OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hard to imagine them drafting a skinnier version of Justin Fields, with a weaker arm. JD is certainly a better passer than JF was as a prospect, though. So I guess you never know.

But I think the city of Chicago riots if they pass on Caleb. Ofc I’d be thrilled to take him if they do!
Imagine if they draft Maye, hah.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
They still need a LOT of help on OL and DB. Also TE and WR need help too.
Yup. And we're in great position to sign any capable starters that cut in training camp. Great, great position to be in. (First time that sentence has been typed about this franchise in more than 20 years?)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yup. And we're in great position to sign any capable starters that cut in training camp. Great, great position to be in. (First time that sentence has been typed about this franchise in more than 20 years?)

Right now, there are a handful of players that I think (me, so take that for nothing) could help the team this year.

OT:
Brown, Trent (not as a starter persay)
Bakhtiari, David (old, but….better than what we have now)
Becton, Mekhi (great pedigree and size, but…)

CB:
Howard, Xavien (older, but good player)
Gilmore, Stephon (old but effective)

S:
Diggs, Quandre
Simmons, Justin (best of this group)
Adams, Jamal (always hurt)
Blackmon, Julian (young but inconsistent)

WR:
Williams, Mike (injuries!)
Reynolds, Josh (inconsistent)
Thomas, Michael (old, injuries!)
Renfrow, Hunter (meh)

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
That's a good list. The only ones I'd def. be out on:

Becton (graded TERRIBLY last 2 seasons)
M. Thomas (not a go-up-and-get-it receiver, pretty one-dimensional; got in a fight w/ teammates a couple years ago b/c he got tired of being called "slant boy")

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Out of that group i’d take simmons for sure. Also howard and williams if we can’t/don’t want to trade for anyone

And I want to take reddick from the eagles

Last edited:

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Anyone you’d add?
Not out of the current FA class. Happy to wait for camp cuts. Still hopeful we can get a jump-ball wideout in the second or third -- assuming we don't land M. Williams (he'd be my top priority out of the remaining FAs, if he checks out medically.)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
In mocks I always take QB 1st and spend the high second rounders on OT/WR depending where the players fall.
FA suggests we are leaving some roster spots open. And you can add TE to that list

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
In mocks I always take QB 1st and spend the high second rounders on OT/WR depending where the players fall.
FA suggests we are leaving some roster spots open. And you can add TE to that list
I’ve seen that too. But sometimes it feels like a reach? Especially when a DT falls (could be a couple of them), or it’s the QB’s (Nix/Penix), or a Keon Coleman (don’t want).

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’ve seen that too. But sometimes it feels like a reach? Especially when a DT falls (could be a couple of them), or it’s the QB’s (Nix/Penix), or a Keon Coleman (don’t want).
Our early 2nds should be on value. Like if a QB falls and we get a jackpot offer you have to go.

Since we have 2 picks so close high in the second round. We should know these players well.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I'm with @AlexBrovechkin8 at this point, I just need the draft to be here. All this talk and speculation and comparisons are making my head spin, and I keep going back and forth between maye and daniels

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
seems like everyone is mocking daniels to Washington now

pro days can still change things but he would be the betting favorite now at #2

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Hey guys .. debbie downer here .. just wanted to mention we didnt add a single stud or "gamebreaker". A bunch of decent to good starters just gets us back to drafting in the teens again.

7-10 yall .. 7-10 roster at best

Reactions: Holtbyisms

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Hey guys .. debbie downer here .. just wanted to mention we didnt add a single stud or "gamebreaker". A bunch of decent to good starters just gets us back to drafting in the teens again.

7-10 yall .. 7-10 roster at best
Are you assuming the coaching staff gets no improvement out of the existing players? Like Jamin Davis or Forbes?

I have no idea where they'll finish, but I expect them to play the right way, finally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad