OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I had to go with some jets hate because it’s all ESPN in New York media is talking about today still.
Robert Saleh is in trouble….Aaron Rodgers is a shell of his former self and his body language is poisonous…

Also Doug Pederson being asked if he thinks his job is in jeopardy was funny….he's standing there (I’m sure) thinking (I have a 8.5 mil guarantee for a few more years after this, fire me, please)…..lol….

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Offensive line play has been a big surprise so far. Interesting to see just the threat of JD being able to run just puts the opposing defenses into no mans land. at time.

They're getting better every game it seems. Three new starters, it would figure they would need time to gel, but they're getting it together really well. Love to see them owning the LOS. And Coleman is being brought in gradually, his snap count is now around 50% vs Lucas, but Coleman was perfect in pass pro, no sacks/pressures/hurries or hits.

1727715268330.png

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Not to mention any names (because I'm old and I don't remember them) but some folks on here wanted to trade down and get an OL, or JJ, or multiple picks. Just imagine now, if we had traded Jayden Daniels for a tackle or edge? Or taken Maye and let NE have JD? Full on riots.

Hail Adam Peters.
I wanted JJ. I’m not ready to concede that he still can’t/wont have a better career, as many have mentioned, it’s way too soon.

I was only *against* JD5 during last college football season, as he reminded me of Bryce Young (in build and SEC upbringing). Once the process ended and the team went thru it, I had no beef w JD5. I just really like JJ.

All that said, I couldn’t be happier as a Skins fan, nor could I be happier for JD5 and the program itself. It’s awesome.

JD5 is something, at least so far. (Grumble grumble RG3 something something RG3 grumble grumble).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We play the ravens in a week in Baltimore that’s gonna be a big one and fun for all of us

And looking at our schedule, it’s pretty favorable seeing we came in last place
I was looking at the remaining games yestarday and thinking "there are no definite losses there".

Every game seems winnable.

I'm not sure any team in the league should be feared, tbh. The Ravens are good but are prone to choking and bad coaching. The Chefs are seemingly on the decline but somehow still winning.

Who else is there? Not just limited to the schedule:

-Minnesota? Is that a mirage? Sam Darnold can't possibly keep this up. Maybe the best team in the NFL right now other than WFT and BAL?

-The Bills were exposed last night. I don't expect them to get dragged like that all the time, but they can be beaten. WR depth is a problem.

-Dallas is Dallas. Anything can happen. They're a flawed team that lost 2 key defensive players this week and doesn't have the offensive swagger of last season. How are they going to stop JD?

-Philly have no WRs left alive and rely entirely on Barkley and Goedert now. Hurts looks like he's running with shit in his pants. Not afraid of them.

-Tampa...that's a big question mark. Bucs gave us our only loss and it was in WK1. Something is going on down there. But a revenge match might favor DC.

-Steelers look like ass every week and somehow manage to hang around and win by the end of the game. Except this week, courtesy of Flacco. Fields is not as good as JD and Wilson is washed. So they're not scary at all.

-Houston have injury problems and are not a guaranteed loss regardless. Their defense is not what it used to be.

-49ers are also banged up and also struggling on defense for the most part. If CMC comes back strong he may not be that much of an upgrade over Mason. The defense is what makes that team ferocious and an "L" on paper so TBD on whether they return to dominance.

-Seattle remind me of the Buccaneers. They have a core group of skill players that keep returning and are primed to make a deep run. Still not an immovable object. They have great defensive numbers but they haven't played anyone who isn't shit yet.

tl'dr I don't see why this team can't win 10+ games and make the playoffs.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
They’re asking which QB is the best in the East, and can Washington win the division on the ESPN shows this morning….wild.

Question for everyone on this forum:

You are offered a trade for Jayden Daniels.
Daniel Jones
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott

I don't think I'm doing any of those trades.

Lamar Jackson straight up. Do you do it?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

Daniel Jones
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott

Considering the NFL salary cap and what those three quarterbacks get paid right now no chance in hell you trade a rookie contract for them especially at the level JD is playing which might be MVP

Reactions: kicksavedave

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Daniel Jones
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott

No to all. JD is a cost-controlled rookie phenom with unknown ceiling. His mental game seems to be Modok level.

The other QBs listed are injury prone and fairly known commodities. They're all struggling to get to the top of the league and are expensive.

I think building around JD is the best position possible.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

This was my favorite throw from the game. A little slide in the pocket, then launching it from a weird arm angle, kinda off his back foot. Put it in a place where only LMC could catch it, and he made a great grab.

Watching it live, the ball just exploded out of his hand, and I literally jumped up as Luke caught it. NFL defenses might be f***ed, lol

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

This was my favorite throw from the game. A little slide in the pocket, then launching it from a weird arm angle, kinda off his back foot. Put it in a place where only LMC could catch it, and he made a great grab.

Watching it live, the ball just exploded out of his hand, and I literally jumped up as Luke caught it. NFL defenses might be f***ed, lol

That is an ill throw.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Offensive line play has been a big surprise so far. Interesting to see just the threat of JD being able to run just puts the opposing defenses into no mans land. at time.
Yeah Lamar does this too. When you are faster than anyone coming to get you it helps the line out a lot. Also it helps the run game out a lot because its someone in the backfield you have to take account for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad