OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Its sort of a rugby-ish type mass of humanity chaos scrum so never minded it to much. And yeah the Eagle have it down which made it super annoying.
Yeah, really not a fan of the gods stepping in and changing the rules when a team finds a way to do something exceptionally well that doesn't involve cheating in any way.

And I say that a person who believes to my very core that the Eagles can go f*** themselves.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hip drop tackles might get banned, but they won't result in penalties with the way they plan on enforcing (fines after film review to get them out of the game eventually)

Seems reasonable to me.

And someone will figure out how to stop the shove.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You mean, like, a guy that you'd put on the field even if the rest of the DBs on the team weren't involved in a 42 car pile-up on the way to the stadium?
I mean, I appreciate the depth and all…. I truly do. But the REAL best way to create depth, is to add a starting CB, to push everyone else down a rung.

Mostly a CB, but a top S would create a similar cascade as Martin seems to be able to play nickle pretty well.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Tush push -- I have 0 problems with it .. but they have to start calling the center early start every single time. Half the Eagles IOL move before the ball.
--------------------

OT draft prospects - looks like the tier 1 shelf drops after Guyton. PFF has him as 29th ranked prospect. PFF has 7 guys ranked before him but a few of those might be drafted/viewed as IOL and not OT.

Guyton or Morgan at 36 would be an ideal fall to us scenario.

CBS mock has Guyton going 26, Morgan 35.

Consensus seems to indicate this is a very very good OL draft class with lots of top end talent

Last edited:
Reactions: ynotcaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Tush push -- I have 0 problems with it .. but they have to start calling the center early start every single time. Half the Eagles IOL move before the ball.
--------------------

OT draft prospects - looks like the tier 1 shelf drops after Guyton. PFF has him as 29th ranked prospect. PFF has 7 guys ranked before him but a few of those might be drafted/viewed as IOL and not OT.

Guyton or Morgan at 36 would be an ideal fall to us scenario.

CBS mock has Guyton going 26, Morgan 35.

Consensus seems to indicate this is a very very good OL draft class with lots of top end talent
Yeah. 36 seems *right* at the outer edge. 40 is def too far down. Could get a great G or C at 40 though. Or DB or WR.

I’d use some extra collateral to move 36 up to late 20’s if possible. I would NOT use the 40. Maybe use the 100 (and slide it back to 150 or something).

See if the Buffalo would do 28 & 133 for 36 & 100. If not, see if 28 & 144 would work for same

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ole Miss game.

11:43 dispels some of the myths, but also shows the toughness and poise under pressure that I think will make him succeed in the NFL. There's a DL in his face, he hangs in, perfect technique, and delivers a strike, completes it deep over the middle to the right guy, then takes a massive pancake hit. That's a throw very few NFL QBs can make under that pressure. Love this throw.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I had a vision that the Skins signed OBJ to an incentive laiden deal.

I dunno how I feel about that.
I feel like OBJ isn't the kind of character guy the current regime is looking for. That said, he seemed to have settled down a bit, and maybe as a lower paid, prove-it type guy, he's discovered some humility.

11:43 dispels some of the myths, but also shows the toughness and poise under pressure that I think will make him succeed in the NFL. There's a DL in his face, he hangs in, perfect technique, and delivers a strike, completes it deep over the middle to the right guy, then takes a massive pancake hit. That's a throw very few NFL QBs can make under that pressure. Love this throw.
Thought the same thing. It's of a piece with the throw against AL where he got knocked out of the game with the chin hit -- he hung in there in the face of the straight rush and delivered a throw that his receiver had a shot to bring down.
I think all three of these guys are some seriously tough SOBs, and it sounds like the majority of the scouting community sees the same.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
17:02 is another mythbuster. He gets pressure so he rolls out. But rather than tuck and run, he keeps his eyes down field, resets quickly, and hits the open guy for a nice gain. He'll run when nothing is open, but he's always looking down field, making good decisions.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Does this S2 Cognition test specifically designed to predict QB success or can it help predict the success of other skill positions like RB/WR? Or is that just mostly physical traits and situation?
The only mention successful QBs that scored high but not any that scored in the elite and did not...probably data privacy issues so still a bit dubious.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, Skins will take CW, I’d wager…. IF they can.

I’m hoping that the Bears agree to terms w once of these guys soon (they can at anytime now, as it’s their choice….I believe ….as it’s happened before? Obv maybe not because they can’t then play the trade game.

But they may just want to lock it up.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1711143260626.png

Le sigh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad