.

2nd best production in the history of a U15 player in QMAAA against 3rd best production of the season in USA BAAA, sportingly, it is not the same level of performance.
You do realize that all the best 16 and 17 year olds are playing junior hockey and not u18 right? Sure Joseph and Dupont are playing u18 but its also a bunch of guys who aren’t good enough to play junior hockey. Cam Warren putting up 108 points up an age year in the best u16 league on earth is certainly not insufficient.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You do realize that all the best 16 and 17 year olds are playing junior hockey and not u18 right? Sure Joseph and Dupont are playing u18 but its also a bunch of guys who aren’t good enough to play junior hockey. Cam Warren putting up 108 points up an age year in the best u16 league on earth is certainly not insufficient.
QMAAA level is very high with only 15 teams.

Guys aged 16,17,18 who don't have the level of a junior player will always be better than guys aged 14, 15 who don't have the level to play junior.

1.29 in a league Toronto U16 vs 1.36 in a league Quebec U18.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
QMAAA level is very high with only 15 teams.

Guys aged 16,17,18 who don't have the level of a junior player will always be better than guys aged 14, 15 who don't have the level to play junior.

1.29 in a league Toronto U16 vs 1.36 in a league Quebec U18.
You are severely overestimating the level of play in Quebec u18 and severely underestimating the play in the GTHL u16

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You are severely overestimating the level of play in Quebec u18 and severely underestimating the play in the GTHL u16

I do not think so. Besides, if Camryn Warren was so strong, the status of exceptional talent would have been offered to him.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
QM18AAA is not the best u18 AAA league in North America, and I say that as someone that is from here. CSSHL in Canada and T1EHL are a higher standard and produce far better players from u18
Sorry but clearly not. It's the only elite league in the region and has fewer teams.

U15 players at 2 points per game often happen in CSSHL. Whereas in QMAAA it never happens to see one at 1.5.

QMAAA teams perform significantly better at the Telus Cup. T1EHL - lots of no-names at the top of the lists.

Last edited:

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007

Charlie Murata from Ontario. I would argue he's better than Can Warren right now with a much higher upside.

Not much of a betting man anymore, but his tools and IQ would make me believe his floor is top-3 to 7 in his NHL draft class -- barring significant injury.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Charlie Murata from Ontario. I would argue he's better than Can Warren right now with a much higher upside.

Not much of a betting man anymore, but his tools and IQ would make me believe his floor is top-3 to 7 in his NHL draft class -- barring significant injury.
I doubt that too.

These guys are elite in a local league. But on a global North American scale, there is an enormous competition.

To be Top 5 in the World, you have to be Top 3 in North America on average.

So I'm currently sticking with Dupont, Joseph and Pelosi for top 5.

Knowing that in addition, there is the defender factor.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I doubt that too.

These guys are elite in a local league. But on a global North American scale, there is an enormous competition.

To be Top 5 in the World, you have to be Top 3 in North America on average.

So I'm currently sticking with Dupont, Joseph and Pelosi for top 5.

Knowing that in addition, there is the defender factor.
you somehow manage to make yourself look worse than me on this site. Thats quite the achievement.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Sorry but clearly not. It's the only elite league in the region and has fewer teams.

U15 players at 2 points per game often happen in CSSHL. Whereas in QMAAA it never happens to see one at 1.5.

QMAAA teams perform significantly better at the Telus Cup. T1EHL - lots of no-names at the top of the lists.
Ok not to derail the thread but you’re comparing CSSHL U15 to Québec u18, that comparison makes no sense.

Having played in T1ehl less than a decade ago and then skating in the summer back home in QC, I can say that the depth of talent is much deeper in t1 than in QM18AAA. This is borne out in the amongst of NHL draft picks that have played In t1ehl (and CSSHL for that matter) versus a rather paltry amount from QM18AAA, the last two years (2005/2006) have been especially bad for QM18AAA alumni in the NHL draft.

All that to say, I put much more value in production in leagues that are producing stars continually. I hope the QM18AAA does for qc what the CSSHL has done for western Canada, I would love to see Québec become a “vivier” of talent again, but it’s unfortunately not the case.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
you somehow manage to make yourself look worse than me on this site. Thats quite the achievement.
Always the same to attack and make personal attacks.

While you have no argument my boy.

The fact that there are regularly Europeans in the top 5 is the case.

The fact that Dupont and Joseph are the only two players to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case.

The fact that Pelosi is currently considered the best American is the case.

So putting top 5 NHL 2027 other guys, ok for you but for me, there is no place currently with the current data.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Ok not to derail the thread but you’re comparing CSSHL U15 to Québec u18, that comparison makes no sense.

Having played in T1ehl less than a decade ago and then skating in the summer back home in QC, I can say that the depth of talent is much deeper in t1 than in QM18AAA. This is borne out in the amongst of NHL draft picks that have played In t1ehl (and CSSHL for that matter) versus a rather paltry amount from QM18AAA, the last two years (2005/2006) have been especially bad for QM18AAA alumni in the NHL draft.

All that to say, I put much more value in production in leagues that are producing stars continually. I hope the QM18AAA does for qc what the CSSHL has done for western Canada, I would love to see Québec become a “vivier” of talent again, but it’s unfortunately not the case.
In a very recent league, Bedard, Savoie and Dupont exceeded 2PPG in both CSSHL U18 and U15. McKenna, born at the end of the year, almost made it there.

No Q player reached 1.5PPG at U15 in QMAAA. Since 1991, only 2 players have reached 2PPG as U16.

QMAAA teams have won the last 3 Telus Cups with 2 100% QMAAA finals. No CSSHL team made the final.

Sorry but there are a lot more players drafted through QMAAA than T1EHL this year. I just saw the team lists from the last 3 years, it's not great.

Curious to see your profile on EP in PM, I will give you mine in passing.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
In a very recent league, Bedard, Savoie and Dupont exceeded 2PPG in both CSSHL U18 and U15. McKenna, born at the end of the year, almost made it there.

No Q player reached 1.5PPG at U15 in QMAAA. Since 1991, only 2 players have reached 2PPG as U16.

QMAAA teams have won the last 3 Telus Cups with 2 100% QMAAA finals. No CSSHL team made the final.

Sorry but there are a lot more players drafted through QMAAA than T1EHL this year. I just saw the team lists from the last 3 years, it's not great.

Curious to see your profile on EP in PM, I will give you mine in passing.
A couple things here:

1. Bedard was a number 1 overall NHL draft pick, McKenna is on track to be a number 1 pick, DuPont, as it stands today, is on a trajectory to be a very high draft pick, and Savoie was exceptional for his age at the time (he tied the highest scoring QC player at the Canada Winter Games despite being a year younger). It isnt some indictment agaisnt the CSSHL because these players produced high point totals at 14; Quebec simply hasn’t produced players of this level in quite some time (Lafreniere aside) that would be expected to score at such levels in QMAAA. Joseph has been the closest and his totals aren’t that far those mentioned.

2. CSSHL does not compete on the same circuit and does not get to play in the Telus Cup, so the fact a team hasn’t won it shouldn’t be surprising.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Always the same to attack and make personal attacks.

While you have no argument my boy.

The fact that there are regularly Europeans in the top 5 is the case.

The fact that Dupont and Joseph are the only two players to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case.

The fact that Pelosi is currently considered the best American is the case.

So putting top 5 NHL 2027 other guys, ok for you but for me, there is no place currently with the current data.
When did Joseph receive an “exceptional offer” ?

Must have missed him applying, or getting exceptional status, because last I heard he didn’t apply.

Reactions: wetcoast

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
A couple things here:

1. Bedard was a number 1 overall NHL draft pick, McKenna is on track to be a number 1 pick, DuPont, as it stands today, is on a trajectory to be a very high draft pick, and Savoie was exceptional for his age at the time (he tied the highest scoring QC player at the Canada Winter Games despite being a year younger). It isnt some indictment agaisnt the CSSHL because these players produced high point totals at 14; Quebec simply hasn’t produced players of this level in quite some time (Lafreniere aside) that would be expected to score at such levels in QMAAA. Joseph has been the closest and his totals aren’t that far those mentioned.

2. CSSHL does not compete on the same circuit and does not get to play in the Telus Cup, so the fact a team hasn’t won it shouldn’t be surprising.

The guys you mention played in CSSHL as U15. U16 they were already no longer there apart from Savoie.Lafreniere only played as U16 in QMAAA.Fewer teams, no competition in Q while there are other leagues in W, therefore denser talent in QMAAA.

Ok for the absence of CSSHL.

So I'll give you another argument.

No Q defender has reached 1PPG in QMAAA at U16 in the last 10 years. This has happened 21 times in CSSHL and half are no-names.

When did Joseph receive an “exceptional offer” ?

Must have missed him applying, or getting exceptional status, because last I heard he didn’t apply.
In January, he refused. Afterwards, I see you coming, he didn't make the request but it's just like since he would have had and would have been selected ahead of Dagenais for sure.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The guys you mention played in CSSHL as U15. U16 they were already no longer there apart from Savoie.Lafreniere only played as U16 in QMAAA.Fewer teams, no competition in Q while there are other leagues in W, therefore denser talent in QMAAA.

No Q defender has reached 1PPG in QMAAA at U16 in the last 10 years. This has happened 21 times in CSSHL and half are no-names.

In January, he refused.
He didn’t apply because he knew he wouldn’t get it, likely due to Landon DuPont in the WHL. He put up extremely similar numbers to Joe Veleno in the same league, and history has since proved that although Veleno was good, he was no where near worthy of exceptional status.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
He didn’t apply because he knew he wouldn’t get it, likely due to Landon DuPont in the WHL. He put up extremely similar numbers to Joe Veleno in the same league, and history has since proved that although Veleno was good, he was no where near worthy of exceptional status.

His level is significantly higher than that of Veleno at U15. Veleno was playing in St-Louis with 3 guys with the same number of points. Joseph made his points with only 1 guy over 30 points and had better performances in the play-offs.The fact that Veleno obtained E.S status rather proves that Joseph would have had it very easily.

Since he is already much better than all the 2008 candidates and he would have been selected No. 1, it is certain that he would have gotten it. But in his interview, he said that he had made a commitment to his team to stay for 2 years.

Afterwards, regarding the subject, Joseph U15 is at least as good as Desnoyers U16. I put Desnoyers U17 in the top 10 2025. So logically, I must have Joseph U15 in the top 5 2027.

Last edited:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
His level is significantly higher than that of Veleno at U15. Veleno was playing in St-Louis with 3 guys with the same number of points. Joseph made his points with only 1 guy over 30 points and had better performances in the play-offs.The fact that Veleno obtained E.S status rather proves that Joseph would have had it very easily.

Since he is already much better than all the 2008 candidates and he would have been selected No. 1, it is certain that he would have gotten it.But in his interview, he said that he had made a commitment to his team to stay for 2 years.
Gotcha, so because you believe he should have gotten exceptional status. You say with certainty that “Dupont and Joseph are the only two players to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case”

Even though the statement is factually incorrect.

What it should say is: “Dupont is the only player to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case”

I even kept your broken English

• Haha
Reactions: Mathieukferland

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Gotcha, so because you believe he should have gotten exceptional status. You say with certainty that “Dupont and Joseph are the only two players to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case”

Even though the statement is factually incorrect.

What it should say is: “Dupont is the only player to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case”

I even kept your broken English
Sorry, I couldn't seriously learn English in my life and it never had any interest in my life.

So, Dupont did not receive an offer, he applied for it and got it. So that doesn't change the basic reasoning.

I actually had no idea of the administrative formalities to obtain E.S. status.

This is a subject that arose very early for Joseph but he was clear on it from the end of 2023. He was in a position of refusal.

According to my information, which I may be distorting, Joseph had obtained E.S to play in QMAAA even though the league has been closed to U15 players since last year. Scantlebury doesn't.

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

In January, he refused. Afterwards, I see you coming, he didn't make the request but it's just like since he would have had and would have been selected ahead of Dagenais for sure.

Sorry, I couldn't seriously learn English in my life and it never had any interest in my life.

So, Dupont did not receive an offer, he applied for it and got it. So that doesn't change the basic reasoning.

I actually had no idea of the administrative formalities to obtain E.S. status.

This is a subject that arose very early for Joseph but he was clear on it from the end of 2023. He was in a position of refusal.

According to my information, which I may be distorting, Joseph had obtained E.S to play in QMAAA even though the league has been closed to U15 players since last year. Scantlebury doesn't.
You literally just make stuff up

Reactions: LeProspector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad