2026 NHL draft prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
If it was "Juustovaara" it would likely not be "cheese danger", but rather "cheese hill".

No fun squad is here I see.

Firstly, based on Eliteprospects, his name is Casper Juustovaara Karlsson, so his name actually is "Juustovaara". Secondly, yes I know what "vaara" means in this context, but the translation is more fun if you use the other meaning of the word.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
As a german to German. I think you should check out Daniel Kazimov (2008). Do you know him. What's your opinion on him?

For my part, I Have not really focused enough on him in the few games I watched of this team, to say much about him.
But he is one of three players on that Düsseldorf team that I have on my radar for the 2026 draft, as of now.
Adel Akmhedeev and Kees de Jager are the other two.

I will likely get to see a lot more of them all this coming season and pay more attention to Kazimov.

Thomas Chathoot

Dec 12, 2021
I've been hearing some William Moore talk heating up recently so it's possible right now the top Projected prospect is Moore currently which surprises me.
Moore is also very good, not quite as good as Roobroeck though.
The OHL Draft should be 1. Roobroeck 2. Moore and then guys like Ethan Weir, Jake O' Brien, Quinn Beauchesne, Zander Kechego, Owen Griffin, Brady Martin, Lane Sim and Tyler Hopkins fill in some of the other spots in the draft (should be first round)

Last edited:

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

Firstly, based on Eliteprospects, his name is Casper Juustovaara Karlsson, so his name actually is "Juustovaara". Secondly, yes I know what "vaara" means in this context, but the translation is more fun if you use the other meaning of the word.
"Cheese Hill" is also a great name.
Casper Cheese Hill Son of Karl. LOL

Reactions: JabbaJabba

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Some promising 08s in Saskatchewan but not on a Yager/Heidt/Catton/McQueen level so see how they look as 2nd years before mentioning them.

Brett Olson hasn't been mentioned yet and will likely be the top 08 western Canadian.

Thomas Chathoot

Dec 12, 2021
A player who I do not think gets enough love is Cullen Potter. He is arguably the best American player this draft (Yes higher then LJ Mooney and Henry Brzustewicz). He has tremendous speed and is very highly skilled with tons of playmaking upside. Could maybe be an elite NHLer one day but will definitely be one of the best USDP players when he arrives there

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
A player who I do not think gets enough love is Cullen Potter. He is arguably the best American player this draft (Yes higher then LJ Mooney and Henry Brzustewicz). He has tremendous speed and is very highly skilled with tons of playmaking upside. Could maybe be an elite NHLer one day but will definitely be one of the best USDP players when he arrives there
All those guys are 2025 Eligibles - not 2026.

The only names i've heard spoken of out of the US are Camden Pantekoek, Harrison Boettinger, Van Matin, Drew Travers and Evan Jardine.

But i'm sure i'll be hearing more over the next year.

Some promising 08s in Saskatchewan but not on a Yager/Heidt/Catton/McQueen level so see how they look as 2nd years before mentioning them.

Brett Olson hasn't been mentioned yet and will likely be the top 08 western Canadian.
Keaton Verhoeff is a defender I have heard good things about - however, I have been warned he may just be more physically mature than his age group. Thoughts?

Chase Harrington is a late birthday that has a ton of skill, have also heard good things about Ryan Lin and Jarome's youngest son,

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakers1988

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

The only names i've heard spoken of out of the US are Camden Pantekoek, Harrison Boettinger, Van Matin, Drew Travers and Evan Jardine.

Keaton Verhoeff is a defender I have heard good things about - however, I have been warned he may just be more physically mature than his age group. Thoughts?

Chase Harrington is a late birthday that has a ton of skill, have also heard good things about Ryan Lin and Jarome's youngest son,
Just watched 1 game of his but Verhoeff looks like a definite 1st rounder for the bantam draft, likely top 10. Not quite sure how his offense will translate to the next level though so tough to predict pro impact. Size isn't the only reason he domintes though, has skill. See how he looks in his draft year to see how the offense improves. Reminds me of Prokop a bit but hopefully better upside

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018

Yeah Olson will be probably be a high pick in the WHL Draft

Thomas Chathoot

Dec 12, 2021

yeah youre right. I did get in incorrect. Some guys for this draft those are Logan Hawery who could be a 2024 OHL First Overall pick. He was one of the best players on the 07 Barrie Colts when Hawery is an 08. Could be a very good player. Some other interesting players who will be selected in the same NHL draft are Zachary Nyman, Maximus Crete, Caleb Malhotra, Braidy Wassilyn, Beckham Edwards, Parker Vaughan, Ben Bowen, Alessandro Di Iorio and Quinn Kipfer. All should go high besides maybe Kipfer who should at least go in the second to third if not first round.

Dominic Pajkic is another good defence man who will likely be the best dman on his UNDP Squad when he makes it.

Two swedes that could get drafted are Noah Pettersson Askling and Alfred Persson

Tomas Chrenko and Ivan Matta for Slovakia

Awrelig Fomenko for Germany

Rasmus Rinne for Finland

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Olson could even go higher than Kosick.
Yeah I wouldn't be too shocked as Kosick is a bit small. Think he needs to prove his season wasn't a fluke. His stats were close to exceptional but his size is the biggest thing holding him back right now.

yeah youre right. I did get in incorrect. Some guys for this draft those are Logan Hawery who could be a 2024 OHL First Overall pick. He was one of the best players on the 07 Barrie Colts when Hawery is an 08. Could be a very good player. Some other interesting players who will be selected in the same NHL draft are Zachary Nyman, Maximus Crete, Caleb Malhotra, Braidy Wassilyn, Beckham Edwards, Parker Vaughan, Ben Bowen, Alessandro Di Iorio and Quinn Kipfer. All should go high besides maybe Kipfer who should at least go in the second to third if not first round.

Dominic Pajkic is another good defence man who will likely be the best dman on his UNDP Squad when he makes it.

Two swedes that could get drafted are Noah Pettersson Askling and Alfred Persson

Tomas Chrenko and Ivan Matta for Slovakia

Awrelig Fomenko for Germany

Rasmus Rinne for Finland
Tobias Tomik also from Slovakia

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yeah I wouldn't be too shocked as Kosick is a bit small. Think he needs to prove his season wasn't a fluke. His stats were close to exceptional but his size is the biggest thing holding him back right now.
He's only 13 and his father is 6'0" so I don't think size will be an issue in the long run - it's more he was feeding off some pretty weak teams - An impressive stat line nonetheless.

Reactions: Dominance

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
He's only 13 and his father is 6'0" so I don't think size will be an issue in the long run - it's more he was feeding off some pretty weak teams - An impressive stat line nonetheless.
Yeah, his stat line is a bit deceiving which is why I hope he'll replicate it. You're right about his dad. I don't have him as high as McKenna or Roobroeck just yet unless he does it again.

HknAndn

Jul 8, 2022

I thought it ment "danger" from the Swedish word Fara.... :) Dangerus Cheese

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I thought it ment "danger" from the Swedish word Fara.... :) Dangerus Cheese
Vaara can mean danger in Finnish, could be borrowed from the Swedish word actually. It's a Finnish name that translates to Cheese Hill but obviously it's a lot more fun if we go with Cheese Danger

Reactions: HknAndn

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Viktor Fyodorov is getting a lot of hype on a Russian language youth hockey forum I visit from time to time. At least early on here, he’s seen as potentially the next big Russian star.
What is the website link?

Thomas Chathoot

Dec 12, 2021
I really love Roobroeck as a player and I think he easily goes first in this upcoming OHL Draft. He had 34-29-63 in 29 games and he is just so skilled as a whole. I think he is on the same level as Michael Misa in terms of talent and Skill. I also firmly believe Hockey Canada didnt give Roobroeck exeptional status because he is a late 07 birth year and he would play in 4 OHL Seasons before getting drafted when most players wh get drafted into the OHL only play 2 Seasons before getting drafted

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's a Finnish name that translates to Cheese Hill
Or perhaps more likely of Sámi origin and has been adapted from Vuostávárri which would rather mean 'Vastavaara' in Finnish, but its homonym also means 'juusto' and someone translating the name unaware of the etymology could plausibly get the meaning wrong.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
This draft is going to be phenomenal. 3 players who could have been ES (Roobroeck, McKenna, Kosick). Rinne who is on higher bases than Laine and Kakko at the same age + the probability of having elite talents in the USA and Russia. More impressive than 2023 3 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad