2026 NHL draft prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Btw. Tobias Tomik, 13 years old boy in Slovakia U18 league:

upload_2021-12-14_10-16-23.png

Very interesting prospect.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
With the WHL 2022 draft just a few months away (Gavin McKenna likely # 1) and possibly the OHL 2022 draft if Roobroeck achieves exceptional status, this thread is relevant. The usual sarcasm is definitely out of place on this thread.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Btw. Tobias Tomik, 13 years old boy in Slovakia U18 league:

View attachment 490744

Very interesting prospect.

In U16, Ivan Matta has a better PPG than Slafkovsky at the same age. He is clearly the No. 1 in Slovakia at this age.

After increasing my research, Geonhu Ra is very far from being in the debate.

The best forward born in 2008 from his club is Juraj Durco. He already plays in U16 but he is far from the best of his age.

Reactions: hellwar9

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
In U16, Ivan Matta has a better PPG than Slafkovsky at the same age. He is clearly the No. 1 in Slovakia at this age.

After increasing my research, Geonhu Ra is very far from being in the debate.

The best forward born in 2008 from his club is Juraj Durco. He already plays in U16 but he is far from the best of his age.
I don’t think anyone ever considered Geonhu a top prospect, just unique name. Another unique name, albeit a 2004 born is Innocent Hecko at eliteprospects.com , he is of African descent playing for Slovan U18 team

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Not really the subject and it's something that is destined to become commonplace. Not surprised that there are non-European Slovaks. Twenty years ago the N.A.T.O predicted that native Europeans would only represent 1/3 of the European population in 2100. In my country (France), non-European births represent 50%.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Not really the subject and it's something that is destined to become commonplace. Not surprised that there are non-European Slovaks. Twenty years ago the N.A.T.O predicted that native Europeans would only represent 1/3 of the European population in 2100. In my country (France), non-European births represent 50%.

Slovakia and France are very different in this regard, Slovakia didnt had half of Africa as their colony for 50 years. So, while there are plenty of africans willing to go to France and who speak french, it is not the same with Slovakia, which is a poor country and nobody speaks the language, and the society there is not willing to demographically replace themselves.

Also, about 50% non european birthes, where is the stat coming from? I somehow doubt that, in Paris sure, but whole country? Doubtful.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Slovakia and France are very different in this regard, Slovakia didnt had half of Africa as their colony for 50 years. So, while there are plenty of africans willing to go to France and who speak french, it is not the same with Slovakia, which is a poor country and nobody speaks the language, and the society there is not willing to demographically replace themselves.

Also, about 50% non european birthes, where is the stat coming from? I somehow doubt that, in Paris sure, but whole country? Doubtful.

I'm talking about birth.

The situation changed very quickly. In 1975 it should have been 2%, in 1990 it should have been 10%, in 2005 25%. Now it must be 50% visibly and it will continue at an even faster rate in the coming years.

It is a phenomenon common to all European countries. With an extremely low birth rate, Slovakia will experience the same development.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm talking about birth.

The situation changed very quickly. In 1975 it should have been 2%, in 1990 it should have been 10%, in 2005 25%. Now it must be 50% visibly and it will continue at an even faster rate in the coming years.

It is a phenomenon common to all European countries. With an extremely low birth rate, Slovakia will experience the same development.

50% is doubtful, data has arab-muslim newborns at 20%, and african is most likely much lower than that since actual black numbers are way lower than arab numbers. So, likely figure is 30%. Doesn't mean rest 70% are french though, most likely french at around 60%. Mass immigration is definately happening in France, in Paris I would think 70% of newborns are of non-european origin.

Slovakia is a relatively poor country and nobody outside of slavic world can understand the language, let alone speak it. It also lacks the main ingridient for mass immigration- local population is not told by power holding institutions that mass immigration is good because we need to help refugees, they will pay our retirement money, we need to atone for our sins of colonization etc, whatever politicians in UK or France or Sweden are telling the masses.

Birth rates are not a big factor, Ireland is poor and has a good birth rate, yet is taking a lot of immigrants, Japan and China have low birth rates and are not taking anybody. Again, main factor is interest from business and politicians. Then is 3 generations you can change the attitude of population very dramatically on pretty much any issue through modern education system.
Birth rates around the Globe have plummeted, even in Africa TFR is around 4,5 now and declining.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
50% is doubtful, data has arab-muslim newborns at 20%, and african is most likely much lower than that since actual black numbers are way lower than arab numbers. So, likely figure is 30%. Doesn't mean rest 70% are french though, most likely french at around 60%. Mass immigration is definately happening in France, in Paris I would think 70% of newborns are of non-european origin.

Slovakia is a relatively poor country and nobody outside of slavic world can understand the language, let alone speak it. It also lacks the main ingridient for mass immigration- local population is not told by power holding institutions that mass immigration is good because we need to help refugees, they will pay our retirement money, we need to atone for our sins of colonization etc, whatever politicians in UK or France or Sweden are telling the masses.

Birth rates are not a big factor, Ireland is poor and has a good birth rate, yet is taking a lot of immigrants, Japan and China have low birth rates and are not taking anybody. Again, main factor is interest from business and politicians. Then is 3 generations you can change the attitude of population very dramatically on pretty much any issue through modern education system.
Birth rates around the Globe have plummeted, even in Africa TFR is around 4,5 now and declining.

You see France as it was in 2005. Things have changed a lot. I have seen cities like Nantes, Montpellier or Limoges change in 20 years.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
This is a very off-topic discussion, but while seeing people of color in Slovakia is more common than it used to be, the population that isn't Caucasian or Roma is maybe still at like 1-2% at most.

You are more likely to meet an Asian person than a Black person over here. Chances are very high that the Asian person you meet will be Vietnamese and this is not due to any recent phenomena, but a result of immigration back during communism and this community has been here for decades. The only bigger Korean community is probably near Zilina due to KIA. However, IIRC it's pretty much a gated community.

There might be a few Koreans living also in Bratislava, as there are all kinds of people here. I don't know Geonhu's story, but chances are that he has a Slovak mother who met his father somewhere abroad or something like that.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Can a get some ideas on the 2039 draft prospects? :sarcasm:

Regarding the 2026 draft, with Roobroeck and McKenna you already have two Canadian prospects who should be n ° 1 of the next two CHL drafts so your intervention is impertinent.

Hughes, Lafrenière, Wright, Bedard have been known for a very long time.

Reactions: czech

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Every year, we are blessed with a thread like this where original knee slappers about recess and puberty send us all into fits of laughter. More impressive than hockey prospects, we are blessed with the opportunity to identify the up and coming phenoms of the comedy world.

Having said that, as someone who remembers what the HF stands for, I appreciate that names get on the radar at this point. While everyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence understands that many crucial years lie ahead that will ultimately determine where these kids go with their lives, it’s a fact that scouts start paying attention at this age. I appreciate that we have threads like these to start hearing the names being floated in the serious hockey scouting community.

If this topic isn’t for you, it’s much easier to ignore the thread than it is to open it, engage in it, and burn some of your best stand-up material here.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Every year, we are blessed with a thread like this where original knee slappers about recess and puberty send us all into fits of laughter. More impressive than hockey prospects, we are blessed with the opportunity to identify the up and coming phenoms of the comedy world.

Having said that, as someone who remembers what the HF stands for, I appreciate that names get on the radar at this point. While everyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence understands that many crucial years lie ahead that will ultimately determine where these kids go with their lives, it’s a fact that scouts start paying attention at this age. I appreciate that we have threads like these to start hearing the names being floated in the serious hockey scouting community.

If this topic isn’t for you, it’s much easier to ignore the thread than it is to open it, engage in it, and burn some of your best stand-up material here.

Fake News! NHL scouts DO NOT start paying attention to grade 9 hockey players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad