2025 NHL Draft: Lose a ton for Porter Martone

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Id love to see the sharks focus on getting at least 1, if not 2 high end D. Right now the pipeline has Dickinson, LSW, Pohlcamp, Cagnoni, Thompson, and Pohlcamp with a shot and I guess Misskey and roberts are there too.

I am not sold that any of these will be top pairing guys. Definitely potential is there, and its not a bad group for an average team.

That said, we have a #1 goalie, top 2 centers (maybe 3 if you include bystedt), and serveral high end wings with musty, haltunnen, cherny, not to mention Eklund and Gushkin and cardwell, and my top watched prospect, rimashevsky.

As such, I think we could use two more high end defensive prospects if possible, so I would target those. I also think high end are harder to get via trade/UFA than high end forwards, so drafting top D would be nice.

All that said, I would be fine if the sharks dealt a pick or two in a package with one of the forwards to acquire a solid top pairing young NHL Dman. obviously, not a top 5 pick...
The young defensemen who have been traded aren't very good and cost way too much.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The young defensemen who have been traded aren't very good and cost way too much.
Brock Faber, Jakob Chychrun, Mikhail Sergachev, JJ Moser, John Marino, Noah Hanifin, Sean Durzi, Ivan Provorov all at least second pair level with a few top pair level traded recently (some of these twice). I’m probably forgetting a few and out of this list Faber and Sergachev are probably the level we are wanting but like there are dmen trades out there. Maybe not for 1s (unless we are using wishful thinking)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ryabkin to the USHL with Muskegon. Very very interesting to me. Super talented forward but there’s some rumors he’s “hard to deal with.” I guess we will find out soon if he actually has issues or it’s another Russia “problem” player that is not a problem anywhere else.

Reactions: coooldude

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Ryabkin to the USHL with Muskegon. Very very interesting to me. Super talented forward but there’s some rumors he’s “hard to deal with.” I guess we will find out soon if he actually has issues or it’s another Russia “problem” player that is not a problem anywhere else.
I hadn't read anything about being hard to deal with, but it's certainly a very interesting draft year development for a potential top 10.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Interesting, thanks. Hard to know what's real... Both Michkov and Demidov also had "whispers" about how they were in the locker room during draft year.
Yep exactly my point. Is he another problem Russian because he’s looking out for himself and his career rather than what his team wants him to do?

That sounds much worse than it was meant. Basically Michkov and Demidov want to be in the NHL and develop into the best players they can be and knew they couldn’t do that in the MHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad